• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Like It or Not..It's the Book on Romo

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""A few evaluators questioned whether Romo had the mind-set to play at the highest level consistently. It's a familiar refrain in league circles, a feeling that Romo is an undisciplined QB playing for an undisciplined organization with a poorly constructed roster.
"People want to knock him," one GM responded, "but the guy has talent and is one of the top 10 starters in the league."
Romo is 34 years old and coming off back surgery, but he still could be in line for a "monster" season, one evaluator said. "But I absolutely believe they will not win big with him. As soon as he decides it's a clutch moment, his brain goes elsewhere. He loses focus and tries to create something.""

not to worry romotoowens.....he's a solid QB with now...minimal gunslinger traits

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Romo believer. I know he isn't 100% complete but only 3 or 4 elite QBs in the world. He's near the top of the next level. If Dallas doesn't find a replacement in the next 3 or so years people are going to miss him BIG TIME.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix the defense. Then let's see what he can do.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Switch Romo with Russell Wilson last season. Anyone who thinks Seattle wouldn't have been even better with Romo is on crack

It's convenient for people to forget that Romo was two dropped passes by effin' Patrick Crayton from beating the G-Men in 2007. I'm every much a critic of him as anyone but there's plenty of blame to go around on the team.

This team will rise or fall in 2014 based on how the defense performs... or doesn't perform.

Period.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo has not always had a great supporting cast of players like Manning, Brady, etc. have had. You put Romo with the players that Manning and Brady have--and have had--he would be wearing a couple of SB rings.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's convenient for people to forget that Romo was two dropped passes by effin' Patrick Crayton from beating the G-Men in 2007. I'm every much a critic of him as anyone but there's plenty of blame to go around on the team.

This team will rise or fall in 2014 based on how the defense performs... or doesn't perform.

Period.

It's also convenient for people to continue to make excuses for him and not recognize his role in every one of those big losses. It's one thing to pump up his positives, which are many, but to pretend as if he hasn't played a very last role in our lack of success in big games is just sticking your head in the sand.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Switch Romo with Russell Wilson last season. Anyone who thinks Seattle wouldn't have been even better with Romo is on crack

I guess I'm on crack, because I don't think switching the two helps Seattle at all. On a team like ours we can't win with Wilson and need a guy like Romo that can put up big numbers, but on a team like Seattle they are way better off with Wilson than Romo IMO. The last thing they want from a QB is to throw away a game with a late mistake. They need a QB to just get them some points and let the defense and running game win the game for them. A guy like Romo or Cutler would be the worst type of QB for them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Romo believer. I know he isn't 100% complete but only 3 or 4 elite QBs in the world. He's near the top of the next level. If Dallas doesn't find a replacement in the next 3 or so years people are going to miss him BIG TIME.

Absolutely. I love the Weeden signing this year because he is cheap and experienced and can serve either the #2 or #3 role, but he should NEVER be our #1 QB. We only have a couple more years to do something with Romo before we need to find another QB. I think when Romo finally leaves, people will see the value he had for this team, flaws and all. Playing QB for the Dallas Cowboys isn't exactly an easy job.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also convenient for people to continue to make excuses for him and not recognize his role in every one of those big losses. It's one thing to pump up his positives, which are many, but to pretend as if he hasn't played a very last role in our lack of success in big games is just sticking your head in the sand.

Yup... I am as big a critic of his for those soul killing interceptions at the end of games as anyone.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup... I am as big a critic of his for those soul killing interceptions at the end of games as anyone.

It's unfortunate, QBs always receive all the blame or all the glory. Fair or not. The truth usually lies somewhere in between. Think Romo gets a bad rap, even tho I love to joke about his lack of clutch gene...

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as quick as anyone to make a Romo joke or two but sometimes he takes some real unfair criticism from complete morons.

Like the Denver game last year. Yeah, he threw a late pick. But he also led them to 48 points! People who blamed him for that loss are some of the most unintelligent forms of life on the planet.

Defense allows 51 points but yeah ..... let's blame Romo for that.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate, QBs always receive all the blame or all the glory. Fair or not. The truth usually lies somewhere in between. Think Romo gets a bad rap, even tho I love to joke about his lack of clutch gene...

Goes with the territory

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as quick as anyone to make a Romo joke or two but sometimes he takes some real unfair criticism from complete morons.

Like the Denver game last year. Yeah, he threw a late pick. But he also led them to 48 points! People who blamed him for that loss are some of the most unintelligent forms of life on the planet.

Defense allows 51 points but yeah ..... let's blame Romo for that.

I don't know many people that blame Romo for that game. The defense has been atrocious for a while, we all know this. But there are many other examples that you can point to where Romo has folded up big time in high leverage situations.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know many people that blame Romo for that game. The defense has been atrocious for a while, we all know this. But there are many other examples that you can point to where Romo has folded up big time in high leverage situations.

I heard a few. The most mind-boggling reason I heard Romo blamed and not the defense in that situation was "well, Denver scored this much on everybody so the defense gets a pass."

Yeah, after two games, they had run up the points on two teams. :L

Yeah, there have been some really bad performances by him at times. No doubt there. He is who he is. Not quite Brett Favre. Is funny how Mister Favre gets so many of his "Romo moments" overlooked. That guy had quite a few himself.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a few. The most mind-boggling reason I heard Romo blamed and not the defense in that situation was "well, Denver scored this much on everybody so the defense gets a pass."

Yeah, after two games, they had run up the points on two teams. :L

Yeah, there have been some really bad performances by him at times. No doubt there. He is who he is. Not quite Brett Favre. Is funny how Mister Favre gets so many of his "Romo moments" overlooked. That guy had quite a few himself.

Favre has a Super Bowl and another appearance. Romo at his best is nowhere close to Favre at his best. They are/were both pretty bad at their worst.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre has a Super Bowl and another appearance. Romo at his best is nowhere close to Favre at his best. They are/were both pretty bad at their worst.

Favre's Packers were so much better than Romo's it's not even fair to compare. As stated earlier SB'S get too much blame or praise depending on the teams outcome. Romo deserves some blame but not near the amount he gets. If Romo goes through the season with ZERO ints then threw one in the early part of a playoff game and we lose people will still be all over him.

I'd bet all those constantly bashing Romo would find every excuse possible not ti give Ro no his props if his team ever does win a SSB.Elway got some of the same treatment. When he finally won people claimed he only won because of Davis.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your high. Nowhere close? At his best Favre was still an Int machine.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre's Packers were so much better than Romo's it's not even fair to compare. As stated earlier SB'S get too much blame or praise depending on the teams outcome. Romo deserves some blame but not near the amount he gets. If Romo goes through the season with ZERO ints then threw one in the early part of a playoff game and we lose people will still be all over him.

I'd bet all those constantly bashing Romo would find every excuse possible not ti give Ro no his props if his team ever does win a SSB.Elway got some of the same treatment. When he finally won people claimed he only won because of Davis.

Legit points. Until Romo passes the hump, the narrative will unfortunately remain the same. Not fair, especially given struggles on D. His supporting cast leaves a bit to be desired. As does the supporting casts for pretty much every team in the east... If we all ever get our acts together, we may see a NFC Beast arise once again. It's way past time...:suds:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your high. Nowhere close? At his best Favre was still an Int machine.

Dude, are you kidding me? Favre put up a huge majority of his numbers in a completely different league than what Romo has played in. Favre was throwing 35+ TD's in a season several times in the 90's. A much tougher league to throw in. Romo has thrown 35+ TD's once. And Favre's talent was not significantly better than what Romo has had to throw to in his career - if at all. Those Packers teams had much better defense for sure.

Favre's stretch from '95,'96,'97 completely shits on anything Tony Romo has ever done.

Last edited by a moderator: