• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Angels at our Texas Rangers Series Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the big deal is about players going out having a few and raising a little hell. It's been going on forever.
Having fun ok. Getting injured in a fight that could have been serious and you don't see what how that could be a big deal. Fighting has no place here. Good time and fun different story

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what will happen including nothing. When you're at the cross roads which way do you go?

I'm pretty much at a total loss at what to think or do at this point, sorry I missed your post

Okay, NOW...I'm out

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the big deal is about players going out having a few and raising a little hell. It's been going on forever.

If you are at a bar drinking at 2:30 in the morning of a game day, that is a problem.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Wash got through to them at the closed door meeting. i'd expect a players only meeting before the game today. Time for someone to tell these guys that the A's are for real, and unless they all want to miss the playoffs again (last year was a joke, might as well missed) then they better focus on doing their jobs and leave the playing around for the offseason and days off.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder if Nathan being involved the other night has something to do with their willingness to trade him. It did hurt the Rangers in that game with Scheppers not available.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anyone heard of Magadan is on the hot seat with the terrible hitting?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did the first time, don't know why you would think he hasn't now.

He's not liked. When you don't like someone then no matter what happens you'll never give credit to someone. That's how it is unfortunately.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anyone heard of Magadan is on the hot seat with the terrible hitting?

Mags is pretty highly regarded so I don't think he's in the hot seat just yet. I think most people including the FO is realizing that this is an epic and collective offensive slump and nothing is really to blame for it other than urging the players to try to get out of it as soon as possible.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not liked. When you don't like someone then no matter what happens you'll never give credit to someone. That's how it is unfortunately.

Who isnt liked? Washington? The players LOVE him...... :wtf2:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about fans on message boards. But it's all good everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ahhh... yeah. There are few posters that jump at every opportunity they can to bash the guy/certain players. Its like...we all know your hatred for the them...It gets old after awhile. STAHP.

Was that way with Young last year.. Murphy this year... Wash since forever.

:deadhorse:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen anything that says otherwise? It's a stupid conversation to be having.
The funny thing about claims is that they usually have fact backing them up. Absence of proof doesn't disprove it, but it also doesn't make it true. I don't think they hate the guy, but just because you see them all laughing in the dugout and carrying on when a guy hits a homer doesn't mean they love him.

Ultimately I think it's just a cliche that is said about managers. "Players love him" "He gets the most out of his players" "He's a real players manager." I just hope they respect him, because the minute they don't he's lost them.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about claims is that they usually have fact backing them up. Absence of proof doesn't disprove it, but it also doesn't make it true. I don't think they hate the guy, but just because you see them all laughing in the dugout and carrying on when a guy hits a homer doesn't mean they love him.

Ultimately I think it's just a cliche that is said about managers. "Players love him" "He gets the most out of his players" "He's a real players manager." I just hope they respect him, because the minute they don't he's lost them.

By all indications and from what we've heard over the years yes they do like him. Love is a strong word but yes I believe the players like him and respect him. If that wasn't the case this ship wouldn't have been the way it has been during his tenure. I know you don't like him so you may assume that others and players will feel the same way but hardly is that ever the case. If it were really as bad as people on these boards say it is we would know and hear about it. It's that simple. Just my opinion tho.

And of course when you lose respect for anybody then the complexities will change but that is true in all walks of life.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all indications and from what we've heard over the years yes they do like him. Love is a strong word but yes I believe the players like him and respect him. If that wasn't the case this ship wouldn't have been the way it has been during his tenure. I know you don't like him so you may assume that others and players will feel the same way but hardly is that ever the case. If it were really as bad as people on these boards say it is we would know and hear about it. It's that simple. Just my opinion tho.

And of course when you lose respect for anybody then the complexities will change but that is true in all walks of life.
I see the reasons to keep him is that "players love him". That's not a reason to keep a manager. The Cowboys players LOVED Wade Phillips. He was not the right man for the job. Ron Washington the person is a great man, who I like a great deal. Ron Washington the manager is the dude that annoys me to no end.