• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Power Rankings: Week 9 Edition

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team name, W-L record (prior ranking)

32. Miami Dolphins, 0-7 (32):
I’ve said this before...but someone should tell the Dolphins that tanking doesn’t work in the NFL.

31. Cincinnati Bengals, 0-8 (30):
Benching Andy Dalton on his birthday is the type of move that you’d expect a shitty organization like the Bengals to do.

30. Washington Redskins, 1-7 (31):
My neighbor is a Redskins fan and I’m pretty sure the only thing he’s excited about with this team is to see Derrius Guice come back from IR and show the team what he’s got. Sad state of affairs for Washington.

29. Atlanta Falcons, 1-7 (28):
If Desean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, and Dallas Goedert all don’t get hurt for the Falcons game against the Eagles, Atlanta might be in the running for the 1st pick. Damn it.

28. New York Jets, 1-6 (22):
The Jets don’t play on Halloween but that doesn’t mean Sam Darnold won’t be seeing some ghosts. Things are falling apart for the Jets. Will Gase be one and done?

27. New York Giants, 2-6 (29):
I just picked up Darius Slayton for my fantasy team. Smart move or am I getting desperate?

26. Denver Broncos, 2-6 (21):
I’m not sure if Flacco getting hurt is a good thing or a bad thing for this offense.

25. Arizona Cardinals, 3-4-1 (26):
The poor Cardinals are about to be slaughtered on Halloween. Maybe Jimmy G will give them a treat and keep them in the game with a couple of interceptions.

24. Cleveland Browns, 2-5 (24):
The schedule gets easier so we’re going to learn soon if this team can finally live up to the hype or if they really just suck.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers, 3-4 (23):
Can any of their running backs go through a week without having some sort of injury? Trey Edmunds, you’re our only hope.

22. Tennessee Titans, 4-4 (27):
Tannehill makes this offense not quite as much of a dumpster fire. They’re maybe only a small trashcan fire now. Hey...progress!

21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2-5 (18):
The Bucs have had a rough stretch lately. I think it’s time for Jameis to inspire his teammates by sucking on one of his body parts.

20. Los Angeles Chargers, 3-5 (25):
Firing Ken Whisenhunt is probably not going to solve this team’s problems.

19. Chicago Bears, 3-4 (13):
Pardon the obvious, but Chicago has to fix some things on the offense right now. Missing a FG to lose against the Chargers with the Eagles scheduled in week 9 might be too much for poor Bears fans to handle. I can still hear the double doink.

18. Oakland Raiders, 3-4 (12):
Relinquishing an 8-point lead to the Texans in the 4th quarter may prove to be fatal. With a win, the division and wildcard would have been 0.5 games out of reach.

17. Los Angeles Rams, 5-3 (19):
Their moves at the deadline reek of desperation. I still don’t think they make the playoffs.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars, 4-4 (20):
A lot of people are saying that Nick Foles has lost his job to Gardner Minshew. I’m not so sure. Either way, Jacksonville doesn’t want this to turn into a dick measuring contest, because we know who will win and I don’t think Minshew could ever recover from that sort of blow to his confidence.

15. Carolina Panthers, 4-3 (14):
I wouldn’t want to face this team after what happened in San Francisco. Tennessee is about to get their wheels blown off. Or...maybe not. I really don’t know what to think of this team.

14. Detroit Lions, 3-3-1 (9):
This team is close. Failing to land a running back at the trade deadline may come back to haunt them. With rumors of Darius Slay being on the block, it sounds like their may be some discord in the front office and they don’t know whether to be buyers or sellers. Instead, they may be stuck in no man’s land. Never a good place to be.

13. Baltimore Ravens, 5-2 (17):
They FINALLY beat a good team!!!

12. Dallas Cowboys, 4-3 (16):
If it’s possible to lose during a bye week, the Cowboys just did that. They traded for a washed up malcontent, failed to land any big names at the trade deadline, and watched their division rival beat the piss out of one of the top teams in the league. At this point, nobody even remembers what they did the week prior to their bye.

11. Houston Texans, 5-3 (15):
As long as Bill O’Brien is the coach of this team, I promise that they will never crack my top 10.

10. Buffalo Bills, 5-2 (4):
Remember when the Eagles fired Sean McDermott as defensive coordinator and replaced him with an offensive line coach? That was probably a bad idea. Regardless, the Bills should realize that losing to two of the best teams in the league is nothing to be ashamed of.

9. Philadelphia Eagles, 4-4 (8):
That was a complete team effort ass kicking of the Bills on Sunday. As predicted, the back-to-back embarrassing losses have woken this team up. The question is whether 12-4 will be enough for a first round bye.

8. Kansas City Chiefs, 5-3 (5):
Without Mahomes, this team is pedestrian. Probably still good enough to win the AFC West, but they need him back at 100% to win in the playoffs, which is why they shouldn’t rush him back until after their bye. My stance has nothing to do with the fact I could face him in fantasy in week 11.

7. Seattle Seahawks, 6-2 (7):
The Seahawks have played two games against teams in the top-half of the rankings and they’re both losses. I don’t even know why I have them ranked this high.

6. Indianapolis Colts, 5-2 (11):
The first team to beat the Chiefs this season with a healthy Patrick Mahomes, the Colts find ways to win games. The hallmark of a good, well-coached team.

5. Green Bay Packers, 7-1 (10):
Like the Seahawks, the Packers are bolstered by phenomenal play from their franchise quarterback. Rodgers is the king of wowing us with his spectacular play while still finding a way to lose games in the playoffs. Remember, at 9-7 he has the same playoff record as Donovan McNabb, though the self-declared Hall of Famer McNabb is probably impressed.

4. Minnesota Vikings, 6-2 (6):
There was a time when the Vikings looked like things were starting to unravel. They’re now a pick ‘em against the Chiefs in Arrowhead. We know that the Vikings will eventually choke...but you’ve got to give them credit while the hot streak lasts.

3. New Orleans Saints, 7-1 (2):
Drew Brees is back and the Saints should get Kamara back after their bye week. Some teams complain about injuries. The Saints literally lost two of their top players and just keep winning. Plus, Brees got a chance to rest his arm, which we know looked terrible down the stretch and in the playoffs last year.

2. New England Patriots, 8-0 (1):
You can never count Tom Brady and Bill Belichick out, even when their team is virtually giftwrapped an 8-0 start. The best QB that they’ve faced is probably Daniel Jones or Baker Mayfield. What we’ve seen recently is that the defense may be susceptible to an effective running game. The first sign of a chink in the armor? Perhaps, but it’s probably not enough to matter. Unless they seriously falter, homefield advantage in the playoffs is pretty much a done deal.

1. San Francisco 49ers, 7-0 (3):
With Emmanuel Sanders joining a group of young, talented receivers, a stable of productive running backs, and George Kittle, this offense has a number of ways to beat you. But forget about the offense and Jimmy G (the “G” stands for giveaway), this defense has the tools to be historically good. They absolutely dismantled a Carolina team that had scored 34+ in 3 of its last 4 games.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. Philadelphia Eagles, 4-4 (8): That was a complete team effort ass kicking of the Bills on Sunday. As predicted, the back-to-back embarrassing losses have woken this team up. The question is whether 12-4 will be enough for a first round bye.

tenor.gif

:D

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@knowyourenemy

I must admit KYE...or maybe I shouldn't admit it, but I was looking forward to seeing your latest and great power ranking :D

1-5...I have GB ahead of MIN, but the top 4 are all the same order. The 49ers are playing the best football right now.

6-10...SEA, IND, KC, BAL, BUF...The Eagles spanked the Bills in BUF and exposed that OFC, but not enough to give them a top 10 spot. The Ravens are unorthodox on OFC and better on DEF than I gave them credit for initially.

11-15...HOU, LAR, DAL, PHI, DET...tough grouping here...LAR, and DET are clearly trending up, it will be tough for HOU to stay in this position without Watt.

16-20...CAR, JAX, OAK, PIT, TN...The Panthers will ultimately go back to Cam and the college/pro OFC if he's not ready they will slide.

21-25...LAC, AZ, CLE, CHI, NYG...Cardinals are the team to watch in this group.

26-30...DEN, NYJ, WAS, ATL, TB...I would expect these teams to fall into tank mode with one or two more losses.

31-32, CIN, MIA...battle of the tankers...Bengals might take over #1 slot as they are benching Dalton.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@knowyourenemy

I must admit KYE...or maybe I shouldn't admit it, but I was looking forward to seeing your latest and great power ranking :D

1-5...I have GB ahead of MIN, but the top 4 are all the same order. The 49ers are playing the best football right now.

6-10...SEA, IND, KC, BAL, BUF...The Eagles spanked the Bills in BUF and exposed that OFC, but not enough to give them a top 10 spot. The Ravens are unorthodox on OFC and better on DEF than I gave them credit for initially.

11-15...HOU, LAR, DAL, PHI, DET...tough grouping here...LAR, and DET are clearly trending up, it will be tough for HOU to stay in this position without Watt.

16-20...CAR, JAX, OAK, PIT, TN...The Panthers will ultimately go back to Cam and the college/pro OFC if he's not ready they will slide.

21-25...LAC, AZ, CLE, CHI, NYG...Cardinals are the team to watch in this group.

26-30...DEN, NYJ, WAS, ATL, TB...I would expect these teams to fall into tank mode with one or two more losses.

31-32, CIN, MIA...battle of the tankers...Bengals might take over #1 slot as they are benching Dalton.

Looks like we feel differently about Baltimore, the Rams, Tampa Bay, and pretty close on all the others.

I’m intrigued by the Chargers, Browns, Bears, and Bucs in that 21-30 range. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either one of them make a run at some point. It may be too late for most of them but I think the Chargers and Bears will figure things out, Bucs have just had a brutal schedule with the travel, and Browns should still be able to finish 8-8 with their schedule, possibly better.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say Knowyourenemy.... you are finally starting to make sense.... :clap:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we feel differently about Baltimore, the Rams, Tampa Bay, and pretty close on all the others.

I’m intrigued by the Chargers, Browns, Bears, and Bucs in that 21-30 range. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either one of them make a run at some point. It may be too late for most of them but I think the Chargers and Bears will figure things out, Bucs have just had a brutal schedule with the travel, and Browns should still be able to finish 8-8 with their schedule, possibly better.

Yeah pretty much.

BAL...albeit the same style of play, but Jackson is playing slightly better than LY imo, the OFC can grind out 3+ yds on every play probably better than other team because of his legs. I'm still a little surprised they have played as well on DEF. They've only beaten one good QB so I can see why you might have them lower...this week will be a big indicator of where that DEF really is.

LAR...I think they are better than the 3 teams you put ahead of them...but IDK if they're going to survive the NFCW...good chance they don't make the playoffs if they can't manage a split with SEA and SF....they get a bit of a cushion with the next 3 games (CIN, bye, @ PIT, CHI likely favored in all 3)...if they are not at worst 7-4 after week 11, they will struggle to make it.

TB...Some people thought Arians (who really wanted the CLE job) would be able to turn Winston around, but he is what he is...an inconsistent QB that is always going to have a high TD:INT ratio. Maybe they split with ATL, I don't see many more wins from this team...they will be picking in the top 5 next draft.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty much.

BAL...albeit the same style of play, but Jackson is playing slightly better than LY imo, the OFC can grind out 3+ yds on every play probably better than other team because of his legs. I'm still a little surprised they have played as well on DEF. They've only beaten one good QB so I can see why you might have them lower...this week will be a big indicator of where that DEF really is.

LAR...I think they are better than the 3 teams you put ahead of them...but IDK if they're going to survive the NFCW...good chance they don't make the playoffs if they can't manage a split with SEA and SF....they get a bit of a cushion with the next 3 games (CIN, bye, @ PIT, CHI likely favored in all 3)...if they are not at worst 7-4 after week 11, they will struggle to make it.

TB...Some people thought Arians (who really wanted the CLE job) would be able to turn Winston around, but he is what he is...an inconsistent QB that is always going to have a high TD:INT ratio. Maybe they split with ATL, I don't see many more wins from this team...they will be picking in the top 5 next draft.

I think the Bucs will beat the Cardinals, Falcons twice, and give them good odds against the Jags, Texans, and Lions. They make a lot of stupid mistakes with Winston, though, so maybe I’m stupid to believe in them.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think the Eagles are going to have to worry about that?

We’re talking about the team that clowned the Packers in Lambeau on a short week, right?

They probably won’t have to worry about that since they should win the division.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2. New England Patriots, 8-0 (1): You can never count Tom Brady and Bill Belichick out, even when their team is virtually giftwrapped an 8-0 start. The best QB that they’ve faced is probably Daniel Jones or Baker Mayfield. What we’ve seen recently is that the defense may be susceptible to an effective running game. The first sign of a chink in the armor? Perhaps, but it’s probably not enough to matter. Unless they seriously falter, homefield advantage in the playoffs is pretty much a done deal.

1. San Francisco 49ers, 7-0 (3):
With Emmanuel Sanders joining a group of young, talented receivers, a stable of productive running backs, and George Kittle, this offense has a number of ways to beat you. But forget about the offense and Jimmy G (the “G” stands for giveaway), this defense has the tools to be historically good. They absolutely dismantled a Carolina team that had scored 34+ in 3 of its last 4 games.

Nice! I say we use these rankings & skip those annoying playoffs & SB.

Trophy, now!

ISNBFWFQLAB3QLYN5PC4JGESW4.jpg

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re talking about the team that clowned the Packers in Lambeau on a short week, right?

They probably won’t have to worry about that since they should win the division.

Yep. Same team that got lucky at Lambeau but doubt they win their division.

Time will tell.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Same team that got lucky at Lambeau but doubt they win their division.

Time will tell.

33 carries for 176 yards and 2 touchdowns isn’t luck. Your defense got run over.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bucs will beat the Cardinals, Falcons twice, and give them good odds against the Jags, Texans, and Lions. They make a lot of stupid mistakes with Winston, though, so maybe I’m stupid to believe in them.

ATL...maybe, but the Falcons normally play well vs the Bucs. I think they have won the last 5 or 6 consecutive over them. The most I would give TB is a split there unless the Falcons move into tank mode. Quinn probably knows it's over in ATL for him, but they are still playing hard for him.

AZ...another maybe, but the Cardinals are playing better, scoring at least 26 pts a game until that dud last week.

IMO the Bucs probably had 6-8 win talent...getting rid of that inside presence of Gerald McCoy was a mistake. Suh is finished and Shaq Barrett won't be able to sustain his great play off the edge. Back end DEF is not very good.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Green Bay Packers, 7-1 (10): Like the Seahawks, the Packers are bolstered by phenomenal play from their franchise quarterback. Rodgers is the king of wowing us with his spectacular play while still finding a way to lose games in the playoffs.

The Eagles smoked this bitch ass #5 squad already.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly a voyeur on the NFL boards... but being honest, I visit every week to read the @knowyourenemy rankings. Always good for a chuckle or two. Keep it up! Great way to pass the time waiting for football.

Comments like this make it all worth while. Thanks for reading!