• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lebron crying about mvp

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is only bitching about it because he wants to win it himself. Take lebron away from the Cavs and they don't even make the playoffs, that's what he's trying to say just because he's not the best player in the league any more.

Once again, personal accolades are more important than winning.
More like, personal accolade is easier for him to have than winning. So he has no choice..

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I consider for MVP is Most Valuable Player on a contending team. Curry fits that definition for me. He may have a better squad around him but the level which the Warriors are at, they wouldn't be any where close to that level without Curry.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You give me a team to start from scratch, I am taking LeBron over Curry every time. LeBron with 4 scrubs translates to more wins than Curry with 4 scrubs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about what he said and I don't think he meant it as crying and he didn't say anything that every one else in the world hasn't thought at one time or another, so he does have a point

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- this is pretty much what the standard media cookie-cutter conversation is about the MVP every single year- right?

is it a "Player of the Year award"

or

is it a "Who is the Most Valuable"

like Mecca said- if someone wanted to say Steph is both- they might be right. He certainly was the ONLY choice for the Maurice Podoloff Trophy. Any other choice would have been ludicrous. Curry was the best player on a team that broke the NBA record for wins, 50/40/90, 400+ 3's etc. etc.

but- ill tell ya...

If you put LeBron on the Sixers or the Lakers or the Suns or the Kings or whatever other team that was no good last year...or you put Steph on the Sixers, Lakers, or the Suns or the Kings or whatever other team that was no good last year....

I think LeBron elevates those teams- gets more wins, advances farther than Steph does. Even if you disagree- which im sure some people that always get caught up in the next big thing will- to say that there is not at least a legit conversation would be pigheaded.

Steph needs the right system, the right support players etc. Hes a Ferrari. Little tempermental, high maintenance, but nothing owns the road quite like it. LeBron is a freaking hummer- it doesnt matter who or what is going on around him- what guys are around him- hes a freaking force of nature.

LeBron's success is much less dependent on his system, teammates, coaching whatever than Currys is. Im not saying thats a bad thing. Im just saying its true.

I will say- at this point- with how the Cavs are taking care of LeBron in his age 31 season- Curry DOES get a leg up for the amount of games he plays etc.

in summary---- based on how the NBA has given out the trophy in the course of its history- Steph Curry was without a doubt not only the winner- but the only logical choice..however- .the trophy is the Maurice Podoloff trophy given to the most "Valuable" player though. What is value if not how much you elevate your team?

Maybe you'll answer this time.
If he's on the Warriors this year minus Curry, are they winning 74+.
I say no.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You give me a team to start from scratch, I am taking LeBron over Curry every time. LeBron with 4 scrubs translates to more wins than Curry with 4 scrubs.
Big deal - I want championships - Lebron with four scrubs = Curry with four scrubs when counting championship titles and the number is a big fat zero every year.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Lebron didn't bring this up, when he was winning MVP's?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical situations don't have anything to do with who should be the MVP. Curry stood alone with his level of play and Lebron stood in a crowd this year. Plenty of other players that could be justified as the 2nd MVP under Curry.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I thought Kobe Bryant got screwed a few times, but you didn't see him crying about it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- this is pretty much what the standard media cookie-cutter conversation is about the MVP every single year- right?

is it a "Player of the Year award"

or

is it a "Who is the Most Valuable"

like Mecca said- if someone wanted to say Steph is both- they might be right. He certainly was the ONLY choice for the Maurice Podoloff Trophy. Any other choice would have been ludicrous. Curry was the best player on a team that broke the NBA record for wins, 50/40/90, 400+ 3's etc. etc.

but- ill tell ya...

If you put LeBron on the Sixers or the Lakers or the Suns or the Kings or whatever other team that was no good last year...or you put Steph on the Sixers, Lakers, or the Suns or the Kings or whatever other team that was no good last year....

I think LeBron elevates those teams- gets more wins, advances farther than Steph does. Even if you disagree- which im sure some people that always get caught up in the next big thing will- to say that there is not at least a legit conversation would be pigheaded.

Steph needs the right system, the right support players etc. Hes a Ferrari. Little tempermental, high maintenance, but nothing owns the road quite like it. LeBron is a freaking hummer- it doesnt matter who or what is going on around him- what guys are around him- hes a freaking force of nature.

LeBron's success is much less dependent on his system, teammates, coaching whatever than Currys is. Im not saying thats a bad thing. Im just saying its true.

I will say- at this point- with how the Cavs are taking care of LeBron in his age 31 season- Curry DOES get a leg up for the amount of games he plays etc.

in summary---- based on how the NBA has given out the trophy in the course of its history- Steph Curry was without a doubt not only the winner- but the only logical choice..however- .the trophy is the Maurice Podoloff trophy given to the most "Valuable" player though. What is value if not how much you elevate your team?
Tremendous post.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Lebron felt the same way during his 4 MVP's? Lol

Dude is so jealous of Steph Curry and just come off as a thin skinned bitch

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly this is another prime example as how butthurt lebron really is.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron's success is much less dependent on his system, teammates, coaching whatever than Currys is. Im not saying thats a bad thing.

I spent some time last week talking to a Missouri state championship winning HS basketball coach last year who pretty much said the same exact thing you just did.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's entirely possible that LeBron was asked specifically about "valuable" in an effort to lead him to provide an eye-catching headline.

Reading the link, the following bit makes me think this is much ado about nothing:
"Look at Steph's numbers," he [Lebron] said. "He averaged 30, he led the league in steals, he was 90-50-40 [shooting percentages from the free throw line, field and beyond the 3-point line], and they won 73 [games]. So, I don't -- do you have any debate over that, really, when it comes to that award? But when you talk about most 'valuable,' then you can have a different conversation. So take nothing away from him. He's definitely deserving of that award, for sure."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it because he's no longer the best player in the league?

We saw who was the best player last Finals. The difference between Lebron and Curry is this: you take the great or good players around Curry away from him and the team is average, you take the great to good players around Lebron around him and he wins and also wins 2 times against the world champions lol. So....most valuable player, makes perfect sense.

Or maybe he was just answering a question honestly that he was asked, ever think of that genius.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw who was the best player last Finals. The difference between Lebron and Curry is this: you take the great or good players around Curry away from him and the team is average, you take the great to good players around Lebron around him and he wins and also wins 2 times against the world champions lol. So....most valuable player, makes perfect sense.

Or maybe he was just answering a question honestly that he was asked, ever think of that genius.

Who gives a damn about last finals? This years MVP award wasn't handed out to the best player of a playoff series last year

Everybody but sad homer cleveland fans know that lebron is butthurt as fuck simply because he's not the best player in the league any more. You didn't hear him bitch in the past when he won it.