• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's give our kudos to KAT

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah at the title. Overrated like nobody's business. He doesn't contribute towards winning. Typically players who don't really play defense are less likely to have injury problems unless you're made of glass. Butler tried to drive this point home but it seems it didn't click with everyone yet.

The honeymoon phase will end soon. Luckily he's still extremely young and can still improve.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, it could be that me and Steve Kerr are NOT the same person and we have different views. LOL.

Do you honestly believe you have to follow everything a coach for your favorite team says. Are you that naive that someone can not be their own individual person who comes up with their own ideas.

I don't care what Steve Kerr said on the issue because, and again, I can't stress this enough, I'm not Steve fucking Kerr.

Well if Nate McMillan or Mike Malone said it you'd know I have close tabs on it, for obvious reasons. Steve Kerr ain't even my team's coach and even then I still have tabs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Nate McMillan or Mike Malone said it you'd know I have close tabs on it, for obvious reasons. Steve Kerr ain't even my team's coach and even then I still have tabs.

My comments had nothing to do with outside sources commenting on situations. Each was from the player's mouth direct to their actions.

You keep trying to reach and assume things but all I've done is show you empirical evidence that statements like this have existed for a long time.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi Star players are spoiled and babied in today's NBA. Your coach knows it, and I suggest you at least take his opinion into consideration for he led your team to three titles.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, it could be that me and Steve Kerr are NOT the same person and we have different views. LOL.

Do you honestly believe you have to follow everything a coach for your favorite team says. Are you that naive that someone can not be their own individual person who comes up with their own ideas.

I don't care what Steve Kerr said on the issue because, and again, I can't stress this enough, I'm not Steve fucking Kerr.

You’ve offered up zero proof that you’re not....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi Star players are spoiled and babied in today's NBA. Your coach knows it, and I suggest you at least take his opinion into consideration for he led your team to three titles.

So what does Kerr's opinion have to do with your opinion on giving KAT kudos for SAYING he wants to stay in Minnesota.

I'm all for taking Kerr's opinion into account, but if you look at the genesis of the discussion it has nothing to do with what your opinions are of their actions. It was you saying you should give props to KAT. My response was that a props wasn't warranted, because ALL Players say the same things. Whether or not they SHOULD stay is a different argument completely.

Go back and just take a look at what I've been saying. I'm not arguing for or against players demanding trades. Far from it. I'm saying it's standard operating procedure for a player who gets a max rookie extension to proclaim his love for the city and say he wants to retire there. Then I posted facts.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s not babying the player.

It’s making sure you don’t lose them for nothing. That can be a catastrophic result for the team.

The only exception is when you’re a team like Toronto. Those are rare

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not babying the player.

It’s making sure you don’t lose them for nothing. That can be a catastrophic result for the team.

The only exception is when you’re a team like Toronto. Those are rare

Yeah, but it's not the issue at all we're talking about. Look at the original post and look at my responses. They are in direct response to players just SAYING they love a city and want to retire there. It's standard operating procedure, but the OP took it to a level saying that we should give a player props for just saying something.

Now all of a sudden he twisted it to some form of "should players be able to demand trades".

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just tough shit if Kerr doesn't like it. No one bitched about it when Shaq forced a trade from the Lakers decades ago. It's been going on for ages - if the chemistry is bad between a player and a team - some one needs to step up and say something. Who in the hell in the real world is forced to work for a company if something better is presented.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ve offered up zero proof that you’re not....
Um, He doesn't have too - If he chooses to let you ignorantly believe that Steve Kerr has the time to talk stupid on a message board with a bunch of losers- then:lol:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just tough shit if Kerr doesn't like it. No one bitched about it when Shaq forced a trade from the Lakers decades ago. It's been going on for ages - if the chemistry is bad between a player and a team - some one needs to step up and say something. Who in the hell in the real world is forced to work for a company if something better is presented.

Stephen Jackson once went over Chris Mullin's head (current GM at the time for the Warriors) and went straight to the VP Bobby Rowell and got a big extension from him after Mullin wouldn't give it to him.

Mullin was subsequently dismissed later (or he resigned I can't remember), and almost immediately after Jackson demanded to be traded.

Shit's been going on for years with every organization.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does Kerr's opinion have to do with your opinion on giving KAT kudos for SAYING he wants to stay in Minnesota.

I'm all for taking Kerr's opinion into account, but if you look at the genesis of the discussion it has nothing to do with what your opinions are of their actions. It was you saying you should give props to KAT. My response was that a props wasn't warranted, because ALL Players say the same things. Whether or not they SHOULD stay is a different argument completely.

Go back and just take a look at what I've been saying. I'm not arguing for or against players demanding trades. Far from it. I'm saying it's standard operating procedure for a player who gets a max rookie extension to proclaim his love for the city and say he wants to retire there. Then I posted facts.
No big deal that he want's to still stay in Minnesota - He still believes in what they are doing.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal that he want's to still stay in Minnesota - He still believes in what they are doing.

Again, who the fuck knows if he wants to stay in Minnesota. The genesis of the argument is that it's standard for a player to say he wants to stay on a RFA extension contract. The OP was trying to determine sincerity, when it's completely impossible to do so.

Alternatively, players may mean it at the time, but circumstances change. So if in another year, KAT wants to leave, was he not sincere at the time of his comments?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Jackson once went over Chris Mullin's head (current GM at the time for the Warriors) and went straight to the VP Bobby Rowell and got a big extension from him after Mullin wouldn't give it to him.

Mullin was subsequently dismissed later (or he resigned I can't remember), and almost immediately after Jackson demanded to be traded.

Shit's been going on for years with every organization.

That's what I am saying and I don't see any one in here or on another team like the Warriors that is qualified to criticize the player. No one knows how bad the situation is if they are there to witness it. I have witnessed and went through my own shit in real life and most of the time - I don't give a fuck if some one else doesn't approve what I am doing and as far as I am concerned - they can fuck off. Leonard did the right thing leaving the Spurs. Look what happened to Kevin Durant. You think the organization would have still played KD if they had believed or known that KD was resigning - Hell no - they played his ass and took the chance of a re-injury because they didn't give a shit about a player leave. These players are adults and they have to do what's right for themselves

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, who the fuck knows if he wants to stay in Minnesota. The genesis of the argument is that it's standard for a player to say he wants to stay on a RFA extension contract. The OP was trying to determine sincerity, when it's completely impossible to do so.

Alternatively, players may mean it at the time, but circumstances change. So if in another year, KAT wants to leave, was he not sincere at the time of his comments?
That's called life -I was working for two companies earlier this year. A few months ago, I was so busy with the better company, and was getting so much feedback, I simply told the shitty company to have a nice day because I was gone. They said it wasn't fair, and I said - Oh well and left any way. Most people are not going to stay in an unhealthy environment or one that is toxic - and we don't know what is going on

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I am saying and I don't see any one in here or on another team like the Warriors that is qualified to criticize the player. No one knows how bad the situation is if they are there to witness it. I have witnessed and went through my own shit in real life and most of the time - I don't give a fuck if some one else doesn't approve what I am doing and as far as I am concerned - they can fuck off. Leonard did the right thing leaving the Spurs. Look what happened to Kevin Durant. You think the organization would have still played KD if they had believed or known that KD was resigning - Hell no - they played his ass and took the chance of a re-injury because they didn't give a shit about a player leave. These players are adults and they have to do what's right for themselves

Agreed with everything but the bolded. The bolded is just stupid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's called life -I was working for two companies earlier this year. A few months ago, I was so busy with the better company, and was getting so much feedback, I simply told the shitty company to have a nice day because I was gone. They said it wasn't fair, and I said - Oh well and left any way. Most people are not going to stay in an unhealthy environment or one that is toxic - and we don't know what is going on

Except that will follow you if you need references for a new job in the future. You should've given them two weeks or something...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that will follow you if you need references for a new job in the future. You should've given them two weeks or something...
I am an independent contractor and have the right to accept or reject work any time I want. I am also in a field where there is a high demand for good premium auditors. I was nice about and they accepted it quite nicely. I told the vice-pres who was the one that said it wasn't fair, that if it was leaving them in a lurch, to call me. They didn't and we have spoken since then several times. I already know I could go back any time I want because I have left them before and went back and so has several other auditors. They have a hard time keeping their auditors because they are hard to get along with and they don't like to pay as good as other companies. With them I was getting $50 per hour, but they complain about time charges and don't want to the auditors for all of the time they spent. So an audit that I will get $120 for two hours will fetch me a minimum of $150 with the other company without even 10% of their bitching. With the type of work I do, several companies has called me. I haven't had to call a company and ask for work since 1991, lol. If a person has a company that's giving them a bad review. Take them off the review and tell them you was unemployed for personal reasons. By the way I finished up all of the work in my inventory, I just told them not to send me any new work