• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasons Why. Not Excuses.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would the Jets, Bills, Packers, etc., etc., and so on.

If, if, if, could, might, might, might if, if, if.

If that bullet hadn't struck him between the eyes, he might have lived.
I'm sorry I did not use green font.....

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great roundtable discussion on the 'Reasons" why the Patriots have fallen so far with no excuses.

1. Continual 'Lack of Urgency to rebuild the offense.
As often as the media, fans and experts have called out weaknesses over the pst five years Bill Belichick has never responded with the conviction needed to fix obvious problems.

2. Brain Drain on the staff.
At one point, the Patriots had four present day NFL GMs working behind the scenes to scout and constantly build the Patriots. There wer also multiple NFL coaches and assistant coaches on the field. Today they are all elsewhere. Those people challenged BB on draft picks and FA signings. Today everyone tries to do "What Bill Wants."

3. Poor drafting and free agent signings.
A. Never signing the 'best' available free agents on the first day. Constantly picking up leftovers on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
B. Hoping for a Draft Day Miracle. Mac Jones falling to #15 was not luck. Nobody else saw what they needed for a staring QB. He was the worst of the five 'Best'.
C. Spending badly for overvalued talent. Nelson Agholor and Jonnu Smith. Neither were fits for the Patriots' offensive system.

4. Poor restaffing of the coaching staff. Bill has three of his sons and two of their friends on his staff. BOB was a safe hire because he was familiar with BB and his wants and was someone that BB was comfortable with and could control.

5. Lack of Ownership involvement. Kraft has always believed that Belichick knew what he was doing, no matter what he did. He's never gotten openly involved in any of the on field decisions. That we are aware of. He's always seemed to trust that BB had all of the right answers.

This table has open chairs. Please take one and express your "reasons" for what the Patriots have become.
I really don't see 3.b. Who could they honestly pick up from free agency at quarterback? They needed to draft the best available at that spot in that position. There is no way they could walk the corpse of Cam Newton out there anymore. It was bad luck that it happened to be a hilariously bad year for QBs coming out.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see 3.b. Who could they honestly pick up from free agency at quarterback? They needed to draft the best available at that spot in that position. There is no way they could walk the corpse of Cam Newton out there anymore. It was bad luck that it happened to be a hilariously bad year for QBs coming out.
Belichick failed with Kosar, Testaverde, Bledsoe, Newton and Mac. Guy should retire and go coach Navy, where his dad Steve did for many years. But his ego wants to beat Shula's all time win record and of course he will also have the all-time loss record. He said in a interview years back that he would never be a Marv Levy and coach in his 70's. Well the mumbler is 71 and prob coach into his mid 70's to get that record

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick failed with Kosar, Testaverde, Bledsoe, Newton and Mac. Guy should retire and go coach Navy, where his dad Steve did for many years. But his ego wants to beat Shula's all time win record and of course he will also have the all-time loss record. He said in a interview years back that he would never be a Marv Levy and coach in his 70's. Well the mumbler is 71 and prob coach into his mid 70's to get that record
I don't think Bledsoe was failure. But he damn sure bent Mac over the doghouse without a reach around. Part of me hopes Mac get's traded comes back and drops 45 on BB

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bledsoe was failure. But he damn sure bent Mac over the doghouse without a reach around. Part of me hopes Mac get's traded comes back and drops 45 on BB
Bledsoe was the highest paid player in the NFL then, making 11 mill a year and already was in a SB a few years earlier when Parcells was HC. BB went 5-13 with him. And I'm 100% with you on Mac, him and his OC failures ruined the poor kid, 45 would be nice on Hoodie. Browns used to go to the playoffs and won the AFCN with Kosar a few times, but Billy failed and got fired. Wonder what team he will be coaching in 2024?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe was the highest paid player in the NFL then, making 11 mill a year and already was in a SB a few years earlier when Parcells was HC. BB went 5-13 with him. And I'm 100% with you on Mac, him and his OC failures ruined the poor kid, 45 would be nice on Hoodie. Browns used to go to the playoffs and won the AFCN with Kosar a few times, but Billy failed and got fired. Wonder what team he will be coaching in 2024?
I just hope Kraft has the backbone to let him go. The past is the past and it's time to move past it. Someone stated that if RK would let JK make these decisions it would be a done deal. I could see JK cutting ties with BB first, then getting the highest quality GM we could. Name a new HC, there is word of Mayo wanting the gig it's fair to question if he is the answer. I feel at that point you have to get an OC most here thought BOB would make a difference and he has not.

This team as it stands right now is poorly build. I am not averse to a fire sale pick up extra draft picks and start anew, top to bottom.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Kraft has the backbone to let him go. The past is the past and it's time to move past it. Someone stated that if RK would let JK make these decisions it would be a done deal. I could see JK cutting ties with BB first, then getting the highest quality GM we could. Name a new HC, there is word of Mayo wanting the gig it's fair to question if he is the answer. I feel at that point you have to get an OC most here thought BOB would make a difference and he has not.

This team as it stands right now is poorly build. I am not averse to a fire sale pick up extra draft picks and start anew, top to bottom.
Bill lived by the sword he should die by the sword. When players were getting a little aged or pricey like a Seymour TB, Gronk etc, he had no prob letting them go or looking to trade them. he has sucked pre TB and post TB and to make 27 mill a year with a 2-8 record, time to be traded Billy. Plus the guy doesn't bring any decent coaches in, just family and loser friends have failed anywhere else and ruined teams. I think Robert will, and yes if Jonathan was in charge, he would have never resigned him to a new contract, spend 200 mill in FA on bums except Judon, Hunter is avg. Chargers would be a nice fit for him, 2nd highest payroll in NFL and Staley is 23-21 in 3 seasons, but blew so many games with his stupid 2 point decisions early in games and also other boneheaded calls on offense. If a decent coach was there, be in playoffs every season, Denver and Raiders are no threat, just KC

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that is relevant to 3.b. I kind of agree with the majority of what big ken is saying, you just can't say they fucked around or made a mistake with Mac. He was literally their only choice.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not fair to put Bledsoe on BB. BB fixed that one before Brady went full on Brady. At the least he deserves some credit for recognizing TB was better than Bledsoe and righting that situation. Few were certain the Pats traded the right guy in 2022.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Cry Me A River GIF by Offline Granny!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that is relevant to 3.b. I kind of agree with the majority of what big ken is saying, you just can't say they fucked around or made a mistake with Mac. He was literally their only choice.
Imo Mac was the 2nd best QB in the draft and still will stick with that. He was good with Josh, runner up to Offensive player of the year and alternative in the Pro Bowl ( I know that means squat). You bring in the 2 stooges Patricia and Judge who have no clue on offensive and then they pulled him a few times for a scrub name Zappe. BB gave Mac a butter knife to go into a gunfight with, worst weapons in the league.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep sucking Billy boys dick and drinking his kool-aid. A HC in 11 seasons with only 1 playoff win and only 2 appearances w/o 1 player is not a good HC in my book. In Jonestown, maybe it is

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice spin.
Browns were 3-13 before Bill took over and their record improved every year until they pulled the on Cleveland.
Half the team didn't want to play in '95 because of it and the fans were even worse.

Nice try at a spin though for those who don't remember.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill lived by the sword he should die by the sword. When players were getting a little aged or pricey like a Seymour TB, Gronk etc, he had no prob letting them go or looking to trade them.
Seymour was traded for a 1st round pick. That's Nate Solder. Solid Business deal.

Tom Brady left without opening the latest greatest offer from Bill. Bill has said many times, there is no other QB he would rather have.
Grow up.

Gronk (Imagine how great he would have been if he was not a brittle bitch) retired.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep sucking Billy boys dick and drinking his kool-aid. A HC in 11 seasons with only 1 playoff win and only 2 appearances w/o 1 player is not a good HC in my book. In Jonestown, maybe it is
Exact phallic response I knew you would have.

You bring nothing to the table but regurgitated blather.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exact phallic response I knew you would have.

You bring nothing to the table but regurgitated blather.
Ok you cuck, whatever you say. Your a BB simp and I can respect that. Once you can have critical thinking, hit me up

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that the Browns were also planning a huge move to Baltimore and winning would have made the move more of a shitstorm than it was. Bill walked into that mess with blinders. He made a few horrible mistakes and with everything else that was going on, the owner let him punch his ticket out of Cleveland and not smooth his way to Baltimore. Which also made him look clueless.

Odd isn't it? Ravens haven been contenders and champs since they became the Ravens. Browns have been in a continuous struggle since coming back as the Browns.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that the Browns were also planning a huge move to Baltimore and winning would have made the move more of a shitstorm than it was. Bill walked into that mess with blinders. He made a few horrible mistakes and with everything else that was going on, the owner let him punch his ticket out of Cleveland and not smooth his way to Baltimore. Which also made him look clueless.

Odd isn't it? Ravens haven been contenders and champs since they became the Ravens. Browns have been in a continuous struggle since coming back as the Browns.
they have won 2 SBs