• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Like It or Not..It's the Book on Romo

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is an excellent QB, but his tendency to turn the ball over in key moments keeps the spotlight squarely on him and the Cowboys. Having said that, the defense hasn't been very good.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Otis enjoy the Board its a pretty good bunch here good posters and good people. The Major Trolls have all been banned Ford has done a good job of giving them enough rope to hang themselves of their own volition through their BS posting.

You mentioned Joe Kapp he looked real good in SB3 vs the Chiefs :)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Otis enjoy the Board its a pretty good bunch here good posters and good people. The Major Trolls have all been banned Ford has done a good job of giving them enough rope to hang themselves of their own volition through their BS posting.

You mentioned Joe Kapp he looked real good in SB3 vs the Chiefs :)

Kapp was a little before my time. I remember him as the walking boss in the original LOngest YArd movie.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kapp was a little before my time. I remember him as the walking boss in the original LOngest YArd movie.

I remember Kapp and the Vikings carving up Cleveland in the NFL championship game the week after Cleveland laid the wood to our heroes.

Kapp made Jim Houston his personal punching bag on one play. Not ofter you see a QB lay a hit on a LB and the LB gets carted off the field.

Joe Kapp was a DUDE.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Kapp was a little better than Bobby Douglas playing on a much better team.
Neither player had much NFL longevity

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest rehab for you then. Romo had a solid running game with Barber and a solid D and went 13-3. If you don't think Romo could have won a Super Bowl with Lynch and that D(and Coach), you know even less about football than I thought:L

WOW.......FUNNY!
Clueless lives under any screen name.

least you're popular with the seattle crowd

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Kapp was a little better than Bobby Douglas playing on a much better team.
Neither player had much NFL longevity

Bobby Douglass couldn't complete a pass to save his ass. I'll give Kapp credit for being able to throw a little.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Douglass couldn't complete a pass to save his ass. I'll give Kapp credit for being able to throw a little.

then you saw a different Joe Kapp than I.
I did say Joe was a little better than Douglas.
Fact is....neither could throw a football to NFL standards

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you saw a different Joe Kapp than I.
I did say Joe was a little better than Douglas.
Fact is....neither could throw a football to NFL standards

Will agree to disagree then. 1969 passing stats bear out he was pretty good... and pretty efficient. Bobby Douglass sucks and I'm still in denial that he actually had a swim through Dallas when Staubach was hurt.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otis I have been meaning to ask - who are you a bigger fan of - Captain Comeback or Captain Spaulding

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any of the great qbs coming here and winning the big one. The Cowboys defense has been a sieve since Romo has been here. I am not a Romo hater,but I thought the big extension was another dumb decision by Jerrah.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.......FUNNY!
Clueless lives under any screen name.

least you're popular with the seattle crowd

I care about as much about the Seahawks Homers opinions as I do yours. At least they are just proud f their overrated QB. You are simply an Asshole

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL this topic went about 6 different directions.
Is Romo a good Qb? Yes! Is he a very good Qb? yes!! Is he an "elite Qb" No!

Do you need an elite Qb to win a Superbowl? No!
Do you need a complete team to win one. (Outside of the greatest show on turf) Yes!
So the blame is in the wrong place. Romo isn't pissing away games anymore than Trent Dilfer was "winning them"

Last game of the season last year ... Romo out ... Same exact result. It's either the team or the coaching/play calling in those situations. (Personally I think play calling) Same play caller -Same results year after year

As far as Favre goes .... Most over rated? Im not sure about that. I think he will be the most undeserving to end up in the HOF.
Holmgren kept him on a leash....... and only Holmgren won with him. But with that ... They had the number 1 defense in the league. Bennit (1000 yard rusher the year before) tag teamed splitting carries and catches with Levins ( 100 yard rusher the year after)
Not only did they have Chewy but they put Keith Jackson beside him (Pro Bowl TightEnd)
and 3 very very solid passing options ...... to go along with Desmond Howard on Special Teams.
So no that team IS NOT comparable to any team Romo has been on Why do the numbers look similar?.. Easy ... Was a defensive league that ran the ball ... Not even close to comparable to todays standards.

All that said .... Favre's last pass as a Packer ... INT to end their season
Last pass as a Jet ..... INT to end their season
Last pass as a Viking ... INT to end their season

The biggest difference in the two ..... That ring on Favre's finger (Not the teams ... the two players)

and actually Romo is MORE careful with the ball than Favre .... which is why Favre holds the record for INTS

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you need a complete team to win one. (Outside of the greatest show on turf) Yes!
So the blame is in the wrong place. Romo isn't pissing away games anymore than Trent Dilfer was "winning them"

Last game of the season last year ... Romo out ... Same exact result. It's either the team or the coaching/play calling in those situations. (Personally I think play calling) Same play caller -Same results year after year

As far as Favre goes .... Most over rated? Im not sure about that. I think he will be the most undeserving to end up in the HOF.
Holmgren kept him on a leash....... and only Holmgren won with him. But with that ... They had the number 1 defense in the league. Bennit (1000 yard rusher the year before) tag teamed splitting carries and catches with Levins ( 100 yard rusher the year after)
Not only did they have Chewy but they put Keith Jackson beside him (Pro Bowl TightEnd)
and 3 very very solid passing options ...... to go along with Desmond Howard on Special Teams.
So no that team IS NOT comparable to any team Romo has been on Why do the numbers look similar?.. Easy ... Was a defensive league that ran the ball ... Not even close to comparable to todays standards.

The biggest difference in the two ..... That ring on Favre's finger (Not the teams ... the two players)

and actually Romo is MORE careful with the ball than Favre .... which is why Favre holds the record for INTS

I don't really find anything to disagree with you on in your assessment.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All those guys you named sucked. They only made Provo was because of Favre. Just ask es4m.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those guys you named sucked. They only made Provo was because of Favre. Just ask es4m.

I remember Elway beating them in the Superbowl throwing for less than 140 yards
and Jerome Brown on his knees gasping for air right befoore Davis ran in the game winning TD

Defense couldnt hold ....neither did Favre

and never did that team go through Dallas. In fact they got lucky. The week before the Cowboys lost Irvin and Sanders in the game against the Panthers and lost ..... ( same year of the drug charges and r*pe charges) Without that it would have been Dallas in that Superbowl for 4 out of 5 years

In fact we beat them ( week 10 I believe) earlier that year

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember beating them in Dallas on a Monday night and Boniol hit 7 fgs . That was the yr they won the Superbowl. I dont think we could have gone in GB and won that yr though. The team wasnt the same after the Steeler Superbowl. The next yr we went to GB during the regular season and got throttled.