• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's put this Warriors 'chemistry problem' to bed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Cj McCollum says hi

Also last year for Miami, Josh Richardson got sent to the D-League 2 or 3 times and played a pretty big role on that team from February on. Going to the D-League in December as a 2nd round pick is not the end of the world

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Cj McCollum says hi

But CJ didn't have any real impact his rookie year. And he wasn't even on a contending team.

I'm not saying this means McCaw can't become a great player... I just think its really rare - if not completely unheard of - for someone to go from being assigned to the d-league mid-season to making a significant impact on a title contending team all in the same season.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also last year for Miami, Josh Richardson got sent to the D-League 2 or 3 times and played a pretty big role on that team from February on. Going to the D-League in December as a 2nd round pick is not the end of the world

That's a better example... but I think its still a completely different story when you're talking about a serious title contender.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But CJ didn't have any real impact his rookie year. And he wasn't even on a contending team.

I'm not saying this means McCaw can't become a great player... I just think its really rare - if not completely unheard of - for someone to go from being assigned to the d-league mid-season to making a significant impact on a title contending team all in the same season.

It will happen eventually. He has the upside

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have time to go through the thread but I'm not sure if that was anyones point. I think the point was he would be a rotation player come playoffs time. The door is not shut on him getting minutes in the playoffs. All he's really competing with is Ian Clark

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have time to go through the thread but I'm not sure if that was anyones point. I think the point was he would be a rotation player come playoffs time. The door is not shut on him getting minutes in the playoffs. All he's really competing with is Ian Clark

Yeah, that's true. If the Warriors don't make any moves... there is an abnormal amount of room in the depth chart for a title contender.

It will be interesting to see how Kerr handles minutes come playoff time. If I were him I would use a very small rotation every game until they built a huge enough lead to mass sub in the bench.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Clark has actually been decent this year. You act like he sucks
i never said he sucks- obviously he is not a good nba player- but hes not the scum of the earth either....and thats the thing

25 years old, just about to enter his prime- had been in the Warriors system for a couple years- vs. a 21 year old kid that just got drafted BUT HE COULD JUMP REALLY REALLY HIGH AND LOOKED GREAT PLAYING D IN SUMMER LEAGUE.

those 2 obviously were going to be vying for guard minutes- Kerr tried to give the kid a chance because of his athleticism and upside but the truth was staring him right in the face- the kid is a rookie 2nd rounder that has no business playing real minutes on a championship caliber team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's true. If the Warriors don't make any moves... there is an abnormal amount of room in the depth chart for a title contender.

It will be interesting to see how Kerr handles minutes come playoff time. If I were him I would use a very small rotation every game until they built a huge enough lead to mass sub in the bench.
I agree- though the Cavs have some room in their rotation too---- but the Warriors....shit

allright...

the Warriors have 4 of the top 20 players in the NBA right now- which- i dont even know if that has ever been done before in history...its freaking ridiculous...it unheard of...it just might be enough to win a title or multiple titles

however...

how many players on the Warriors do you trust to play minutes in a playoff series? If you say over 7 you are lying and if you say 7 you have more confidence in ZaZa Pachulia then i do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It won't matter if they can't learn to rebound.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah thats what i was saying- i dont know where they think i said Mccaw is going to suck for his career just because he has no business playing real minutes on a championship caliber team his rookie year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just crazy how hard and long it took the Cavs to get all 3 of their big 3 on the same page and producing like the players themselves want to produce- and how we as fans want them to produce.

No matter what Kevin Love was telling you publicly- he was not exactly thrilled being a 3rd option and averaging 16 points and 9 boards a game. It took almost 2 years of playing with eachother and a deep playoff run for the Cavs Big 3 to finally find a system where all 3 can be big contributors on pretty much a nightly basis.

Its been really important to have guys that know their roles, and that are happy in their roles- Thompson doesnt care at all about scoring, Jr Smith is happy taking his 10 shots a night- probably 6 of them for 3's....Shumpert is getting paid so he isnt out to impress anyone- he just goes in their and tries as hard as he can defensively and is responsible for hitting corner 3's (which he is doing a great job of this year).

I saw how hard it was to get the Cavs Big 3 their fill --- and thats only 3 guys- and thats with role players who have pretty much totally buried their egos.

Personally- I couldnt have imagined a better result from the Cavs/Warriors game- and especially with some of the fallout. Curry is not complaining- im not saying that- but its clear he was not thrilled with 15 points and 11 shots the other night. I dont think Draymond is exactly thrilled with getting less than 9 shots a game. Thompson and Durant really havent had to sacrfice a whole lot...Durant is taking 2 less shots a game then last year and Klay is almost identical to last years totals....

the real test is how they react to a little bit of adversity.......the Cavs winning like that- forcing Curry off the court defensively after he had a pretty poor game himself- and how they came back from 14 down plays into it a little bit too.

im not saying i think the game shows us anything as to how these 2 teams will play eachother in June potentially- because that doesnt matter- rotations are not even close to set- shit i think the Cavs still need to add a back court rotation player- and i think they will- and JR will be back...and i think the Warriors will add a rotation guy during the buyout/trade deadline as well.

im saying that game and how it went will show us if there are any cracks in the facade- becuase you could tell- Curry was not happy at all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Curry wasn't happy because he played like shit and also was removed from the game on the last possession.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i totally agree with you guys too- not only cant you judge a rookie by 2 months- its hard to judge them in their first 2 years often-times depending on their role/playing time, how young they were drafted etc.

its why i knew you guys were delusional fawning all over him after watching fucking summer league and preseason, lol.

this isnt a surprise to you- or anyone else. it shouldnt be at least. rookie was sucking ass- losing his minutes to the Great Ian Clark- and got sent to the dleague- happens ALL THE TIME.

ya know what doesnt happen all the time? a rookie 2nd rounder contributing on a championship team...someone said that a while back...do you guys know who it was? icant quite put my finger on it

<-------------------------------------------------------------- WIGGGY!!!!!!!!! ....i just love the mutombo fingerwaggle- :nono::pound:

You know what the irony is though?

Your actual comment was that I was delusional for suggesting that McCaw could be part of the regular season rotation. I made no other claims beyond that.

The D league thing is nothing. McCaw is expected to rejoin the Warriors soon (perhaps as early as tonight).

So, while you are claiming your victory lap now and acting like a duesch, the reality is that you were still wrong. McCaw was given a chance to part of the rotation from day 1. He has fallen out for the time being, but that is all this is. Whether or not gen makes it back in, that does not make your comment correct. He WAS IN THE ROTATION!

For the record, I never saw anybody proclaim anything about McCaw having a role in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BK,

It wasn't even that.

The entire thing was that I said McCaw had a chance to be in the regular season rotation. If everyone is healthy, I do not think he will play much if at all in the playoffs. Rotations tighten up there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just crazy how hard and long it took the Cavs to get all 3 of their big 3 on the same page and producing like the players themselves want to produce- and how we as fans want them to produce.

No matter what Kevin Love was telling you publicly- he was not exactly thrilled being a 3rd option and averaging 16 points and 9 boards a game. It took almost 2 years of playing with eachother and a deep playoff run for the Cavs Big 3 to finally find a system where all 3 can be big contributors on pretty much a nightly basis.

Its been really important to have guys that know their roles, and that are happy in their roles- Thompson doesnt care at all about scoring, Jr Smith is happy taking his 10 shots a night- probably 6 of them for 3's....Shumpert is getting paid so he isnt out to impress anyone- he just goes in their and tries as hard as he can defensively and is responsible for hitting corner 3's (which he is doing a great job of this year).

I saw how hard it was to get the Cavs Big 3 their fill --- and thats only 3 guys- and thats with role players who have pretty much totally buried their egos.

Personally- I couldnt have imagined a better result from the Cavs/Warriors game- and especially with some of the fallout. Curry is not complaining- im not saying that- but its clear he was not thrilled with 15 points and 11 shots the other night. I dont think Draymond is exactly thrilled with getting less than 9 shots a game. Thompson and Durant really havent had to sacrfice a whole lot...Durant is taking 2 less shots a game then last year and Klay is almost identical to last years totals....

the real test is how they react to a little bit of adversity.......the Cavs winning like that- forcing Curry off the court defensively after he had a pretty poor game himself- and how they came back from 14 down plays into it a little bit too.

im not saying i think the game shows us anything as to how these 2 teams will play eachother in June potentially- because that doesnt matter- rotations are not even close to set- shit i think the Cavs still need to add a back court rotation player- and i think they will- and JR will be back...and i think the Warriors will add a rotation guy during the buyout/trade deadline as well.

im saying that game and how it went will show us if there are any cracks in the facade- becuase you could tell- Curry was not happy at all.

That is funny.

Who was saying Klay's role would change least of anybody?

Now if I were Wiggy, I would be pulling up old posts and rubbing people's noses in everything they said about Klay being the 3rd wheel.

But, I won't stoop to your level Wiggy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is funny.

Who was saying Klay's role would change least of anybody?

Now if I were Wiggy, I would be pulling up old posts and rubbing people's noses in everything they said about Klay being the 3rd wheel.

But, I won't stoop to your level Wiggy.
what the hell do i care if thompson isthe 3rd wheel or not

and Gordon a couple pages earlier quoted my exact original post on the subject and you are definitely framing it wrong as well- so at least try and give yourself a chance man. cmon.

anyway- as for the sharing of the ball stuff--- its just gonna be interesting- everything was humming along fine- and then all of a sudden Durant gets a lot of praise for how great he looked- he hasnt sacrificed many shots at all- they lose-- Curry has a pretty bad game and has a little insult to injury by being pulled the last minute of teh game......(i mean- imagine how much Nike loves how this is working out and how much Under Armour probably hates it)...

on most nights- the Warriors arent going to face adversity- they are a great team- and maybe that is a little to their detriment when they play the Cavs who are a pretty mentally tough team from all the scrutiny and all the attention that comes with Lebron, how they struggled at times last year, fired their coach etc....

I dunno- its just going to be interesting to see how Golden State adjusts after that game- its just hard for them to test it out when they are so good and beating the crap out of mostly highly inferior teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell do i care if thompson isthe 3rd wheel or not

and Gordon a couple pages earlier quoted my exact original post on the subject and you are definitely framing it wrong as well- so at least try and give yourself a chance man. cmon.

anyway- as for the sharing of the ball stuff--- its just gonna be interesting- everything was humming along fine- and then all of a sudden Durant gets a lot of praise for how great he looked- he hasnt sacrificed many shots at all- they lose-- Curry has a pretty bad game and has a little insult to injury by being pulled the last minute of teh game......(i mean- imagine how much Nike loves how this is working out and how much Under Armour probably hates it)...

on most nights- the Warriors arent going to face adversity- they are a great team- and maybe that is a little to their detriment when they play the Cavs who are a pretty mentally tough team from all the scrutiny and all the attention that comes with Lebron, how they struggled at times last year, fired their coach etc....

I dunno- its just going to be interesting to see how Golden State adjusts after that game- its just hard for them to test it out when they are so good and beating the crap out of mostly highly inferior teams.

I think the Curry thing is exaggerated.

Kerr made a defensive substitution. Curry was right back on the court as soon as Cleveland scored. Steph is a smart guy. He knows Livingston's length makes him the superior defender. When there is 10 seconds on the clock and the other team has the ball, I guarantee he was okay with that move.

During my playing days I was frequently on the offensive side of the offensive/defensive sub. I never had a problem with it and I would bet Steph doesn't either.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did strike me as strange to see Steph with his head buried in his jersey throughout the Cavs last possession, not even looking once the shot went in and he heard the cheers.

It didn't really come off as a "bad look" or something negative, to me... just as a little bit odd. I can't remember seeing something like that before.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did strike me as strange to see Steph with his head buried in his jersey throughout the Cavs last possession, not even looking once the shot went in and he heard the cheers.

It didn't really come off as a "bad look" or something negative, to me... just as a little bit odd. I can't remember seeing something like that before.
its so funny with that team becuase its like they are immune to adversity most of the time becuase of how good they are except for on the rare occasion- and that doesnt really prepare you that great for the playoffs- shit we havealread y seen other teams basically forfeit games to them by sitting guys..

and - i do have to give it to Nike- its genius for Durant to go to GSW- raise his stock while also cutting into Curry's Under Armour stock.