• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lebron crying about mvp

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody but sad homer cleveland fans know that lebron is butthurt as fuck simply because he's not the best player in the league any more. You didn't hear him bitch in the past when he won it.

I'm not a basketball fan, but whenever I venture over to the NBA threads, I'm always intrigued how the most ardent Lebron detractors are typically Lakers and Heat fans.

In your opinion, why do you think that is?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a basketball fan, but whenever I venture over to the NBA threads, I'm always intrigued how the most ardent Lebron detractors are typically Lakers and Heat fans.

In your opinion, why do you think that is?

Maybe because 70% of this board are Lakers and Heat fans.

I'm intrigued why there were no Cavs fans on this board up until 2 years ago.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is just so unlikable. So much talent and size, but such a fucking bitch.:sadbron:

As a resident of Northeast Ohio, I'm aware of some truly amazing things that James has done for the community, most notably, he's offered to pay 1,100 kids' college tuition. That one is particularly impressive to me, but there are plenty of other examples.

Some how, this stuff never sticks with the media and I totally agree with you, he often comes across as a douche knuckle. That "The Decision" bit was such a colossal PR cluster fuck. Guy could have left the Cavs and the only people that would have given a shit would have been Ohioans. Instead, he turned the entire country into haters.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine that part of his personality stems from the neglect from his mom as a child. Most people don't realize childhood developments resurface in adulthood.

He's also managed by a high school friend of his, which I've always assumed has a fair amount to do with his douchey persona. I'm a bit older than they were, so I never met either of them, but know folks who went to school with them and I've been told Maverick was never particularly bright. I don't know if that's true or not - he's at least bright enough to be able to seeming permanently hitch his wagon to Lebron's start which has to be pretty lucrative. That said, it's pretty clear to me that Lebron needs a handler to coach him from a PR standpoint and I think a competent manager would have recognized that a LONG time ago.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the guy some slack. Not only is LeBron no longer the top player in the NBA today, he's not even the top player from Akron in the NBA today. Usually, when someone is dethroned as the best player, he can usually say he's still the best player from his state and hometown. Kind of crazy that he and Curry were born in the same hospital 39 months apart.

My hometown, the cradle of basketball excellence.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a damn about last finals? This years MVP award wasn't handed out to the best player of a playoff series last year

Everybody but sad homer cleveland fans know that lebron is butthurt as fuck simply because he's not the best player in the league any more. You didn't hear him bitch in the past when he won it.

He has 4 MVP's lol. Like I said, he was asked a question and answered. You are way to obsessed with Lebron, get over it :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the guy some slack. Not only is LeBron no longer the top player in the NBA today, he's not even the top player from Akron in the NBA today. Usually, when someone is dethroned as the best player, he can usually say he's still the best player from his state and hometown. Kind of crazy that he and Curry were born in the same hospital 39 months apart.

Currently, yes he isn't. Overall, Lebron is still the best player from his hometown and overall lol.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about what he said and I don't think he meant it as crying and he didn't say anything that every one else in the world hasn't thought at one time or another, so he does have a point

That's how I see it, particularly with his quote where he referenced Curry's stats - there's obviously some reverence there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 4 MVP's lol. Like I said, he was asked a question and answered. You are way to obsessed with Lebron, get over it :laugh3:

And you have your dick way to far up his ass! :L

For some reason I don't think you'd be defending him if he was still in Miami

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I see it, particularly with his quote where he referenced Curry's stats - there's obviously some reverence there.

Then why bring up the "true meaning of most valuable"? What's wrong with a 'Congratulations'?

I was a clear case of "Curry deserves it, but....."

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a resident of Northeast Ohio, I'm aware of some truly amazing things that James has done for the community, most notably, he's offered to pay 1,100 kids' college tuition. That one is particularly impressive to me, but there are plenty of other examples.

Some how, this stuff never sticks with the media and I totally agree with you, he often comes across as a douche knuckle. That "The Decision" bit was such a colossal PR cluster fuck. Guy could have left the Cavs and the only people that would have given a shit would have been Ohioans. Instead, he turned the entire country into haters.

That's cuz the Media are the biggest douche-knuckles of em' all.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why bring up the "true meaning of most valuable"? What's wrong with a 'Congratulations'?

I was a clear case of "Curry deserves it, but....."

I'm assuming he was asked directly, but don't know that. Neither do you.

I disagree with your read that it was a caveat.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always hated the he's not more valuable than someone else to his team argument because it's not an equal argument based upon the pieces, and coaching around the team. I mean I could spin this argument and say that the Cavs would still make the Finals w/o Lebron, whereas GS wouldn't without Steph, but once again that is based upon circumstances.
But that argument aside, the throne has been taken, Steph Curry is the unquestioned best player in the game. It is however quite strange to see accomplishments being argued IN Lebron's favor, instead of what's happening at the current time. Totally opposite dynamic from the old Kobe/Lebron argument days

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to break up the hilariously wrong narrative... but you guys have all been trolled by ESPN.

Try watching the entire interview instead of the snippets of video and quotes that ESPN gives you.

A reporter specifically asked LeBron... "What do you think about the different interpretations of 'most valuable player'."

So he answered the question... then went out of his way to bring the conversation back to Curry and point out how clearly deserving of the award Curry was...

"Look at Steph's numbers. He averaged 30, he led the league in steals, he was 90-50-40, and they won 73. So, I don't -- do you have any debate over that, really, when it comes to that award?"

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that argument aside, the throne has been taken, Steph Curry is the unquestioned best player in the game

What I don't understand is that when I talk with knowledgeable, unbiased folks about the two players, they say they'd rather have James, yet people are saying that Curry is the best player in the game.

If you believe that Lebron would have more success on shitty teams than Curry would, and/or, you would pick Lebron over Curry, how is Curry the unquestioned best player in the game? Just seems counter-intuitive to me. Can you explain?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to break up the hilariously wrong narrative... but you guys have all been trolled by ESPN.

Try watching the entire interview instead of the snippets of video and quotes that ESPN gives you.

A reporter specifically asked LeBron... "What do you think about the different interpretations of 'most valuable player'."

So he answered the question... then went out of his way to bring the conversation back to Curry and point out how clearly deserving of the award Curry was...

"Look at Steph's numbers. He averaged 30, he led the league in steals, he was 90-50-40, and they won 73. So, I don't -- do you have any debate over that, really, when it comes to that award?"

My word! Who would have ever guessed that would be the case?!

It's entirely possible that LeBron was asked specifically about "valuable" in an effort to lead him to provide an eye-catching headline.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personalities aside...who do you think is the best player in the league right now?
I gotta say- I still think its LeBron.

With his size, intelligence, skill set, he impacts the game in more ways than Curry. If I were to try and build a contending team around one player it would be a difficult choice but at the end of the day I just dont know how you cannot pick the 6' 8" 270 lbs. freight train that can do pretty much everything- play pretty much any position- and be a force on both sides of the ball.

Curry had a better regular season than LeBron. With how the NBA has given out the MVP award in its history- Curry deserved it- best player on the best team that broke all kinds of records.

give me LeBron though. LeBron can do everything and impacts the game more in my mind.