• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's give our kudos to KAT

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has yet to miss a game in his young career (very hard to do in the current NBA). He is humble, and loyal to the man that drafted him - a guy that has since passed away, mind you.

All class.

Does he have his share of flaws as a basketball player? Sure. That being said - Kids, this is a role model:

"I promise to the fans, my teammates and the organization to keep the vision of the man who drafted me, Flip Saunders, alive and treat his dream of winning with respect and dignity. To the fans from Day One and the Timberwolves fans, this is for you. Thank you for believing in me."

Sources: Wolves' Towns agrees to $190M deal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has yet to miss a game in his young career (very hard to do in the current NBA). He is humble, and loyal to the man that drafted him - a guy that has since passed away, mind you.

All class.

Does he have his share of flaws as a basketball player? Sure. That being said - Kids, this is a role model:

"I promise to the fans, my teammates and the organization to keep the vision of the man who drafted me, Flip Saunders, alive and treat his dream of winning with respect and dignity. To the fans from Day One and the Timberwolves fans, this is for you. Thank you for believing in me."

Sources: Wolves' Towns agrees to $190M deal
totally agree. good to see a guy that feels responsibility to his community instead of just another weak minded jock rider. Sounds like he understands that sports to a certain extent is a public trust- and that making all that money comes with more responsibility than just doing "whats good for me".

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're praising him for accepting a 190M deal and saying good things about the organization giving it to him. You guys must have short memories about what PG said about the Pacers, Lebron said early in his career about Cleveland, etc.

LOL at the shortsightedness of this.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're praising him for accepting a 190M deal and saying good things about the organization giving it to him. You guys must have short memories about what PG said about the Pacers, Lebron said early in his career about Cleveland, etc.

Stuff like this makes me feel for those older generation greats like Barkley or Malone or Ewing who made in their entire careers around half of what KAT just got in this one contract.

It's no wonder Chuck is salty with all the new crew.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every all-star still on their rookie contract signs their max extensions. It's like literally the only smart financial decision to make. Not doing so is costing yourself a ridiculous amount of money. There's nothing to be praised here. It's just standard operating procedure.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree. good to see a guy that feels responsibility to his community instead of just another weak minded jock rider. Sounds like he understands that sports to a certain extent is a public trust- and that making all that money comes with more responsibility than just doing "whats good for me".

I hope KAT works out with the Wolves long-term and eventually manages to win something with the team, but let's be real here. If they're still struggling in another 4 years and he's playing at an all-star level, he'll be gone just like Kevin Love, Marbury, and even KG after long enough (even though he wanted to stay, but the team acknowledged they'd never win with him so they shipped him out while he still had time to win elsewhere) before him. Minnesota just isn't a place that can retain any star players they get in the NBA if they fail to formulate an overall winning product. Whereas with markets like L.A. or something, a star player is much more likely to hang around and/or take a chance on them in free agency/accepting trade deals based on market potential alone.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope KAT works out with the Wolves long-term and eventually manages to win something with the team, but let's be real here. If they're still struggling in another 4 years and he's playing at an all-star level, he'll be gone just like Kevin Love, Marbury, and even KG after long enough (even though he wanted to stay, but the team acknowledged they'd never win with him so they shipped him out while he still had time to win elsewhere) before him. Minnesota just isn't a place that can retain any star players they get in the NBA if they fail to formulate an overall winning product. Whereas with markets like L.A. or something, a star player is much more likely to hang around and/or take a chance on them in free agency/accepting trade deals based on market potential alone.
i think you say a lot of good stuff in your post---- and i agree with it- but at the same time- if you go through your rookie deal with a team, and then you through your 2nd contract with a team- and you still havent won a playoff series or had any kind of real success maybe at that time you should be looking at your options to a certain extent.

If you remember- Love actually WOULD have re-upped with Minnesota for the 5 year max but Minnesota did not want to give it to him--- and as for KG- he was there for a long long time and just never really had any success.

IF you give 8-9 years to a team and the team is just not putting the right guys around you- then to a certain extent i understand it i guess.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Lebron James signing his extension in 2006

"I am very excited and happy to be re-signing with the Cavaliers. Staying in Cleveland ... provides me with the unique opportunity to continue to play in front of my family, friends and fans," James said in a statement released by his publicist. "I look forward to working toward bringing a championship to our great fans and the city of Cleveland."

Cavs lock up future

@HurricaneDij39
Paul George signing his extension in 2013

"My heart was really here and I couldn't see myself anywhere else,"
"There's no better place to play than here," George said. "It's all about basketball here. It was a no-brainer."

Paul George signs Indiana Pacers contract extension

LOL. Ya'll are delusional if you don't think this is standard for any young player signing his first extension. Keep hitting me with those rainbows and bullshit because you guys have a shit memory.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved KAT from the moment he chose UK. Sucks when he plays against the Spurs cause i'm forced to root against him, but he deserves this supermax.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

"I am very excited and happy to be re-signing with the Cavaliers. Staying in Cleveland ... provides me with the unique opportunity to continue to play in front of my family, friends and fans," James said in a statement released by his publicist. "I look forward to working toward bringing a championship to our great fans and the city of Cleveland."

Cavs lock up future

@HurricaneDij39

"There's no better place to play than here," George said. "It's all about basketball here. It was a no-brainer."

LOL. Ya'll are delusional if you don't think this is standard for any young player signing his first extension. Keep hitting me with those rainbows and bullshit because you guys have a shit memory.

I was never a big George fanboy to begin with. He's always had that Southern California diva in him throughout his Pacers tenure. For me, it was simply a matter of appreciating him as the most talented guy on our team that pushed 66-win Miami to seven games.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a big George fanboy to begin with. He's always had that Southern California diva in him throughout his Pacers tenure. For me, it was simply a matter of appreciating him as the most talented guy on our team that pushed 66-win Miami to seven games.

That's fine, but praising KAT is literally the same thing. Just pointing out that there is no significant difference at this time about KAT or PG/Lebron/Anyone else, who signs an extension. They'll say all the right things because it's what is expected. I'm sure that there are plenty of Wolves fans who aren't complete fans of KAT either for various reasons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but praising KAT is literally the same thing. Just pointing out that there is no significant difference at this time about KAT or PG/Lebron/Anyone else, who signs an extension. They'll say all the right things because it's what is expected. I'm sure that there are plenty of Wolves fans who aren't complete fans of KAT either for various reasons.

Exactly.

If KAT resigns in Minnesota again for his 3rd contract, then he can be praised for his "loyalty". Until then, nothing to see here. He was going to be a restricted free agent.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For real. We're praising KAT who took the most money possible that could be given to him after his rookie deal. The mindless dopes reach down to the most sensitive parts of their nether regions and join hands in praising athletes that haven't (yet) spurned their original teams. These fagaloons probably watch the Ellen show together while shaving their legs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Cavs lock up future

@HurricaneDij39

Womp womp. Your thoughts @WiggyRuss and @HurricaneDij39.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bruh, you really going to keep hanging your hat on that one. @ManuForever , quick question - do you keep mentioning to everyone how the Spurs hung in a tight 7-game series with the Heat back in 2013? That "hanging in there" shit is fucking weird to me. A loss is a loss, doesn't matter if you get blown out or lose in 7, that shit's all the same.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Womp womp. Your thoughts @WiggyRuss and @HurricaneDij39.
I am the one that has repeated so often that it is EXCEEDINGLY rare for a player to turn down a max contract coming off of his rookie deal.

The fact is though that, ESPECIALLY in today's NBA- if he wanted to make a big stink out of it and try and force a trade he without a doubt could. Plenty of guys have done it of late and there seems to be no consequence to it.

Are you saying that there is one person out there that didnt think- when they heard the Jimmy Butler rumors- that KAT might be next? That this gives him the precise cover necessary to whine his way out of Minnesota if he wanted to? That he could whine about Thibs and losing an All Star top 20 or so player like Butler for 50 cents on the dollar and get a ticket out of town?

I sure thought that I have to tell ya- I am honestly shocked that this went the other way- that he instead committed to them long term.

Now I suppose he could always try and whine his way out down the road- but it just doesnt seem like thats what he is about. IT seems like he actually wants to take responsibility for building this team

If 4-5 years from now when he is 28-29 or whatever- if the Twolves have put a team around him that is for shit and hasnt done anything in the playoffs- then I will not begrudge him at all leaving.

Now if he cries his way out of town and threatens to have surgery like Kyrie, or goes public with his trade demands and just never seems to sack up as a #1 guy like Paul George, or if he gets a fellow top 10 player- makes some runs- but then bitches out and goes and joins the "Warriors"- or decides that making movies is more important than winning--- then ya- ill think he is just another slug.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't recall seeing KAT ever play for a single minute. Must not have left a big impression...Is he any good?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the one that has repeated so often that it is EXCEEDINGLY rare for a player to turn down a max contract coming off of his rookie deal.

The fact is though that, ESPECIALLY in today's NBA- if he wanted to make a big stink out of it and try and force a trade he without a doubt could. Plenty of guys have done it of late and there seems to be no consequence to it.

Are you saying that there is one person out there that didnt think- when they heard the Jimmy Butler rumors- that KAT might be next? That this gives him the precise cover necessary to whine his way out of Minnesota if he wanted to? That he could whine about Thibs and losing an All Star top 20 or so player like Butler for 50 cents on the dollar and get a ticket out of town?

I sure thought that I have to tell ya- I am honestly shocked that this went the other way- that he instead committed to them long term.

Now I suppose he could always try and whine his way out down the road- but it just doesnt seem like thats what he is about. IT seems like he actually wants to take responsibility for building this team

If 4-5 years from now when he is 28-29 or whatever- if the Twolves have put a team around him that is for shit and hasnt done anything in the playoffs- then I will not begrudge him at all leaving.

Now if he cries his way out of town and threatens to have surgery like Kyrie, or goes public with his trade demands and just never seems to sack up as a #1 guy like Paul George, or if he gets a fellow top 10 player- makes some runs- but then bitches out and goes and joins the "Warriors"- or decides that making movies is more important than winning--- then ya- ill think he is just another slug.

I'm just saying it's funny how you and Dij are praising KAT for signing a 5-year $190 million dollar contract to stay in Minny. That shit's funny to me. Shit, I'd sign that deal to live in Arkansas.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plenty of guys have made a stink and forced a trade heading into FA.

Please name 1 premier player who has done this heading into RFA.

I will wait.

If you don't feel like wasting your time, I will help you. It has never happened.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "hanging in there" shit is fucking weird to me. A loss is a loss, doesn't matter if you get blown out or lose in 7, that shit's all the same.

Dude, cane is a Pacers and Nuggets fan...all he has to hang his hat on is that "hanging in there" shit. :heh: