• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's give our kudos to KAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Ya'll are delusional if you don't think this is standard for any young player signing his first extension. Keep hitting me with those rainbows and bullshit because you guys have a shit memory.

So, because all the other players turned out to be full of shit KAT is as well? Lame!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because all the other players turned out to be full of shit KAT is as well? Lame!

He might be, he might not be.

The point is that OP is making way to much of this move. Townes was always going to sign this extension no matter what.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So they got internal banners and rings then?

Screen_Shot_2016_11_21_at_2.43.26_PM.0.png

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be, he might not be.

The point is that OP is making way to much of this move. Townes was always going to sign this extension no matter what.

Honestly as a Wolves fan since day one we need all the feel good stories we can get as it's been a difficult ride!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL that's what you took away from that. I'm simply stating that him saying good things about an organization that just gave him 190M isn't exactly ground breaking news. Starting a thread for the sake of praising KAT for doing this is kind of ridiculous don't you think. It has nothing to do with KAT, he could play for his entire career in Minnesota. Doesn't change the fact that basically what he is said is the same template for every young star who signs their first contract.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL that's what you took away from that. I'm simply stating that him saying good things about an organization that just gave him 190M isn't exactly ground breaking news. Starting a thread for the sake of praising KAT for doing this is kind of ridiculous don't you think. It has nothing to do with KAT, he could play for his entire career in Minnesota. Doesn't change the fact that basically what he is said is the same template for every young star who signs their first contract.

I prefer it when they use the same cliches that showed up in "Bull Durham" in the 80s.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, this is tHoop there are countless stupid threads started daily!

You are a spoiled little girl!

When you are the Timberwolves anything that can be taken in a positive light needs to be celebrated as they are and have been the joke of the Association for three decades!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, this is tHoop there are countless stupid threads started daily!

You are a spoiled little girl!

When you are the Timberwolves anything that can be taken in a positive light needs to be celebrated as they are and have been the joke of the Association for three decades!

In that case, I have some good news for you:

Derrick Rose did NOT tear his Achilles on the way to practice today.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case, I have some good news for you:

Derrick Rose did NOT tear his Achilles on the way to practice today.

See, you made my month!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Lebron James signing his extension in 2006

"I am very excited and happy to be re-signing with the Cavaliers. Staying in Cleveland ... provides me with the unique opportunity to continue to play in front of my family, friends and fans," James said in a statement released by his publicist. "I look forward to working toward bringing a championship to our great fans and the city of Cleveland."

Cavs lock up future

@HurricaneDij39
Paul George signing his extension in 2013

"My heart was really here and I couldn't see myself anywhere else,"
"There's no better place to play than here," George said. "It's all about basketball here. It was a no-brainer."

Paul George signs Indiana Pacers contract extension

LOL. Ya'll are delusional if you don't think this is standard for any young player signing his first extension. Keep hitting me with those rainbows and bullshit because you guys have a shit memory.

Props on dragging up an old article from 2006, the year I graduated HS. :heh:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys are basically stuck in their first team for the first 6-8 years. It's lame and abhorrent.

The history of basketball being decided by ping pong balls is ridiculous.

I don't blame these guys for getting frustrated for being stuck with clown car franchises without even remotely any say.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props on dragging up an old article from 2006, the year I graduated HS. :heh:

LOL, reference points to show how far back these "I'm gonna play here till the day I die" comments have been around for. Literally every player who has signed that big rookie extension has said the same thing. Players change, teammates change, circumstances change, etc. The NBA game evolves so quickly and changes direction so quickly that the entire landscape of the league can change in 3-4 years.

In 2012 the Warriors finished 23-43. Then in 2015 they won their first of 3 championships on the way to 5 straight finals.

In 2016 the Cavs came back from down 3-1 to win a historic championship in their 2nd of 4 straight Finals appearances. In 2019 the Cavs won 19 games.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, reference points to show how far back these "I'm gonna play here till the day I die" comments have been around for. Literally every player who has signed that big rookie extension has said the same thing. Players change, teammates change, circumstances change, etc. The NBA game evolves so quickly and changes direction so quickly that the entire landscape of the league can change in 3-4 years.

In 2012 the Warriors finished 23-43. Then in 2015 they won their first of 3 championships on the way to 5 straight finals.

In 2016 the Cavs came back from down 3-1 to win a historic championship in their 2nd of 4 straight Finals appearances. In 2019 the Cavs won 19 games.

Any thoughts about what your team's coach had to say about trade demands?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts about what your team's coach had to say about trade demands?
Yeah I did. How does that affect anything I’ve written. I’m not Steve Kerr, obv.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's a "no" since it don't fit your narrative.
Or, it could be that me and Steve Kerr are NOT the same person and we have different views. LOL.

Do you honestly believe you have to follow everything a coach for your favorite team says. Are you that naive that someone can not be their own individual person who comes up with their own ideas.

I don't care what Steve Kerr said on the issue because, and again, I can't stress this enough, I'm not Steve fucking Kerr.