• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners trade deadline thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Sampson | Rank: 28 (Preseason: NR)
Team: Indianapolis Indians (AAA) ETA: 2015 Position: RHP Age: 23 DOB: 10/07/1991 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 2" Weight: 205 lb.
Drafted: 2012, 5th (166) - PIT
VIDEO
Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Slider: 50 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45
The Pirates have developed some high-profile, big-armed pitching prospects in the past few years, from Gerrit Cole in the big leagues, to top prospect Tyler Glasnow. Sampson has kind of flown under the radar, but he's about ready to knock on the big league door.

Sampson finished in the top five in the organization in ERA, wins and strikeouts in 2014, all while conquering the big jump to Double-A, even earning a late promotion to Triple-A. He followed that up by pitching capably back in Triple-A in 2015, doing it all with average stuff across the board. His fastball is a tick above-average because it has good life and sink, getting groundball outs. He complements it with an average slider, a wide-sweeping breaking pitch he can throw for strikes, and his changeup made considerable progress. His stuff plays up because of his excellent command.

Sampson will never pitch at the top of a rotation like some of the other pitching prospects in this system might, but it's looking more likely that he'll join them on a staff soon.

INT
Team W L ERA G GS SV IP H HR BB K AVG WHIP GO/AO
IND 8 8 3.98 21 21 0 124.1 137 8 29 95 .278 1.34 1.01
Minors 8 8 3.98 21 21 0 124.1 137 8 29 95 .278 1.34 1.01

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Sampson | Rank: 28 (Preseason: NR)
Team: Indianapolis Indians (AAA) ETA: 2015 Position: RHP Age: 23 DOB: 10/07/1991 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 2" Weight: 205 lb.
Drafted: 2012, 5th (166) - PIT
VIDEO
Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Slider: 50 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45
The Pirates have developed some high-profile, big-armed pitching prospects in the past few years, from Gerrit Cole in the big leagues, to top prospect Tyler Glasnow. Sampson has kind of flown under the radar, but he's about ready to knock on the big league door.

Sampson finished in the top five in the organization in ERA, wins and strikeouts in 2014, all while conquering the big jump to Double-A, even earning a late promotion to Triple-A. He followed that up by pitching capably back in Triple-A in 2015, doing it all with average stuff across the board. His fastball is a tick above-average because it has good life and sink, getting groundball outs. He complements it with an average slider, a wide-sweeping breaking pitch he can throw for strikes, and his changeup made considerable progress. His stuff plays up because of his excellent command.

Sampson will never pitch at the top of a rotation like some of the other pitching prospects in this system might, but it's looking more likely that he'll join them on a staff soon.

INT
Team W L ERA G GS SV IP H HR BB K AVG WHIP GO/AO
IND 8 8 3.98 21 21 0 124.1 137 8 29 95 .278 1.34 1.01
Minors 8 8 3.98 21 21 0 124.1 137 8 29 95 .278 1.34 1.01

Had to work at work for a change. Fricking Boeing, how dare they? So, I'm way behind in the day's events. Who is taking the roster spots of Lowe, Ackley and Happ, or do we know yet?

Also, I saw that the orioles DFAed Travis synder. He's a local kid and the Marinerrs have been linked to him before. Wouldn't be surprised if he landed here. Will he help? Of course not. Nothing can hep us right now.

I think I'll start a thread having people predict the Mariners final record this year. Or, we could just do it in here. I'm going with 70-92. This season reminds me so much of 2008 and 2010 and what pisses me off is that I knew it was coming.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summary so far:

Gone:
J.A. Happ, LHP
Dustin Ackley, OF
Mark Lowe, RHP

Acquired:
Ramon Flores, OF (#27)
Jose Ramirez, RHP (NR)
Nick Wells, LHP (#23)
Jake Brentz, LHP (#26)
Rob Rasmussen, LHP (NR)
Adrian Sampson, RHP (#28)

Not a bad load. With the exception of Lowe, the two guys we gave up are garbage.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rasmussen could be a really underrated addition. His ERA has really improved since being moved to the bullpen.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give Jack credit not sure any of these guys work out, but we only gave up guys that haven't (Lowe the exception and I really think he will be back next year).

You have to keep adding to the minor league pool to find a gem and they come from different places at different times. Still wanted Jackson moved and Wilhelmsen but could understand the cold market there.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to work at work for a change. Fricking Boeing, how dare they? So, I'm way behind in the day's events. Who is taking the roster spots of Lowe, Ackley and Happ, or do we know yet?

Also, I saw that the orioles DFAed Travis synder. He's a local kid and the Marinerrs have been linked to him before. Wouldn't be surprised if he landed here. Will he help? Of course not. Nothing can hep us right now.

I think I'll start a thread having people predict the Mariners final record this year. Or, we could just do it in here. I'm going with 70-92. This season reminds me so much of 2008 and 2010 and what pisses me off is that I knew it was coming.

Lowe/Ackley/Happ replaced with Rasmussen/Ramirez/Marte
Taylor down Montero up.

I saw that about Snyder as well. They are going to try deal him in next couple days. Bring him home, it can't hurt.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this has been probably the most disappointing season for me, with all the hype and everything... I really felt this team was going to do good things this year.

I don't think they win another game and end up 46-116

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rasmussen could be a really underrated addition. His ERA has really improved since being moved to the bullpen.
natural for the ERA to go down with a move to the pen, and ERA is one of the least important stats for a reliever anyway, but yeah, he should be okay.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's take on the Mariners position after Trade Deadline...

"Loser: Seattle Mariners. Not only is a team that was a preseason favorite to compete for the World Series suffering through a miserable year; they didn't even have much to trade off to help restock a bad farm system. Dustin Ackley and Lowe brought back fringe prospects, but ownership reportedly nixed trading Hisashi Iwakuma, the one asset they had who could have brought something interesting in return. Does any team have a bleaker future than Seattle? Even with the Phillies you can pretend to envision a future with Maikel Franco and J.P. Crawford and some of the kids acquired in the Hamels deal."

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disappointed with the moves but kind of disappointed that they were sellers but didn't sell the guys who could've brought them at least an intriguing return with Kuma, Jackson and Trumbo.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Loser: Seattle Mariners. Not only is a team that was a preseason favorite to compete for the World Series suffering through a miserable year; they didn't even have much to trade off to help restock a bad farm system. Dustin Ackley and Lowe brought back fringe prospects, but ownership reportedly nixed trading Hisashi Iwakuma, the one asset they had who could have brought something interesting in return. Does any team have a bleaker future than Seattle? Even with the Phillies you can pretend to envision a future with Maikel Franco and J.P. Crawford and some of the kids acquired in the Hamels deal."

Ouch! I guess the truth does hurt.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! I guess the truth does hurt.

Yeah, even before I read this it was hard for me to get excited about any the deals made today... "Fringe" players pretty much sums it up... We did not get better imo...

Sad that Iwa was the one decent trade bait we had that would actually bring something worthy in return... Sad that our ownership sux as bad as it does...I hope they get blasted by every single MLB critic there is.... Last time I looked, Seattle is not located in Japan...

The ownership doesn't give a rats ass about Seattle fans, they're more concerned with the fans in Japan... MLB should be trying everything they can to run this ownership out of town...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not get better imo...

Maybe true, but lost nothing as well. 6 newbies coming in are all nothing to lose guys since traded players were done with us.

Kuma thing is still a head scratcher and no way I would have pitched him the last time out risking loss of trade value...but they were not trading him so I guess there is your reason.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe a little jaded but you can't dispute any of it.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it recycles.. "future" unfortunately many of us bought into the mirage prior to the season.
Zduriencik is a fucking disaster. This organization is a fucking disaster.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for at least the 5th time on here, i'll say again, how the fuck is iwakuma still on this roster?

literally anything is better than nothing, and the odds of iwakuma coming back to seattle if they offer him a contract has to be pretty fantastic.

what the fuck.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm as disappointed as anyone with this season, but whoever wrote this is an idiot.

"Does any team have a bleaker future than Seattle?"

Yeah, how about one of them without a top 3 pitcher in the game, and a 3-4-5 worse than Cano-Cruz-Seager?

Compared to the expectations, this team has underperformed by a lot. I still looks at most of the roster though and see a team that could win a division for which the Astros didn't sell their souls to the devil.

Other than Kuma and maybe Trumbo, I don't see a guy I wanted traded for the return over what they could bring next season. The Kuma thing is a disaster. He should have been swapped but I'm not counting pennies based on the marketability of a player's race like our ownership is.

I guess my point is I can see us winning games despite the ineptitude of our ownership and a lot of those core players are already on the team. Shit, if Zunino had Edgar in his ear all season, we'd be in 2nd place :D

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a little jaded but you can't dispute any of it.
Fuck ESPN andd the rest of the media dumbasses. They jumped on the Mariner bandwagon in the spring and then put unrealistic expectations on team. Then when the team failed to live up to their unrealistic expectation, they call the Mariners losers. Fuck them. Fuck them all.

And now, according to them, our future is among the worst in baseball? How is that? Other than Happ and Ackley we have the exact same team that they said were World Series contenders just six months ago. LOL. Dumbasses.