• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's put this Warriors 'chemistry problem' to bed

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did strike me as strange to see Steph with his head buried in his jersey throughout the Cavs last possession, not even looking once the shot went in and he heard the cheers.

It didn't really come off as a "bad look" or something negative, to me... just as a little bit odd. I can't remember seeing something like that before.

You ever watch a football game that comes down to a last second field goal? You'll see lots of guys who can't look. lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving the win to Wiggy on this whole McCaw thing... at least for now.

Going back to when the conversation began... Wiggy wasn't saying McCaw couldn't become an important player, he just said it was very unlikely that he would be a major contributor as a rookie. A D-league assignment is a pretty good indication of that... especially when you're talking about a team that is a title contender.

Kay Felder for the Cavs is in the same boat. Not much hope of him having a meaningful contribution this season. Doesn't mean Felder won't be an important player for the Cavs at some point.. its just looking highly unlikely it will happen in his rookie year.

Here's where the whole thing seemed to start...

So, it looks like Kay Felder is on a mission to prove me wrong.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...my bad....me saying a 2nd rounder wouldnt contributeto a championship level team seems to be more confined to Mr. McCaw then it does to Mr.felder ...lol.....

but but but...mccaw jumped REALLY REALLY high in summer league!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is why Wiggy does not get the win.

He called me delusional for suggesting that McCaw could be part of the regular season rotation.

It does not matter if mcCaw plays another minute this season. McCaw was part of the rotation for the first 2 months while everyone was healthy.

Steve Kerr thought MCCaw could have been part of the rotation, because he was. The fact that he was given the chance so early in the season absolutely 100% proves that Wiggy was wrong to call me out.

Had he said that he didn't think McCaw would be part of the playoff rotation, or even that eventually he would fall out of the rotation, we would be having a very different discussion now. That is not what he said and that is not what the debate was about.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why Wiggy does not get the win.

He called me delusional for suggesting that McCaw could be part of the regular season rotation.

It does not matter if mcCaw plays another minute this season. McCaw was part of the rotation for the first 2 months while everyone was healthy.

Steve Kerr thought MCCaw could have been part of the rotation, because he was. The fact that he was given the chance so early in the season absolutely 100% proves that Wiggy was wrong to call me out.

Had he said that he didn't think McCaw would be part of the playoff rotation, or even that eventually he would fall out of the rotation, we would be having a very different discussion now. That is not what he said and that is not what the debate was about.
2.8-1-1 and gets sent to the dleague.

11 guys play at least 1 minute vs. the Cavaliers--- one of them is NOT McCaw.

thanks for playing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.8-1-1 and gets sent to the dleague.

11 guys play at least 1 minute vs. the Cavaliers--- one of them is NOT McCaw.

thanks for playing.

Hey don't be talkin' shit about former Runnin' Rebel Patrick McCaw! And are you sure he wasn't injured @ the time? He's appeared in 26 of GS's 35 games this year. Looking @ his game log he missed 5 straight games from 12/23 through 1/2.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey don't be talkin' shit about former Runnin' Rebel Patrick McCaw! And are you sure he wasn't injured @ the time? He's appeared in 26 of GS's 35 games this year. Looking @ his game log he missed 5 straight games from 12/23 through 1/2.
@Wamu wtf happened to the buckeyes?

to be honest - i dont eventhinkthe defense was that bad---- the offense was the worst i have ever seen i think though....it was just pathetic...holy crap was it bad.....i dont get it....

i didnt think the buckeyes were great this year- last year they were great but choked vs.MSU- they were really young this year- bu t i didnt expect them to choke so badly.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu wtf happened to the buckeyes?

to be honest - i dont eventhinkthe defense was that bad---- the offense was the worst i have ever seen i think though....it was just pathetic...holy crap was it bad.....i dont get it....

i didnt think the buckeyes were great this year- last year they were great but choked vs.MSU- they were really young this year- bu t i didnt expect them to choke so badly.

What happened to the Buckeyes? They got their ass kicked. I didn't think Ohio State was gonna beat Clemson but I wasn't expecting that whooping. On the + side though @ least co-OC Tim Beck left the Buckeyes for the Longhorns. He's their problem now!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to the Buckeyes? They got their ass kicked. I didn't think Ohio State was gonna beat Clemson but I wasn't expecting that whooping. On the + side though @ least co-OC Tim Beck left the Buckeyes for the Longhorns. He's their problem now!
thank goodness - the OC has been AWFUL since Herman left.

Urb needs to bring in some new blood there...and let these kids develop.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank goodness - the OC has been AWFUL since Herman left.

Urb needs to bring in some new blood there...and let these kids develop.

No doubt about that. Hopefully the new OC (from OK) will be an immediate improvement. Just can't remember his name off hand.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got sent to the dleague because he was inept on the court and the Great Ian Clark was taking his minutes. hes like their 12th man at best right now and is a total non-factor....mccaw has been the equavlent of a junior high 8th grader playing for the Buckeyes.

all though my premise about 2nd rounders contributing on championship caliber teams IS getting tested--- by Felder though- not so much McCaw....lol.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he's healthy, they've been DNP-CD. It's been because Ian Clark has been playing really, really well in that secondary guard role off the bench. The Warriors because of Iguodala use only 2 guards off the bench in their rotation unless there's some sort of foul trouble.

Earlier in the season Clark was playing really inconsistently and McCaw actually took his spot in the rotation. He was actually the first guard off the bench for a period of time, including above Livingston, who typically comes in to start the second quarter.

McCaw has shown flashes, but he's still a ways away from being a consistent contributor. He got sent to the D-League recently just to get some playing time. He was re-called the next day.

I've watched pretty much every game this year and can tell you he's got a really good feel for the game. The biggest thing for him is he tends to drift a bit during games on offense, but that happens when you're surrounded by elite level talent. He's still finding his way, but the upside is there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got sent to the dleague because he was inept on the court and the Great Ian Clark was taking his minutes.

all though my premise about 2nd rounders contributing on championship caliber teams IS getting tested--- by Felder though- not so much McCaw....lol.

So he got sent to the D-League, big deal. Former Cav Danny Green got sent to the D-League, worked on his game & won a ring w/ the Spurs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got sent to the dleague because he was inept on the court and the Great Ian Clark was taking his minutes. hes like their 12th man at best right now...

Dude you haven't seen him play a single second of the NBA season, even when he was the first guard off the bench for a period of time. He's good.

If you want to say you were right about him not making a regular contribution, that's great. But to say he got demoted because he's bad is incredibly uninformed of you. I expected a bit better than that from you TBH.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he's healthy, they've been DNP-CD. It's been because Ian Clark has been playing really, really well in that secondary guard role off the bench. The Warriors because of Iguodala use only 2 guards off the bench in their rotation unless there's some sort of foul trouble.

Earlier in the season Clark was playing really inconsistently and McCaw actually took his spot in the rotation. He was actually the first guard off the bench for a period of time, including above Livingston, who typically comes in to start the second quarter.

McCaw has shown flashes, but he's still a ways away from being a consistent contributor. He got sent to the D-League recently just to get some playing time. He was re-called the next day.

I've watched pretty much every game this year and can tell you he's got a really good feel for the game. The biggest thing for him is he tends to drift a bit during games on offense, but that happens when you're surrounded by elite level talent. He's still finding his way, but the upside is there.

Thanks for the update. I root for all former Runnin' Rebel players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you haven't seen him play a single second of the NBA season, even when he was the first guard off the bench for a period of time. He's good.

If you want to say you were right about him not making a regular contribution, that's great. But to say he got demoted because he's bad is incredibly uninformed of you. I expected a bit better than that from you TBH.
actually i did see him play about 15 seconds vs. the Cavs (as thats all Kerr trusted him to play vs. a real team--- 0 seconds the next game vs. Toronto)--- and on other occasions actually as well since the Warriors are on national tv just about as much as the Cavs are....

but again- thanks for playing.

he was averaging 2.8 points, 1 board 1 assist....are you taking crazy pills?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy's 2017 hit-list (in no order)...

-Pat Riley
-Hassan Whiteside
-Patrick McCaw

and...