• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Passing Attack

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBR sucks as a rating.
It certainly does, but so does Passer Rating which ignores rushing and is heavily dependent on completion percentage. In the end it comes down to personal opinions.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is -7 Chiefs for the Bengals vs Chiefs title game lmfao! Just smash that to death and make some money.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the QBR for the NFL is obviously based differently than PFF. PFF had Burrow as the #1 QBR in the NFL until Brady overtook him in week 18 because Burrow sat out and Brady had a great week. That made Burrow #2.

Plus, I was not bashing you. I was just verifying your point of view. If you are basing it off all the stuff you are referencing, you would be hard pressed to not include Burrow in the top 10, maybe even top 5 if you are basing it off this year, especially if you remove those couple areas the QB has little to no control over, blocking and sacks.

If you are going to take into account blocking and sacks, you are indeed making Joe Burrow a worse QB. Because you are taking into account stats that the QB has almost no control over in many situations. So if it makes you feel better to take that into account to diminish Joe Burrow, go right ahead. I don't want to upset your perception that makes you comfortable.
Again, the thread is about the Bengals passing attack, which looks solid but I don't think it's anything special. Burrow is clearly the best part of the Bengals passing attack but to me he's not in the top 10% of NFL starting QBs, and top 20% would be borderline. He might not be top 30%. Nothing uncomfortable about that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you talk about the passing attack in general, I think it's more than fair to include the negatives, especially the OL play. The Bengals offense as a whole is good, not great. Mainly because of the OL - it causes a lot of inconsistencies in both the run game, and passing game.

But, if we are talking strictly about Joe Burrow - then, he was clearly one of the top QB's in the NFL this year, and through 1 1/2 seasons, he's shown nothing to dispute that he can be a top 5 QB.

Maybe he's not "elite" as I think that is a term more earned over time - but his year was pretty damned great.

He was 6th in yards, 1st in Comp%, 1st in AYPA, 3rd in YPG, was 8th in TD, and did struggle with INT's with 14 and had most of them through the 1st half of the season until he started to take a bit more care of the ball (last regular season INT was Dec 5th). and 2nd in Rating (per ESPN - even if you don't like, but not QBR). He also sat the last game, in which he could have potentially ended up 3rd in yards, and maybe with 35, 36, or even 37 TD's, which would have tied him for 4th.

I mean - maybe he's not elite yet because, like I said, I think that is something that is built over time with consistency, but he puts up another year, or two, like this - he's knocking on that door if not smashing through it. That's pretty great to me.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is -7 Chiefs for the Bengals vs Chiefs title game lmfao! Just smash that to death and make some money.
I'd suggest putting that $200 Vcash on a long-shot. It should reset back to $200 if you lose. :suds:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons of props for Josh Allen, but he's no Joe Burrow. And it wasn't no Ja'mar Chase on that field.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to separate Burrow from his surroundings. It was that way at LSU and still that way now. I remember seeing one of his draft comps was Kurt Warner. Bengals might want to find a Faulk to really unlock that offense. Heck, CEH was a factor for the Chiefs against the Bills.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the thread is about the Bengals passing attack, which looks solid but I don't think it's anything special. Burrow is clearly the best part of the Bengals passing attack but to me he's not in the top 10% of NFL starting QBs, and top 20% would be borderline. He might not be top 30%. Nothing uncomfortable about that.
Fair enough about the passing attack, I can live with your reasoning. We will agree to disagree on Burrow.