• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Like It or Not..It's the Book on Romo

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit points. Until Romo passes the hump, the narrative will unfortunately remain the same. Not fair, especially given struggles on D. His supporting cast leaves a bit to be desired. As does the supporting casts for pretty much every team in the east... If we all ever get our acts together, we may see a NFC Beast arise once again. It's way past time...:suds:

I agree. In my opinion Romo is a very good QB who has his faults. If he somehow pulls off a SB I'd still see him a very good QB with faults.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre's Packers were so much better than Romo's it's not even fair to compare. As stated earlier SB'S get too much blame or praise depending on the teams outcome. Romo deserves some blame but not near the amount he gets. If Romo goes through the season with ZERO ints then threw one in the early part of a playoff game and we lose people will still be all over him.

I'd bet all those constantly bashing Romo would find every excuse possible not ti give Ro no his props if his team ever does win a SSB.Elway got some of the same treatment. When he finally won people claimed he only won because of Davis.

Favre's Packers teams had much better defense's than Romo's Cowboys, for sure. But Farve's Packer offense were only special because of Favre. Go back and look at the WR he played with in the 90's after Sterling Sharpe. None of those guys were world beaters.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, are you kidding me? Favre put up a huge majority of his numbers in a completely different league than what Romo has played in. Favre was throwing 35+ TD's in a season several times in the 90's. A much tougher league to throw in. Romo has thrown 35+ TD's once. And Favre's talent was not significantly better than what Romo has had to throw to in his career - if at all. Those Packers teams had much better defense for sure.

Favre's stretch from '95,'96,'97 completely shits on anything Tony Romo has ever done.

Exactly how were defenses better at handling the pass explosion as it was being born in that era, than they are now were D Coord's are as ready as they can be for it?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to a national radio show yesterday - either ESPN or Fox- the question was asked to who the 5 best QBs were in the NFC- not NFL. Each guy said their list and Romo wasnt mentioned. Of course, Cam, Kap , and Wilson were - hell even Cutler and Foles were in one of their list. Of course magazines come out and experts make their choices and he is a top 10 guy . The list thing is not what bothers me with the Romo thing. I know he plays for the Cowboys and they are both the most loved and hated team in the NFL so what he does gets magnified more than others. What bothers me more than anything is the people that wear the Dallas gear and claim to be a huge Dallas fan - and dont even watch the games- but sure can tell you that Romo sucks. The national perception of him , not necessarily regarding his play, is what bothers me the most.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly how were defenses better at handling the pass explosion as it was being born in that era, than they are now were D Coord's are as ready as they can be for it?

The refs actually allowed defensive backs to cover back then. Did you forget the rule changes in the early 2000's? Receivers practically run free today. Combine that with all the protections now in place for QB's and the new rules over recent years regarding defenseless receivers. It's not too hard to see how all these things make for throwing the ball easier.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. In my opinion Romo is a very good QB who has his faults. If he somehow pulls off a SB I'd still see him a very good QB with faults.

A SB would elevate Romo's legacy like no other QB. Since the main knock against him is that he chokes and makes the big mistake when the lights are the brightest, it would allow him to overcome that criticism forever. Unfortunately this team doesn't look like it is a SB contender so he may never get another chance.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A SB would elevate Romo's legacy like no other QB. Since the main knock against him is that he chokes and makes the big mistake when the lights are the brightest, it would allow him to overcome that criticism forever. Unfortunately this team doesn't look like it is a SB contender so he may never get another chance.

In many people's eyes you are correct. In my eyes he'd still be a very good QB with flaws.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately I don't think if he won a SB it would change any critics opinion on Romo. It would be forgotten or ignored as fast as Romo's heroics last year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he had that chance in 07. Although his numbers were great that season for the most part, he has been a much better QB since then. I still dont think we beat the Pats that yr. Who knows though, we went 13-3 that yr and had HFA. As good as the NFC is as a whole- that could happen again. Pipe dream- more than likely

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre's Packers teams had much better defense's than Romo's Cowboys, for sure. But Farve's Packer offense were only special because of Favre. Go back and look at the WR he played with in the 90's after Sterling Sharpe. None of those guys were world beaters.

You might want to research Favre's WR's and TE's he played with. I tell you right now they were better than what Romo had to play with over the years.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to research Favre's WR's and TE's he played with. I tell you right now they were better than what Romo had to play with over the years.

Chewey , Brooks , and Freeman werent Rice, Taylor, and Jones but they were pretty damn good

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Switch Romo with Russell Wilson last season. Anyone who thinks Seattle wouldn't have been even better with Romo is on crack

This has got to be the singularly most ignorant retarded comment I have ever heard on any chat site, ever.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has got to be the singularly most ignorant retarded comment I have ever heard on any chat site, ever.

Careful Dolemite, remember you are on a team board and thread, tread lightly.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I don't think if he won a SB it would change any critics opinion on Romo. It would be forgotten or ignored as fast as Romo's heroics last year.

Let's start the discussion with, how did he do in the Cowboys' win or go home games the last 3 years?

The Cowboys organization and fans deserve better.

Better players, better coaches and better management.
Believe me, I can tell when an organization is on the decline and needs to reboot.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cowboys, not a hater.

But their owner needs to wake up and bring in professional football people.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but saying Romo would be an improvement over Wilson has to be challenged in the strongest possible terms.

There is NO argument the Sea hawks are better than the Cowboys at the moment, but for you to act as though Romo could not be better than Wilson simply may now be the singularly most ignorant retarded comment I have ever heard on any chat site, ever. The NFL is a ream sport. The team supporting Wilson is much better than the team supporting Romo.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NO argument the Sea hawks are better than the Cowboys at the moment, but for you to act as though Romo could not be better than Wilson simply may now be the singularly most ignorant retarded comment I have ever heard on any chat site, ever. The NFL is a ream sport. The team supporting Wilson is much better than the team supporting Romo.

Seahawks/Cowboys aside, Wilson is far better than Romo.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have looked it up, here you go....

In Favre's three best seasons his top four receivers were as follows...

In 95:
1. Robert Brooks - 1497 yards, 13 TD's
2. Mark Chimura - 679 yards, 7 TD's
3. Edgar Bennett - 648 yards, 4 TD's
4. Mark Ingram - 469 yards, 3 TD's

In 96:
1. Antonio Freeman - 933 yards, 9 TD's
2. Don Beebe - 699 yards, 4 TD's
3. Kieth Jackson - 505 yards, 10 TD's
4. Mark Chimura - 370 yards, 0 TD's

In 97:
1. Antonia Freeman - 1243 yards, 12 TD's
2. Robert Brooks - 1010 yards, 7 TD's
3. Mark Chimura - 417 yards, 6 TD's
4. Dorsey Levens - 370 yards, 5 TD's

Tony Romo's three best season and his top four receivers...

In 07:
1. Terrell Owens - 1355 yards, 15 TD's
2. Jason Witten - 1145 yards, 7 TD's
3. Patrick Crayton - 697 yards, 7 TD's
4. Sam Hurd - 314 yards, 7 TD's

In 11:
1. Jason Witten - 942 yards, 5 TD's
2. Dez Bryant - 928 yards, 9 TD's
3. Laurent Robinson - 858 yards, 11 TD's
4. Miles Austin - 579 yards, 7 TD's

In 13:
1. Dez Bryant - 1233 yards, 13 TD's
2. Jason Witten - 851 yards, 8 TD's
3. Terrence Williams - 736, 5 TD's
4. Cole Beasley - 368 yards, 2 TD's

Like I said, similar talent....

And in no way is Mark Chimura a better TE than Jason WItten...