• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Stafford a warrior.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran most of that stuff last week and lost. This time CJ got the ball more and Riddick and its still not good enough? They ran the screen to Tate once which wasnt the right call at the time. Bell got swallowed up on his, but his blockers didnt help.

Im just kind of confused as to how can they score when they cant block? I saw three times where Staff wanted to take a deep shot but the line broke down.
Last week they scored 3 touchdowns by the way.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need to watch the 4th qtr. Packer game is better.

Stafford connected on 9 straight at one point. IMO this goes on Lombardi more. He can not adapt whatsoever. Staff had time on many plays. When he stepped up because there was a pocket, there was nobody open. Not acceptable with the money spent on weapons. The routes are too deep for the time he does have.

IMO Lombardi may have peaked at QB coach. He certainly learned nothing from Sean. Win or lose he could at least adapt and play chess with any DC in the league.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas is garbage at RT. he made Robison look all pro. don't think he can make the switch to the right side. He is not better than Reiff either so hope Waddle can start next week. His foot work sucks. Corey needs to develop quickly.

There were some breakdowns on the OL, but when Stafford is the leading rusher and your behind. Most DL's will look awesome. Linehan did way more with way less for a OL. Until Lombardi schemes to his players it will not work forcing them completely adapt to you.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the defense is terrible. Two straight games they got torched.

It's interesting watching the masses finally figure out what few others were able to see long ago. Anyone still ready to hire Austin as HC?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting watching the masses finally figure out what few others were able to see long ago. Anyone still ready to hire Austin as HC?

Suh needs to step it up more though. He has been anything but stellar in two games so far.

Austin might of needed him more, but Suh was the most dominant I ever saw him with Austin. IMO they made each other better. He is the best DT in the league and is being outshined without Austin's scheme.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-Game Packers/Seahawks was interesting on their thoughts on Stafford getting hit out of bounds. One was even upset that only one person had Stafford back.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh needs to step it up more though. He has been anything but stellar in two games so far.

Austin might of needed him more, but Suh was the most dominant I ever saw him with Austin. IMO they made each other better. He is the best DT in the league and is being outshined without Austin's scheme.

You gotta remember the Ex-Lions Player challenged everyone on defense to step it up last season. He got paid so now he can take it easy and ride the gravy train until his contract year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a force. He went out with an injury for 1 play, and Jax scored a 47 yard TD. He's affects the whole field, whether PFF stats say so or not.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta remember the Ex-Lions Player challenged everyone on defense to step it up last season. He got paid so now he can take it easy and ride the gravy train until his contract year.

Suh was going to get paid regardless. IMO Austin may have helped notch him few million extra. He was going to be highest paid. It was a question of how high?

I do not think coasting is in Suh's DNA. Never saw that in his first five seasons. I'm still sticking with that defense had the right 15-16 players and coach to be what it was.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a force. He went out with an injury for 1 play, and Jax scored a 47 yard TD. He's affects the whole field, whether PFF stats say so or not.

Did he take some other plays off also?

I'm aware of his affects on a game. Jags had some very long sustaining drives today.

Suh will dominate a game soon. Might be this week? Then he will make a few special plays here and there in a few games and then dominate another game etc... I watched this play out already. When the other ten step up with him. They will be a top five defense. Not until then though.

I think when all the smoke clears. We'll see that the shit storm all summer had valid points from both sides.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-Game Packers/Seahawks was interesting on their thoughts on Stafford getting hit out of bounds. One was even upset that only one person had Stafford back.
Staff handled himself just fine on that. Like a dude trying to win a football game. (Run all the way thru the sideline. Laying up at the end sets you up for injury, imo. Not worth trying to draw a flag unless it's 3rd or 4th and you're well short of the sticks. And then it shouldn't be the sideline you're running to anyway.)

He got the flag, nobody was an idiot and Drew onetoo cancel it out. I was a little relieved tbh. It's all the character picks, paying off early.

Anybody else tell Chris Collinsworth to shut the fuck up atleast a dozen times e'ry Sunday? He's says some real stupid shit. Idk if he said what you were referencing or not. I'm just saying.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

What's an average % (that's funny) game wise for sacks+hurries+hits/attempts?

Staff was at 30% real late in the game. That doesn't seem out of this world high, to me. Maybe it is. Idk. That's why I asked, cuz Google isn't on tHoop so, I can't ask it.

It wasn't like staff never had time or was forced to scrambled even close to a majority of the time. He moved around in the pocket a few times, QBs do that, it's cool. But he's getting hit hard too much. And I'm thinking theres something to that, other than just the 5 guys in front of him not being "good".

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion.
You're not allowed to have those unless it falls into one or more of the following pre-approved categories: A.) Stafford Sucks B.) Lombardi Sucks C.) Mayhew Sucks D.) the Lions suck or E.) Suh is a football god

Otherwise your opinion does not agree with the conventional board wisdom around these parts...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need to watch the 4th qtr. Packer game is better.

Stafford connected on 9 straight at one point. IMO this goes on Lombardi more. He can not adapt whatsoever. Staff had time on many plays. When he stepped up because there was a pocket, there was nobody open. Not acceptable with the money spent on weapons. The routes are too deep for the time he does have.

IMO Lombardi may have peaked at QB coach. He certainly learned nothing from Sean. Win or lose he could at least adapt and play chess with any DC in the league.
I agree with that. I noticed that we had nobody working the underneath, "quick-release" routes on far too many plays.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking a strong wind would knock Stafford to the ground. Half of those looked like he flopped trying to get a call.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas is garbage at RT. he made Robison look all pro. don't think he can make the switch to the right side. He is not better than Reiff either so hope Waddle can start next week. His foot work sucks. Corey needs to develop quickly.

There were some breakdowns on the OL, but when Stafford is the leading rusher and your behind. Most DL's will look awesome. Linehan did way more with way less for a OL. Until Lombardi schemes to his players it will not work forcing them completely adapt to you.
Also agree with that. He sucked something awful yesterday. Even if Waddle gets healthy and closes the season strong we should still draft a tackle in the first 4 rounds next year, imo...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not allowed to have those unless it falls into one or more of the following pre-approved categories: A.) Stafford Sucks B.) Lombardi Sucks C.) Mayhew Sucks D.) the Lions suck or E.) Suh is a football god

Otherwise your opinion does not agree with the conventional board wisdom around these parts...

Multiple choice I hope, I will circle B and C. Which will also at this moment mean I have to throw in D.