• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's put this Warriors 'chemistry problem' to bed

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk of how 4 stars can't coexist, expected fights over who is 'the man'...

Not a chance, y'all. The team was already noted for their chemistry, how tight they were, no egos, all likeable guys who would go through walls for each other (including Draymond, especially him, if he's on your team you love him), for example Iguodala accepting the 'bench' role without a peep.

Now add KD, also known for an ego in check (almost to a fault). He's going to fit right in from day 1, this is a perfect spot for him.

The Warriors are NOT a team that will have chemistry problems :nono:

So the haters need to come up with something else, this one is done.
Last year they went something like 25-0 before losing their first game and have already lost games in the first five - they have the talent - but they do not have the chemistry. I do think, however they will develop the chemistry

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they went something like 25-0 before losing their first game and have already lost games in the first five - they have the talent - but they do not have the chemistry. I do think, however they will develop the chemistry

This whole thread just shows that different people have different definitions of 'chemistry'.

To some (like me) it means the team getting along, how they feel about each other, and their roles. The teams with great chemistry are better than the sum of their parts. The teams that don't have it, that don't like each other, they can still win but they aren't as good as they can be.

To others it means the efficiency of the team, how the parts gel. It's not about feelings it's about getting everything to work.

My definition is the one that's not a problem for this team. There are no bad apples, no selfish players, no one who cares about anything but getting rings.

The other definition is the one that they are predictably having to figure out. As has been mentioned many times, it took the Heat a while to get that right when LeBron showed up, as they started that year 9-8. It even took a bit of work for the Cavs to get things right last year.

LeBron needed 2 years on each of his title winning teams. Maybe the Warriors win the title this year. Maybe they need to win it next year, everyone is plenty young. And heck maybe they don't win it all. It's why we watch, to see if it happens. It's a fascinating experiment building a team like they did.

As a basketball fan, there are 3-4 teams that have a shot at it, and it's fun to see who will get it done. The Warriors are unquestionably one of those.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thread just shows that different people have different definitions of 'chemistry'.

To some (like me) it means the team getting along, how they feel about each other, and their roles. The teams with great chemistry are better than the sum of their parts. The teams that don't have it, that don't like each other, they can still win but they aren't as good as they can be.

To others it means the efficiency of the team, how the parts gel. It's not about feelings it's about getting everything to work.

My definition is the one that's not a problem for this team. There are no bad apples, no selfish players, no one who cares about anything but getting rings.

The other definition is the one that they are predictably having to figure out. As has been mentioned many times, it took the Heat a while to get that right when LeBron showed up, as they started that year 9-8. It even took a bit of work for the Cavs to get things right last year.

LeBron needed 2 years on each of his title winning teams. Maybe the Warriors win the title this year. Maybe they need to win it next year, everyone is plenty young. And heck maybe they don't win it all. It's why we watch, to see if it happens. It's a fascinating experiment building a team like they did.

As a basketball fan, there are 3-4 teams that have a shot at it, and it's fun to see who will get it done. The Warriors are unquestionably one of those.
The players don't have to like each other and get along to play well although that will help substantially. For good chemistry on the court to happen, each player must have good instincts and knowledge of his role and then execute his role efficiently. Paul Gasol coming to the Lakers was really a good example of good chemistry. The Warriors simply haven't developed that, but I think they will

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to comment in this thread after every game they lose?

Last night was not a chemistry issue. They were bad on defense, which is a legitimate concern. Defensive rotations were clearly lacking and they got destroyed on the boards. Offensively, they did not execute well, but this was mostly just a terrible shooting night which will happen from time to
The Warriors are not a super team as some folks believe.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players don't have to like each other and get along to play well although that will help substantially. For good chemistry on the court to happen, each player must have good instincts and knowledge of his role and then execute his role efficiently. Paul Gasol coming to the Lakers was really a good example of good chemistry. The Warriors simply haven't developed that, but I think they will

Fair enough, as I said I think we're just splitting very small hairs over differing definitions of the word. I agree with your point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
david west getting 8 minutes a game....told you he would be a non-factor.......hes like what Chris Anderson is on the Cavs at this point in his career. If you are playing this guy more than 12 minutes a game there is a big problem or injuries.

more of @tlance 's genius:

LOL at anybody saying the Warriors won't find depth or big.

West and Pachulia is even better than Bogut/Ezeli, IMO. They offer rebounding and even more offensive skill. This is shaping up as the greatest offensive group of all time. I know these two have very different strengths than what GS had last year, but wow.

west blows dude. west/pachulia is not even fucking CLOSE to bogut/ezeli. its not in the same stratosphere. west is nothing more than a good bench vet that can give you 10 minutes here or there- and get extended a little during the regular season if guys get hurt. He is a non-factor in the grand scheme of things- like Birdman on the Cavs.

i mean- when you say stuff like West and Pachulia is going to be better than Bogut and Ezeli was- and you act like your all high and mighty while saying it- at least have the balls to say- ya know what- MY BAD...ask a warriors fan if they think west/pachulia is better than bogut/ezeli.....they will look at you like you just took a dozen hits of peyote and chased it with a bottle of vodka.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Looney might be a guy who ...he learned the system last year...kerr probably feels a certain comfort with him- and he gives them some much needed athleticism and size in the front court....hes only 20 and cant shoot worth shit. but if you can rebound and cut hard to the basket and finish- you should be able to do some things with those other guys on the floor garnering so much attention. david west just doesnt have teh athleticism to finish plays anymore. play the kid...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
david west getting 8 minutes a game....told you he would be a non-factor.......hes like what Chris Anderson is on the Cavs at this point in his career. If you are playing this guy more than 12 minutes a game there is a big problem or injuries.

more of @tlance 's genius:

West and Pachulia is even better than Bogut/Ezeli, IMO. They offer rebounding and even more offensive skill. This is shaping up as the greatest offensive group of all time. I know these two have very different strengths than what GS had last year, but wow.

west blows dude. west/pachulia is not even fucking CLOSE to bogut/ezeli. its not in the same stratosphere. west is nothing more than a good bench vet that can give you 10 minutes here or there- and get extended a little during the regular season if guys get hurt. He is a non-factor in the grand scheme of things- like Birdman on the Cavs.

i mean- when you say stuff like West and Pachulia is going to be better than Bogut and Ezeli was- and you act like your all high and mighty while saying it- at least have the balls to say- ya know what- MY BAD...ask a warriors fan if they think west/pachulia is better than bogut/ezeli.....they will look at you like you just took a dozen hits of peyote and chased it with a bottle of vodka.

What is your problem? You continually go out of your way to single out my posts. While I disagree with your homerific posts, I have always tried to do so respectfully.

As for my point on Zaza + West, you are taking it out of context. Obviously Bogut was important, but Ezeli was a straight liability against the team 1 thought most likely to beat them.

For that reason, and with that 1 matchup in mind I still think this could be true by season's end. Both appear to have regressed significantly from last season though, so I am not so sure anymore.

1 thing I am certain of though, you are an asshole. You want to disagree with me and debate, then fine. Stop with the name calling and the condescending remarks though. Everyone here knows you post more stupid crap than just about anybody, yet you want to go back and find a random post I wrote in July.

I could find a stupid post that you write from every day (well, except for last June when your your Cavs were losing at you went AWOL), but I don't. You are not worth my time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your problem? You continually go out of your way to single out my posts. While I disagree with your homerific posts, I have always tried to do so respectfully.

As for my point on Zaza + West, you are taking it out of context. Obviously Bogut was important, but Ezeli was a straight liability against the team 1 thought most likely to beat them.

For that reason, and with that 1 matchup in mind I still think this could be true by season's end. Both appear to have regressed significantly from last season though, so I am not so sure anymore.

1 thing I am certain of though, you are an asshole. You want to disagree with me and debate, then fine. Stop with the name calling and the condescending remarks though. Everyone here knows you post more stupid crap than just about anybody, yet you want to go back and find a random post I wrote in July.

I could find a stupid post that you write from every day (well, except for last June when your your Cavs were losing at you went AWOL), but I don't. You are not worth my time.
LOL...out of context.

West and Pachulia is even better than Bogut/Ezeli, IMO.

please....just at least READ your posts again before you post them. YAH.....out of context. HEre is an idea....dont post stupid things- go to the mat for them- and then months later when your posts are proven to be stupid- dont say- they were "taken out of context"- when they were posted word for word.

as for you saying that David West is still good.....care to change your mind on that?--- or was that "taken out of context" too? Sorry if you think i am an asshole for showing just how dumb some of these posts are you had. You can disagree with my posts....shit if i siad something a few months ago that is just plain wrong that you disagreed with at the time- we are on a message board debating sports for shits sake.......I am an asshole for quoting your idiotic posts from months ago. gotcha.

David West is still good....LOL...out of context....West and Pachulia are even better than Bogut and Ezeli- out of context. it just cracks me up.

I mean stuff like this is hilarious

tlance: "West is much better equipped to switch in pick and roll than any big the Warriors had on their roster last year. For that reason, their defense will be much better suited to guard the Cavs."

i mean at the time i remember thinking--- David West is 36 years old- and is way passed his prime- and cant move worth shit anymore....and somehjow this guy is trying to say he can still defend the pick and roll? it just cracks me up

can you just admit that you thinking David West would be a contributor was just plain stupid? He is the Cavs equivalent of Chris Anderson. nothing more.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance:

"Weakness?

2 all league type defenders in the starting 5 and a 3rd on the bench. Durant and Livingston are long and pretty good defensively. So is West.

Curry is average and Pachulia is maybe slightly below average.

If the Warriors switch pick and roll like they did against the Cavs, there might be matchups to exploit, but they are not "weak" anywhere defensively. They were #2 in defensive efficiency last year, and I bet they are top 5 again this year."

i mean cmon dude....lol....it is early...GSW is 27th in defense - and David West barely plays.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David West at 36 defends pick and roll better than Ezeli.

Aside from LeBron and Kyrie, nobody contributed more to the Cavs title than Ezeli. He is a quality rim protector, but was a liability against Cleveland.

They look like they might struggle more than I thought defensively, but you know what is even worse than anything I posted in July?

You assuming that the Warriors will be a bad defensive team all season based off a 6 game sample in November. They guarded just fine against OKC and I think they will be fine when given time. They have too many good individual defenders to be a bad defensive team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David West at 36 defends pick and roll better than Ezeli.

Aside from LeBron and Kyrie, nobody contributed more to the Cavs title than Ezeli. He is a quality rim protector, but was a liability against Cleveland.

They look like they might struggle more than I thought defensively, but you know what is even worse than anything I posted in July?

You assuming that the Warriors will be a bad defensive team all season based off a 6 game sample in November. They guarded just fine against OKC and I think they will be fine when given time. They have too many good individual defenders to be a bad defensive team.
David West doesnt even play for all practical purposes!!! hes basically Chris Anderson on the Cavs!!!

i have to at least give you some grudging admiration that yo uare so stubborn that you are doubling down on David West still being able to contribute to an NBA team....geezus...lol.....what a total fail.

i never "assumed" they would be a bad defensive team- but top 5 seems a little rough considering their big man rotation has 1 big man who is just not bad at defense in Draymond--- and Draymond is 6'7" (LISTED) and is not a rim protector.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, if you think 6 games in October/November prove anything, then who is the idiot?

I will reserve judgement until the games matter for both teams involved. With a couple exceptions, That won't really occur for GS until April and May.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David West doesnt even play for all practical purposes!!! hes basically Chris Anderson on the Cavs!!!

i have to at least give you some grudging admiration that yo uare so stubborn that you are doubling down on David West still being able to contribute to an NBA team....geezus...lol.....what a total fail.

i never "assumed" they would be a bad defensive team- but top 5 seems a little rough considering their big man rotation has 1 big man who is just not bad at defense in Draymond--- and Draymond is 6'7" (LISTED) and is not a rim protector.

Dude. Read my post.

David West's ability has nothing to do with it.

Ezeli was awful. The worst. Terrible. He is not on the team anymore. I would take ANY 6'8" or taller big body who can rebound over a plodding center like Ezeli against the Cavs. Chris Anderson would be better than Ezeli for that matchup. Varejao was better than Ezeli and he was terrible also.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. Read my post.

David West's ability has nothing to do with it.

Ezeli was awful. The worst. Terrible. He is not on the team anymore. I would take ANY 6'8" or taller big body who can rebound over a plodding center like Ezeli against the Cavs. Chris Anderson would be better than Ezeli for that matchup. Varejao was better than Ezeli and he was terrible also.
you are out of your mind. David West sucks and doesnt even play. Ezeli got a 16M dollar contract and actually PLAYS.

if DAvid West is playing minutes for you in the playoffs- something went BADLY wrong. like if Chris Anderson is playing for the Cavs....he is not a credible NBA player- and somehow you think he is still "good at defending the pick and roll". thats crazy talk dude. lol....we can already see that clearly.

"west is still a solid player even at 36"---- no- no tlance- he is not. thanks for playing. you actually said that if he was on the Warriors last year instead of ezeli they would have won the title. now THAT is delusional. :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any GSW fans out there think that Pachulia and West is better than Bogut and Ezeli? anyone? no? thats batshit crazy-? right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any GSW fans out there think that Pachulia and West is better than Bogut and Ezeli? anyone? no? thats batshit crazy-? right?

Again, out of context.

I did not explicitly state it in that post (I have in others) but since July, I was assuming the Warriors would roll through the West and that the Cavs were their toughest challenger.

Neither Bogut nor Ezeli match up very well with the Cavs.

Where I may have erred is in underestimating the ability for teams like SA and LAC to take advantage with their interior scoring.

But here you go again with the name calling.

You want to talk basketball, I am game. You are free to disagree. I welcome the debate but you are completely out of line with the way you go about it. If it continues, I will be putting you on ignore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezeli was horrific in the playoffs last year. Even several Warriors writers has said that. There is nothing Ezeli did good last year in the playoffs