• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lebron crying about mvp

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys think if Draymond and Klay were out last year and the Cavs were fully healthy that Curry gets 2 Finals games pretty much by himself and gets MVP consideration ON THE LOSING TEAM? lol

yah- i dont think so either.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because 70% of this board are Lakers and Heat fans.

I'm intrigued why there were no Cavs fans on this board up until 2 years ago.

Remember when us Lakers fans were telling Cavs fans that LeBitch was going to leave and none of them wanted to believe it just like when we told Heat fans that LeBitch was going to leave and go back to the Cavs. At least the Heat fans for the most part stuck around once he left Miami as for the Cavs fans they left then came back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Lebron and am always up for a good Lebron bashing. But this is a reach.

First of all, he was asked a question. In the sound bite I heard on the radio this morning, the reporter asked him about the debate over what constitutes "most valuable." It's not like he called a presser to tell everyone how they should interpret the word value.

Second, he's right. It is about the interpretation of the word value.

Imo, the NBA needs to have 2 awards. Player of the Year and Most Valuable Player. There is no question that Steph Curry was player of the year this year. I also think there's no question that several players are more valuable to their team than Steph Curry is to the Warriors.

Sometimes, the MVP and POY are the same guy and sometimes, like this year, they're not.

Just off the top of my head, I'd say that Lebron, Lillard, CP3 and PG13 were all more valuable to their teams than Curry. But no player in the league was better than Curry.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll be a huge improvement over his 2014/15 average of 26 points a game in the finals against the Cavs.

Yeah, it was a sarcastic post. Just saying Lebron motivating the MVP more.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a basketball fan, but whenever I venture over to the NBA threads, I'm always intrigued how the most ardent Lebron detractors are typically Lakers and Heat fans.

In your opinion, why do you think that is?

Welcome to the Thunder Dome!!!!

th?id=OIP.M8808a0f2c34b7f477df41ff9dffd5ea6o0&w=315&h=175&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Lebron and am always up for a good Lebron bashing. But this is a reach.

First of all, he was asked a question. In the sound bite I heard on the radio this morning, the reporter asked him about the debate over what constitutes "most valuable."

Second, he's right. It is about the interpretation of the word value.

Imo, the NBA needs to have 2 awards. Player of the Year and Most Valuable Player. There is no question that Steph Curry was player of the year this year. I also think there's no question that several players are more valuable to their team than Steph Curry is to the Warriors.

Just off the top of my head, I'd say that Lebron, Lillard, CP3 and PG13 were all more valuable to their teams than Curry. But no player in the league was better than Curry.
Drops-Mic-640x336.jpg

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand is that when I talk with knowledgeable, unbiased folks about the two players, they say they'd rather have James, yet people are saying that Curry is the best player in the game.

If you believe that Lebron would have more success on shitty teams than Curry would, and/or, you would pick Lebron over Curry, how is Curry the unquestioned best player in the game? Just seems counter-intuitive to me. Can you explain?
I would take Curry, but that's just me. Lebron seems closer to be heading downward, while Curry is approaching his prime. I don't begrudge anyone for still taking Lebron however. He's still great, and I think some would say that Lebron is the more overall player based upon his defense. However, I think that he's still good, but I DON'T think he's still THAT guy anymore on defense. Imo, Lebron was like Darelle Revis at one point in time. You could stick him out on an island on the other teams best player, and that would be IT. I still think that some still view him as THAT guy, but I think he's declined, although he's not a slouch AT ALL. For Curry, he's not exactly a stopper on defense, but he's no revolving door on defense as well. I'd take that trade off, if I can get the ridiculous stuff that he does on offense. The guy is doing things that I would never think is possible, and that's no hyperbole on my part.

Reactions: LAD

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Curry, but that's just me. Lebron seems closer to be heading downward, while Curry is approaching his prime. I don't begrudge anyone for still taking Lebron however. He's still great, and I think some would say that Lebron is the more overall player based upon his defense. However, I think that he's still good, but I DON'T think he's still THAT guy anymore on defense. Imo, Lebron was like Darelle Revis at one point in time. You could stick him out on an island on the other teams best player, and that would be IT. I still think that some still view him as THAT guy, but I think he's declined, although he's not a slouch AT ALL. For Curry, he's not exactly a stopper on defense, but he's no revolving door on defense as well. I'd take that trade off, if I can get the ridiculous stuff that he does on offense. The guy is doing things that I would never think is possible, and that's no hyperbole on my part.

Noted. I appreciate your response.

Seems like you've backed off the 'Curry is unquestionably the best player' bit pretty significantly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand is that when I talk with knowledgeable, unbiased folks about the two players, they say they'd rather have James, yet people are saying that Curry is the best player in the game.

If you believe that Lebron would have more success on shitty teams than Curry would, and/or, you would pick Lebron over Curry, how is Curry the unquestioned best player in the game? Just seems counter-intuitive to me. Can you explain?

To me, it depends. If we are talking about where they are at this moment in their careers, I'm taking Curry. Lebron is still a great player, but he is just beginning to exit his prime years. Curry, on the other hand, has just entered his prime years.

However, if we are talking about each player in his prime...I'm taking Lebron.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to break up the hilariously wrong narrative... but you guys have all been trolled by ESPN.

Try watching the entire interview instead of the snippets of video and quotes that ESPN gives you.

A reporter specifically asked LeBron... "What do you think about the different interpretations of 'most valuable player'."

So he answered the question... then went out of his way to bring the conversation back to Curry and point out how clearly deserving of the award Curry was...

"Look at Steph's numbers. He averaged 30, he led the league in steals, he was 90-50-40, and they won 73. So, I don't -- do you have any debate over that, really, when it comes to that award?"
Listen, they were baiting him with that question. Why would someone think that would be a good question to ask a fellow competitor of that accolade-one who finished 3rd in the voting but has also won multiple times in the past? He should've recognize the bait and just focused his answer on Steph being deserving and left it alone. It would've been better for his image.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it depends. If we are talking about where they are at this moment in their careers, I'm taking Curry. Lebron is still a great player, but he is just beginning to exit his prime years. Curry, on the other hand, has just entered his prime years.

However, if we are talking about each player in his prime...I'm taking Lebron.

I can understand that distinction, but it is using a caveat. You would go with Curry now only because he's presumably has more excellent basketball ahead of him.

That doesn't address who is better right now, or even next season. The fact that the folks who pick Curry base it on the perceived locations of the players on their respective career arcs leads me to believe that Curry isn't as hands down the best player in the league as some people suggest.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this definitely motivates Bron. Will he stop crying tho? Doubtful

And don't count out the Thunder or Spurs just yet.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted. I appreciate your response.

Seems like you've backed off the 'Curry is unquestionably the best player' bit pretty significantly.
I still think so, but by unquestionably I mean that he's definitely THE guy at the moment, BUT it's not like he's wayy up HERE, and the rest of the league is so far behind

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that distinction, but it is using a caveat. You would go with Curry now only because he's presumably has more excellent basketball ahead of him.

That doesn't address who is better right now, or even next season. The fact that the folks who pick Curry base it on the perceived locations of the players on their respective career arcs leads me to believe that Curry isn't as hands down the best player in the league as some people suggest.

Thought I was pretty clear. Curry is the best player in the game right now, so I'd take him.

However, prime Lebron is better than prime Curry, imo. So, if we're talking both in their prime, I'm taking Lebron.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA has had this problem for ever. MVP, best player and offensive player of the year are all different.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm slow.

Noted, but I have a feeling that you're being disingenuous.

Not being disingenuous at all. Curry is the best player in the game, Lebron no longer is, so I'd take Curry. Ask again in about 4 years and it will likely be someone else.

Each "best in the game" level player only has a window of 4-6 years where he is the best in the game, then it transitions to the next guy. The exception to this would be MJ who was the best for about 8-9 years. But that's part of why he's GOAT.

In the last decade or so, we saw the "best player in the game" transition from Kobe to Lebron and now from Lebron to Steph Curry. In a few years, it will transition from Curry to someone else (hopefully someone on the Lakers :hope:).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being disingenuous at all. Curry is the best player in the game, Lebron no longer is, so I'd take Curry. Ask again in about 4 years and it will likely be someone else.

Each "best in the game" level player only has a window of 4-6 years where he is the best in the game, then it transitions to the next guy. The exception to this would be MJ who was the best for about 8-9 years. But that's part of why he's GOAT.

In the last decade or so, we saw the "best player in the game" transition from Kobe to Lebron and now from Lebron to Steph Curry. In a few years, it will transition from Curry to someone else (hopefully someone on the Lakers :hope:).
i thin you gotta be careful with that though

their was a lot bigger age difference between LeBron and Kobe...and unfortunately for Kobe he had some fairly troubling injury issues earlier on in his career which came to exacerbate his regression.

Curry is only about 3 years younger than LeBron- and has had far more serious injury issues than LeBron has ever had--- not only that- but with LeBron's size and ability to play multiple positions- he should without a doubt age more gracefully than Curry- as its a geeral rule that guards typically lose it earlier than big men.