• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lebron crying about mvp

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, I'll say this:

Skinny Pop Popcorn is the tastiest pop corn I've had outside of a movie theater.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, I'll say this:

Skinny Pop Popcorn is the tastiest pop corn I've had outside of a movie theater.
Really? I almost bought a bag at lunch the other day but I passed specifically because it said "skinny". To me, the word "skinny" on food packaging translates roughly to "doesn't taste good".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thin you gotta be careful with that though

their was a lot bigger age difference between LeBron and Kobe...and unfortunately for Kobe he had some fairly troubling injury issues earlier on in his career which came to exacerbate his regression.

Curry is only about 3 years younger than LeBron- and has had far more serious injury issues than LeBron has ever had--- not only that- but with LeBron's size and ability to play multiple positions- he should without a doubt age more gracefully than Curry- as its a geeral rule that guards typically lose it earlier than big men.

The only difference that any of that makes is that we saw the Kobe to Lebron transition a little sooner than we otherwise might have, and we may see the transition from Curry to the next guy a little sooner. But as far as Curry being the best in the game right now, it really makes no difference at all.

The Kobe to Lebron transition was always going to happen and it became pretty obvious from at least Lebron's 2nd year in the league that he was going to supplant Kobe. It was inevitable that someone was going to supplant Lebron as best in the game, I just think that up until last year, everyone thought it would be Durant rather than Curry.

I know you want Lebron to still be the best in the game, but he's not.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Durant replaced LeBron as the best player 5 years ago. Good times.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I almost bought a bag at lunch the other day but I passed specifically because it said "skinny". To me, the word "skinny" on food packaging translates roughly to "doesn't taste good".

I'm with you 100% and I never would have bought it. Mrs Redfoot did and I just tried some at lunch. I don't know what makes it any "skinnier" than anything else, but it's real popcorn. Ingredients are Popcorn, sunflower oil and salt.

It doesn't have that big buttery taste, but the popped corn seems much more like movie theater popcorn than a microwave produces.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you 100% and I never would have bought it. Mrs Redfoot did and I just tried some at lunch. I don't know what makes it any "skinnier" than anything else, but it's real popcorn. Ingredients are Popcorn, sunflower oil and salt.

It doesn't have that big buttery taste, but the popped corn seems much more like movie theater popcorn than a microwave produces.
Hmmm... Good to know. I'll have to give it a try.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only difference that any of that makes is that we saw the Kobe to Lebron transition a little sooner than we otherwise might have, and we may see the transition from Curry to the next guy a little sooner. But as far as Curry being the best in the game right now, it really makes no difference at all.

The Kobe to Lebron transition was always going to happen and it became pretty obvious from at least Lebron's 2nd year in the league that he was going to supplant Kobe. It was inevitable that someone was going to supplant Lebron as best in the game, I just think that up until last year, everyone thought it would be Durant rather than Curry.

I know you want Lebron to still be the best in the game, but he's not.
i think he is

i think Curry has the perfect system and teammates- and that if they were in equal situations that LeBron is still the better all around player.

like i said- no way could Curry have single handedly won 2 games against the CAvs if Thompson and Draymond were out. He just doesnt have the overall - across the game impact that LeBron has.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he is

i think Curry has the perfect system and teammates- and that if they were in equal situations that LeBron is still the better all around player.

like i said- no way could Curry have single handedly won 2 games against the CAvs if Thompson and Draymond were out. He just doesnt have the overall - across the game impact that LeBron has.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but most would disagree with you.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a two man race imo, and not a fan of either team so I think I'm unbiased here.

I think Lebron brings more...the only thing Curry does better and we can say that with all certainty...he shoots better....all other phases, Lebron is considerably closer or he's better...rebounding, assists, defense...you said it best..."a force on both sides of the ball"....in small doses ,he can play any position on the floor and he can defend every position on the floor.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why bring up the "true meaning of most valuable"? What's wrong with a 'Congratulations'?

I was a clear case of "Curry deserves it, but....."

Perhaps he was acknowledging that sometimes the players anointed as MVP haven't always earned the title and was talking about himself as well. Is that possible? Just asking

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but most would disagree with you.

The feeling or vibe that I get when people like him are sucking Lebron's dick is that they are looking at Lebron and how athletic and healthy his body is. The problem with that is that his mental portion of the game is not the best in the NBA and I think I am saying it all to kindly. Right now I believe Curry has the smartest mind in the NBA - No two ways about it and no dis-respect who pointed out himself that Curry's numbers demonstrated that he was the best.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personalities aside...who do you think is the best player in the league right now?

Curry. No questions. He hasn't even hit his prime yet and is already in discussion as 'best shooter ever'. He is one of those guys that can easily put up 40 a night if he truly wanted.

If I were to be completely honest and had to pick a single player to start a team in the current NBA, personalities aside, it would most likely be lebron though purely because of his size, strength and experience.

Cavs homers need to accept that lebron is on a decline though. There is a very big chance that within the next couple of years he'll barely make the top 5.
They also need to realise his actions mainly off-court is the real reason he isn't under discussion as the GOAT. If lebron had stayed on the cavs, or even just stayed in miami a lot of people would hate him less.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps he was acknowledging that sometimes the players anointed as MVP haven't always earned the title and was talking about himself as well. Is that possible? Just asking

Of course it's possible. He never brought it up when he won it though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to break up the hilariously wrong narrative... but you guys have all been trolled by ESPN.

Try watching the entire interview instead of the snippets of video and quotes that ESPN gives you.

A reporter specifically asked LeBron... "What do you think about the different interpretations of 'most valuable player'."

So he answered the question... then went out of his way to bring the conversation back to Curry and point out how clearly deserving of the award Curry was...

"Look at Steph's numbers. He averaged 30, he led the league in steals, he was 90-50-40, and they won 73. So, I don't -- do you have any debate over that, really, when it comes to that award?"

In which case this whole thread is moot and the media is once again trying to put words in players mouths to make them look worse off.