• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Stafford a warrior.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking a strong wind would knock Stafford to the ground. Half of those looked like he flopped trying to get a call.
You know damn well if that was Brady, or Manning, or Rodgers back there there would have been at least a half-dozen roughing the passer calls made on all those boarder-line late hits.

Let's not even get started on the lack of PI calls- the Vikings DBs were literally hanging off our WRs- to the point where the announcers were starting to question why they were getting away with obvious PI on play after play...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting watching the masses finally figure out what few others were able to see long ago. Anyone still ready to hire Austin as HC?
You're full of shit and we all know it. Nice try. You didn't figure out shit, Mr. "Suh is a generational talent and the only reason this defense was any good." Lol. You've been exposed worse than our blocking scheme...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a force. He went out with an injury for 1 play, and Jax scored a 47 yard TD. He's affects the whole field, whether PFF stats say so or not.
You're delusional.

Your boyfriend cashed in and checked out. He's all about the money and has no heart and no character to speak of... matter of fact it may have just occurred to me why you like him so much, you're damn near a matched pair!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know damn well if that was Brady, or Manning, or Rodgers back there there would have been at least a half-dozen roughing the passer calls made on all those boarder-line late hits.

Let's not even get started on the lack of PI calls- the Vikings DBs were literally hanging off our WRs- to the point where the announcers were starting to question why they were getting away with obvious PI on play after play...

It went both ways. They let one go early against the Lions defender that was pretty obvious (and it was mentioned as well), and the Vikes D adjusted to it.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was tough! I didn't like Barr hitting him late on the sideline. Hope Zimmer did something about that after the game. Vikes had way too many (dumb) penalties yesterday.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's job is it to get the players prepared and execute their game plan on Sundays?
The players. They're very highly paid professionals, they should be able to get themselves prearranged to execute the game plan that they're given each and every week...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went both ways. They let one go early against the Lions defender that was pretty obvious (and it was mentioned as well), and the Vikes D adjusted to it.

Key word of this entire post is ADJUSTED...

Which I did not see from the Lions yesterday.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was tough! I didn't like Barr hitting him late on the sideline. Hope Zimmer did something about that after the game. Vikes had way too many (dumb) penalties yesterday.
No, they didn't have nearly enough, imo. We needed a few more 15 yard unsportsman-likes and a few long PIs to get our stagnant offense moving, imo. lol

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players. They're very highly paid professionals, they should be able to get themselves prearranged to execute the game plan that they're given each and every week...

To a extent I agree. The really good coaches have a game plan centered around their players and the talents they possess. Which then is cRried out. Lombardi has that same mindset you have IMO. Forcing them to adjust to him and not the other way around.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a extent I agree. The really good coaches have a game plan centered around their players and the talents they possess. Which then is cRried out. Lombardi has that same mindset you have IMO. Forcing them to adjust to him and not the other way around.
Not too sure how you extrapolated that from what I wrote? :scratch::noidea:

Maybe that's what you wanted me to have said, for argument's sake? I don't like Lombardi's blocking scheme one single bit- it clearly isn't working...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too sure how you extrapolated that from what I wrote? :scratch::noidea:

Maybe that's what you wanted me to have said, for argument's sake? I don't like Lombardi's blocking scheme one single bit- it clearly isn't working...

The game plan that you feel they should be able to carry out because they are highly
paid pro's is how I got there. Lombardi has a terrible plan and I see you agree. How can you expect good results from highly paid guys when the plan sucks?

Kevin Coyle's plan sucks right now. Until he changes it, the Suh thread will thrive.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how Lombardi is the great scape goat this year. You guys know he's only here because everyone else we asked to be OC said no first, right?

There's no one better out there to get until Mayhew goes.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game plan that you feel they should be able to carry out because they are highly
paid pro's is how I got there. Lombardi has a terrible plan and I see you agree. How can you expect good results from highly paid guys when the plan sucks?

Kevin Coyle's plan sucks right now. Until he changes it, the Suh thread will thrive.
???

Then you're connecting dots that aren't even in the same damned activity book.

Where in the hell do you see that I said I agreed with Lombardi's "plan"?

There's plenty of trolling going on on this board with Swarm and his little cronies, no reason to start inserting stuff between the lines that was never there to begin with just so you can pose an argument of your liking.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how Lombardi is the great scape goat this year. You guys know he's only here because everyone else we asked to be OC said no first, right?

There's no one better out there to get until Mayhew goes.
More unsubstantiated bullshit.

Do you ever try to learn any accurate information, or are you content just to make shit up as you go? I guess that's probably a much easier way to live life- just make shit up and convince yourself to believe it. Way easier than dealing with reality, especially when you're as scared of the real world as you've proven to be...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ears were ringing so I came to this thread and found TP talking about me. I bet this is how Suh feels.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I saw Tate make catches with two or three guys suddenly around him. He was in single coverage or in the open spot of zone. Last year Tate lead the league in YAC. Yet it seems every time he makes a catch so far there is no space. Joe is not flushing out the coverage like he did last year. Tate was never immediately gang tackled. Why this year?

Course maybe this is due to the Vikes only rushing 3-4 and getting to Matt or flushing him from the pocket. So there was always multiple guys within the ten yards where the Lions had a remote chance of completions.

Lombardi's scheme sucks and I'm trying so hard to eat some crow with Stafford. At this rate, it will be season 8 because Matt is coming off IR.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TP let us read this again and see how I said Lombardis plan sucked and said you agreed with it sucking. Sorry your connect the dots failed. Jesus loves you.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Then you're connecting dots that aren't even in the same damned activity book.

Where in the hell do you see that I said I agreed with Lombardi's "plan"?

There's plenty of trolling going on on this board with Swarm and his little cronies, no reason to start inserting stuff between the lines that was never there to begin with just so you can pose an argument of your liking.

Read the thread.

1. Thunder asked whose job it is (implying that it's the coach's job) to get the players ready to play.

2. You answered that it's the players job, because they are getting paid to prepare for and execute whatever game-plan is given to them.

3. Gandy is of the belief that Lombardi is not scheming/play-calling to the strength of the players he is coaching, and that he is either too rigid or stubborn to adjust his scheme/play-calls. His point is that you seem to agree with Lombardi that it's up to the players to adjust to and execute his scheme/plays, rather than his responsibility to adjust to the players he has. This is why he stated, "Lombardi has that same mindset you have IMO. Forcing them to adjust to him and not the other way around."

Should be easy to grasp, even if you disagree.