• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lebron crying about mvp

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry. No questions. He hasn't even hit his prime yet and is already in discussion as 'best shooter ever'. He is one of those guys that can easily put up 40 a night if he truly wanted.

If I were to be completely honest and had to pick a single player to start a team in the current NBA, personalities aside, it would most likely be lebron though purely because of his size, strength and experience.

Cavs homers need to accept that lebron is on a decline though. There is a very big chance that within the next couple of years he'll barely make the top 5.
They also need to realise his actions mainly off-court is the real reason he isn't under discussion as the GOAT. If lebron had stayed on the cavs, or even just stayed in miami a lot of people would hate him less.
LOL hasnt hit his prime?!!!

he is 28 years old!!!

hes 3 years younger than LeBron-- and hes a guard- which wears down quicker than big men!! with a far greater injury history!!

the difference in their ages going forward- after correcting for Curry's much more significant injury history and far less position versatility (when compared to LeBron's ability to play anyone and everywhere and the fact he is built like the love child of a Mack Truck and an M1 Abrams Tank) is pretty much mitigated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL hasnt hit his prime?!!!

he is 28 years old!!!

hes 3 years younger than LeBron-- and hes a guard- which wears down quicker than big men!! with a far greater injury history!!

the difference in their ages going forward- after correcting for Curry's much more significant injury history and far less position versatility (when compared to LeBron's ability to play anyone and everywhere and the fact he is built like the love child of a Mack Truck and an M1 Abrams Tank) is pretty much mitigated.

That is what you took away from it? Can the cavs homer take a break for a second and admit Curry is better? :L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry. No questions. He hasn't even hit his prime yet and is already in discussion as 'best shooter ever'. He is one of those guys that can easily put up 40 a night if he truly wanted.

If I were to be completely honest and had to pick a single player to start a team in the current NBA, personalities aside, it would most likely be lebron though purely because of his size, strength and experience.

Cavs homers need to accept that lebron is on a decline though. There is a very big chance that within the next couple of years he'll barely make the top 5.
They also need to realise his actions mainly off-court is the real reason he isn't under discussion as the GOAT. If lebron had stayed on the cavs, or even just stayed in miami a lot of people would hate him less.

One thing I don't like is some people are trying to type cast Curry as just a shooter...I've seen shooters from Pistol Pete up this era and the competition is stronger than one might think, but I'm giving Curry best shooter of all-time already...certainly the best that I've seen.

But, Curry is more than a shooter, he has handle, not afraid to attack the glass, and he's got great floor awareness on the pass as well.

LJ is on the decline, but imo on the back end of his prime...still in it but on the back end (whereas D Wade is still pretty good, but past his prime)...if I were starting a team today...close, but I would go LJ as well because of his versatility.

LJ legacy...he might be the single most talented player the game has ever seen, but GOAT? He's in the conversation, but I'm going to hold that spot for MJ right now and Kobe's 2 rings w/o Shaq put him #2 in my world. The switching teams to chase rings or whatever doesn't bother me as much as others...the game allows that a lot more than it did in the MJ era, he's just taking advantage of what the game allows, but you still have to deliver...he did in MIA...if he does in CLE...his voice starts to get a little louder...especially if he delivers multiple...but we need to see one first.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what you took away from it? Can the cavs homer take a break for a second and admit Curry is better? :L
when someone starts their arguement with "the guy hasnt even hit his prime"- and the guy is 28...pretty sure you can pretty much take a steaming dump on taht guys post lol

this is the NBA....when is he gonna hit his prime? 30? lol. LeBron declining? hes 31?? lol...so what is a players prime? from 29 and a half until 29 and 3/4's? :lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when someone starts their arguement with "the guy hasnt even hit his prime"- and the guy is 28...pretty sure you can pretty much take a steaming dump on taht guys post lol

this is the NBA....when is he gonna hit his prime? 30? lol. LeBron declining? hes 31?? lol...so what is a players prime? from 29 and a half until 29 and 3/4's? :lol:

Ah good, the lawyer is trying to bring math into this.

So if Curry isn't in his prime, is he over the hill? But lebron isn't?

Wow your Cavs homerism is on full blast today, isn't it? Tell me again why Thompson is one of the best big men in the league?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I was pretty clear. Curry is the best player in the game right now, so I'd take him.

However, prime Lebron is better than prime Curry, imo. So, if we're talking both in their prime, I'm taking Lebron.

Agreed. If both players were starting off their careers from day 1, I go with Lebron hands down as he's far more balanced then Curry. If you tell me which player you want on the Heat today, I go with Curry as he has more years (presumably) at this level than Lebron (who has a shit ton of mileage on him).

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron (who has a shit ton of mileage on him).

Oh god, don't say that! Wiggy will give us a 15000 word essay!

And then argue that Thompson should be an all-star or some sad shit like that!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all the GM's were offered Curry or LeBron for 1 year only... I think the vast majority take LeBron.

If they were offered Curry or LeBron on a 5 year contract.... I still think the majority take LeBron, but maybe I'm biased. I think there are sane arguments for both choices.

But none of that matters in the context of this year's MVP. Curry had the best season by far and deserved it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is right though. He is more valuable to his team. Curry isn't on the Warriors and they are still a playoff team, probably a pretty good one. Lebron not on the Cavs and they are mediocre. Might still make the playoffs because the East is the East. Think of it this way, which team wins a 7 game series. GS without Curry or CLE without Lebron? A lot of people consider Thompson and Green top 10 players. That makes three top 10 players in your starting 5.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean last season Lebron carried the finals to 6 games basically by himself.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feeling or vibe that I get when people like him are sucking Lebron's dick is that they are looking at Lebron and how athletic and healthy his body is. The problem with that is that his mental portion of the game is not the best in the NBA and I think I am saying it all to kindly. Right now I believe Curry has the smartest mind in the NBA - No two ways about it and no dis-respect who pointed out himself that Curry's numbers demonstrated that he was the best.

Nah, it's the same thing that happened when the transition from Lebron to Kobe happened. Some Lakers fans and the Kobe kids all kept trying to say that Kobe was still the best player for at least 2 years after Lebron had clearly moved past him. Now the Cavs fans and Lebroniacs (most of whom were bashing those Lakers fans and Kobe kids) are starting to do the same thing.

That's just how it works. The fans of the guy who is being replaced try to hang on to him being the best player for a good couple of seasons after it's no longer true.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean last season Lebron carried the finals to 6 games basically by himself.

No he didn't. This is what cracks me up. People try to be on both sides of it. When we're talking about the Cavs as a team or when folks are trying to build up the Cavs role players (or justify TT's contract)...we hear all about the heroics of Delly, TT, Shump, JR, etc.

But then when people want to try and build Lebron up, it's "Gee, but Lebron extended that series to 6 games all by himself."

Either Lebron carried the team by himself or the role players all stepped up. By definition, it can't be both.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. This is what cracks me up. People try to be on both sides of it. When we're talking about the Cavs as a team or when folks are trying to build up the Cavs role players (or justify TT's contract)...we hear all about the heroics of Delly, TT, Shump, JR, etc.

But then when people want to try and build Lebron up, it's "Gee, but Lebron extended that series to 6 games all by himself."

Either Lebron carried the team by himself or the role players all stepped up. By definition, it can't be both.
If that's you're only quip with what is said then that's fine. Lebron is a more valuable player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's you're only quip with what is said then that's fine. Lebron is a more valuable player.

Oh, I agree that Lebron is more valuable to his team than Curry. In fact, I think I was the first one on this thread who agreed with Lebron that it's about the interpretation of the word valuable. I even listed 4 players who are more valuable to their team than Curry is to the Warriors.

I just think it's hilarious how folks try to be on both sides of the argument.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree that Lebron is more valuable to his team than Curry. In fact, I think I was the first one on this thread who agreed with Lebron that it's about the interpretation of the word valuable. I even listed 4 players who are more valuable to their team than Curry is to the Warriors.

I just think it's hilarious how folks try to be on both sides of the argument.
I don't think I was on both sides.