• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's give our kudos to KAT

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh, you really going to keep hanging your hat on that one. @ManuForever , quick question - do you keep mentioning to everyone how the Spurs hung in a tight 7-game series with the Heat back in 2013? That "hanging in there" shit is fucking weird to me. A loss is a loss, doesn't matter if you get blown out or lose in 7, that shit's all the same.
That Game 6 was soul crushing. No excuses though cause they made their mistakes which allowed Miami to get back in it and ultimately take the series. I just try to keep remembering the 2014 series, lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Game 6 was soul crushing. No excuses though cause they made their mistakes which allowed Miami to get back in it and ultimately take the series. I just try to keep remembering the 2014 series, lol.

And I keep trying to forget that one. Point is, you don't go around telling everyone that you took it to 7 games.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh, you really going to keep hanging your hat on that one. @ManuForever , quick question - do you keep mentioning to everyone how the Spurs hung in a tight 7-game series with the Heat back in 2013? That "hanging in there" shit is fucking weird to me. A loss is a loss, doesn't matter if you get blown out or lose in 7, that shit's all the same.

Fine, then. You want me to lie and say that I've never liked George and that he's accomplished nothing in seven years here? :scratch:

The fact that our 49-win team with zero superstars took your steroid-laden 66-win squad to seven games is, in fact, an accomplishment. Sorry that it bothers you so much and I'm also sorry that you feel the overwhelming need to take the Kevin Durant route and seek extra validation for your multiple titles.

If I wanted to speak from the other end of the stick, 2014 was a different story completely for us. We had HCA and simply beat ourselves. I was a strong advocate that someone needed to be fired for that particular meltdown. But that's beside the point, now isn't it?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but praising KAT is literally the same thing. Just pointing out that there is no significant difference at this time about KAT or PG/Lebron/Anyone else, who signs an extension. They'll say all the right things because it's what is expected. I'm sure that there are plenty of Wolves fans who aren't complete fans of KAT either for various reasons.

This thread was about Towns for currently being a good role model. It was not about Paul George, LeBron James, or even Jimmy Butler.

Did I ever insinuate that KAT won't demand/initiate a trade at any point in the future???

No. That said - If I had to put money on it, I don't think it's in his personality to do so...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, then. You want me to lie and say that I've never liked George and that he's accomplished nothing in seven years here? :scratch:

The fact that our 49-win team with zero superstars took your steroid-laden 66-win squad to seven games is, in fact, an accomplishment. Sorry that it bothers you so much and I'm also sorry that you feel the overwhelming need to take the Kevin Durant route and seek extra validation for your multiple titles.

If I wanted to speak from the other end of the stick, 2014 was a different story completely for us. We had HCA and simply beat ourselves. I was a strong advocate that someone needed to be fired for that particular meltdown. But that's beside the point, now isn't it?

They don't give banners or rings for going 7 games, bud. Sorry.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking he’s pretty dumb to commit to such a jv organization.

Will he win a playoff round with the franchise?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking he’s pretty dumb to commit to such a jv organization.

Will he win a playoff round with the franchise?

You do realize he doesn't have a choice, right?

Restricted free agent people!

The NBA contract structure virtually assures the team who drafted a player can control their rights for the first 9 years of their career if they so choose.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize he doesn't have a choice, right?

Restricted free agent people!

The NBA contract structure virtually assures the team who drafted a player can control their rights for the first 9 years of their career if they so choose.

you play out the option year.

but yes the nba has those ridiculous rules stacking the deck for the team that lucks into drafting players (which i'm also against).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit!! I watched them raise their "Took the Heat to 7 games" banner on tv before tipoff of their first game the following season.

It was on the Oprah channel and she was even there saying "You get a banner, and you get a banner...everyone gets a banner!!"

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they accomplished losing.

Congrats I guess.
You know, for a change this guy has a point. I don't understand fans who say if you don't win a 'ship then you're just a losing team and the season was pointless. There's a lot of fun to be had watching your team play good ball, and if you lose a hard fought playoff series that can be enjoyable as a fan in a way watching a terrible team is not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you play out the option year.

but yes the nba has those ridiculous rules stacking the deck for the team that lucks into drafting players (which i'm also against).

Still yields the same result unless he is willing to accept the QO for about 1/4 his annual salary given in the max deal. Which has literally never been done by any top player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, for a change this guy has a point. I don't understand fans who say if you don't win a 'ship then you're just a losing team and the season was pointless. There's a lot of fun to be had watching your team play good ball, and if you lose a hard fought playoff series that can be enjoyable as a fan in a way watching a terrible team is not.

I get that to a point. For the past few seasons (especially the past 2 or 3) the Lakers success has been determined by development of the young guys, not playoff appearances or titles. So, I've enjoyed watching them from a different perspective than most of the other seasons that I've watched.

But end of the day, the goal is titles, so they still didn't have accomplishments worth bragging about.

I mean, bragging about the "accomplishment" of taking the Heat to 7 games would be like Lakers fans bragging about our 25 win team a couple of seasons ago beating the Warriors in game. It was fun to watch, but not really an "accomplishment" to brag about.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still yields the same result unless he is willing to accept the QO for about 1/4 his annual salary given in the max deal. Which has literally never been done by any top player.

pretty sure Drummond did.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that to a point. For the past few seasons (especially the past 2 or 3) the Lakers success has been determined by development of the young guys, not playoff appearances or titles. So, I've enjoyed watching them from a different perspective than most of the other seasons that I've watched.

But end of the day, the goal is titles, so they still didn't have accomplishments worth bragging about.

I mean, bragging about the "accomplishment" of taking the Heat to 7 games would be like Lakers fans bragging about our 25 win team a couple of seasons ago beating the Warriors in game. It was fun to watch, but not really an "accomplishment" to brag about.
Ok that's fair. I guess there's a difference between enjoying a non championship team and bragging about it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wouldn't want there to be one...Validation is something that's got to come from within, bud. Sorry.