• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Umm, So what is so great about the T'Wolves right now???

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont' know.

Shaq might actually get more foul calls in today's era.

Which is why he wouldn't be as dominant. I mean, you've seen him shoot free throws, right?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try to find out. I am sure there is an easy way.
Go to the betting exchange and start it up.....type his name in the area for a certain member to be challenged.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of words just to show you're wrong.

Or MAYBE...

You should have actually read the post and learn the true meaning of "accountability", a concept he had emphasized in regards to making bad draft picks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or MAYBE...

You should have actually read the post and learn the true meaning of "accountability", a concept he had emphasized in regards to making bad draft picks.

Or maybe...you should take Wiggy's dick out of your mouth and shut the fuck up since you, as usual, have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe...you should take Wiggy's dick out of your mouth and shut the fuck up since you, as usual, have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

There's no two ways about it - Bowie was an an awful draft choice, even if you take away the fact that he was taken ahead of Jordan. Even when he was healthy, he showed flashes of being a solid starter, but not an all-star and certainly not worthy of the #2 overall pick.

The two picks after Jordan were Sam Perkins and Charles Barkley, either of which would have been a better pick than Bowie at that spot. And once he started getting injured, they gave up on him as soon as they realized they had a better option in Kevin Duckworth.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no two ways about it - Bowie was an an awful draft choice, even if you take away the fact that he was taken ahead of Jordan. Even when he was healthy, he showed flashes of being a solid starter, but not an all-star and certainly not worthy of the #2 overall pick.

Wiggy's dick must taste like bacon, since you can't keep it out of your mouth.

Bowie was taken where he was projected and the Blazers already had a future Hall of Fame shooting guard. They needed a center and Olajuwon had already been taken.

If he had been projected to be a lower pick and they took him at #2, you might have a point, but he wasn't so you don't. You can't predict injuries.

Based on the in formation that everyone had at the time, it was the right pick and any other GM in the same position would have made the same pick.

Ftr, he was 1st team all rookie in his first season. Just like Olajuwon, MJ, Barkley and Sam Perkins.

His second season was when the injuries started. So he never got a real chance to show what he could do.

Are you intentionally trying to show off how little you know? Or can you just not stop yourself?

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two picks after Jordan were Sam Perkins and Charles Barkley, either of which would have been a better pick than Bowie at that spot. And once he started getting injured, they gave up on him as soon as they realized they had a better option in Kevin Duckworth.

Both Barkley and Perkins were power forwards (although Perkins did play some center). They also had Mychal Thompson and Kenny Carr as their PF's. Both of them were pretty good. They needed a center. They drafted for need.

Also, they didn't acquire Duckworth until 1986 when Bowie's injuries had already started. So no, they didn't "realize they had a better option". They went and got him because of Bowies injuries.

Duckworth averaged 11.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg and 0.9 apg for his mostly injury free career.

Bowie, fighting injuries for his entire career, averaged 10.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg and 2.1 apg.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Barkley and Perkins were power forwards (although Perkins did play some center). They also had Mychal Thompson and Kenny Carr as their PF's. Both of them were pretty good. They needed a center. They drafted for need.

Also, they didn't acquire Duckworth until 1986 when Bowie's injuries had already started. So no, they didn't "realize they had a better option". They went and got him because of Bowies injuries.

Duckworth averaged 11.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg and 0.9 apg for his mostly injury free career.

Bowie, fighting injuries for his entire career, averaged 10.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg and 2.1 apg.
Very smart comment and true.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hindsight is 20/20.

They needed a C and had a pretty damn good SG at the time.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm, I get that you don't like it when HurricaneDij schools you on the boards, but must you really milk the conversation to (try to) sound logical???

According to basketball reference, Thompson was listed as a center before Bowie arrived (Mychal Thompson Stats | Basketball-Reference.com). In other words, Portland moved Thompson to a different position to accommodate Bowie. You don't know who Kenny Carr is, so that's all I'm going to say about him...

Duckworth was indeed acquired in large part because of Bowie's injuries, but like I said - As soon as they realized Duckworth was actually the better player, they sent Bowie packing in 1989, where with the Nets he became what he was always destined to be, and that was as a decent stat-producer on a lousy team.

Duckworth won Most Improved Player for 1987-88 and was a first time all-star in 1988-89. But, not a better option. Sure. :clap:

I get they had all-star caliber players on the perimeter with Drexler and Jim Paxson as the reason for passing on Jordan, but there were better options available to fill at other positions. Barkley or Perkins would have fit the bill.

But, according to the dynamite logic of @trojanfan12 , Seattle would have been right for passing on Kevin Durant since they already had decent producers at the forwards from the previous season in Rashard Lewis and Chris Wilcox. And since the likes of Robert Swift and Johan Petro hadn't panned out the way they'd hoped - They would have been better served to settle for Spencer Hawes with the #2 pick with Greg Oden already off the board.

I suggest you read more into Wiggy's so-called "novels" for posts - You might actually be able to learn something about the true meaning of accountability, both in terms of draft picks and in real life. Just because you reside in southern California doesn't make you more entitled than anyone else in the real world, even if it may do so on a message board.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, I get that you don't like it when HurricaneDij schools you on the boards,

lol @you schooling anyone.

Bottom line, as usual you're wrong and as usual I showed you that you're wrong.

What Duckworth did or did not do doesn't change the fact that the Blazers didn't acquire Duckworth until after Bowies injuries started or that despite his unjuries, Bowie put up numbers that were virtually identical to Duckworth.

It also doesn't change the fact that the Blazer already had a hall of fame shooting guard and thus, drafted for need and made the same pick that any team in their position would have.

It also doesn't change the fact that in his rookie season, he was 1st team all rookie just like Barkley, MJ, Perkins and Olajuwon.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, nothing. Sure, they were competing for about the #3 seed prior to the Butler injury, but the team is already falling apart just 1 season into the Butler teaming up with Towns/Wiggins experiment. Wiggins and Towns have both failed to develop to their full level of potential under Thibs, who has proven a terrible coach in the modern NBA who runs his starters into the ground (see Butler injury and all the injuries his style caused in Chicago). Bringing in Derrick Rose and giving him significant playing time in their brief playoff time was bad for the development of their young guys, too.

Now Butler is already vocal about how he won't resign with the team as is, and seemingly wants Towns out for sure. He also didn't seem to mesh very well with Wiggins. Clearly, the plan to have those three act as a "big three" together isn't working out the way they'd hoped. Probably two of those three key guys will end up leaving the team within the next year or two, putting them right back at square one in rebuilding mode. This team will always be bad, as the only star player they've ever had who actually wanted to be in Minnesota was Kevin Garnett, and even he got tired of the organization before bailing to win a title with Boston.
i was appalled at how bad thibs was out coached. He made no adjustments, he had bad set plays, bad in bound plays, relied on Derrick Rose. I cant tell you enough how much i blame the coaching for this.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was appalled at how bad thibs was out coached. He made no adjustments, he had bad set plays, bad in bound plays, relied on Derrick Rose. I cant tell you enough how much i blame the coaching for this.

He hasn't proven himself to be head coach material IMO. He should be a defensive assistant.