• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lebron crying about mvp

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I was on both sides.

You weren't as far as I know. Your comment just made me think about how talking about that series or when people say they aren't impressed with the Cavs role players, we get to hear all about their heroics in the finals.

But when the conversation switches to MVP or who the best player in the league is, we hear how Lebron extended the series to 6 games all by himself.

Last edited:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. This is what cracks me up. People try to be on both sides of it. When we're talking about the Cavs as a team or when folks are trying to build up the Cavs role players (or justify TT's contract)...we hear all about the heroics of Delly, TT, Shump, JR, etc.

But then when people want to try and build Lebron up, it's "Gee, but Lebron extended that series to 6 games all by himself."

Either Lebron carried the team by himself or the role players all stepped up. By definition, it can't be both.
I pretty much agree that the Tristan's rebounding, Mozgov's defense on Draymond, and Delly's defense(for like 1 and a 1/2 game) played much more of a role than they get credit for. I will say this however....I gained respect for Lebron because I never thought that he could take on the selfish role by trying to shoot his team to victory, but with that being said, what goes overlooked is that he took a GANG of shots to get those great numbers that he put up. Great numbers, but very ineffecient

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- this is pretty much what the standard media cookie-cutter conversation is about the MVP every single year- right?

is it a "Player of the Year award"

or

is it a "Who is the Most Valuable"

like Mecca said- if someone wanted to say Steph is both- they might be right. He certainly was the ONLY choice for the Maurice Podoloff Trophy. Any other choice would have been ludicrous. Curry was the best player on a team that broke the NBA record for wins, 50/40/90, 400+ 3's etc. etc.

but- ill tell ya...

If you put LeBron on the Sixers or the Lakers or the Suns or the Kings or whatever other team that was no good last year...or you put Steph on the Sixers, Lakers, or the Suns or the Kings or whatever other team that was no good last year....

I think LeBron elevates those teams- gets more wins, advances farther than Steph does. Even if you disagree- which im sure some people that always get caught up in the next big thing will- to say that there is not at least a legit conversation would be pigheaded.

Steph needs the right system, the right support players etc. Hes a Ferrari. Little tempermental, high maintenance, but nothing owns the road quite like it. LeBron is a freaking hummer- it doesnt matter who or what is going on around him- what guys are around him- hes a freaking force of nature.

LeBron's success is much less dependent on his system, teammates, coaching whatever than Currys is. Im not saying thats a bad thing. Im just saying its true.

I will say- at this point- with how the Cavs are taking care of LeBron in his age 31 season- Curry DOES get a leg up for the amount of games he plays etc.

in summary---- based on how the NBA has given out the trophy in the course of its history- Steph Curry was without a doubt not only the winner- but the only logical choice..however- .the trophy is the Maurice Podoloff trophy given to the most "Valuable" player though. What is value if not how much you elevate your team?

The key word here is 'media', players don't usually join in the conversation. I've certainly never heard a player analyze another player's stats. LeBron just seems to think his opinion on anything needs to be heard. Next we'll hear him explain proper bathroom etiquette. "Some people think a courtesy flush is polite but if we're talking about saving water, then we're having a different conversation".

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised by how many feelings have apparently been hurt by a guy answering a journalist's questions.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree that Lebron is more valuable to his team than Curry. In fact, I think I was the first one on this thread who agreed with Lebron that it's about the interpretation of the word valuable. I even listed 4 players who are more valuable to their team than Curry is to the Warriors.

I just think it's hilarious how folks try to be on both sides of the argument.

I don't think people disagree with Lebron. In fact, we have those same debatez on here about MVP vs MOP. The problem people had, was Lebron fell for the bait by the media. He came off as hating.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people on here are obsessed with him.

No shit. Honestly, when I first read your comment, I wasn't sure if you were talking about Lebron James or Wiggy, but you're right in either case.

Granted, I don't spend much time on these boards, but the stuff I've read from Wiggy, while it can come across as a little, well, overzealous and a bit biased, I wouldn't say he comes across as a complete homer.

These guys sure do love to jerk off to him, though.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people disagree with Lebron. In fact, we have those same debatez on here about MVP vs MOP. The problem people had, was Lebron fell for the bait by the media. He came off as hating.

I could see where some could think he came across as "hating" if they didn't actually hear the interview or even read the article, but taken in context, one would have to have a pretty gigantic vagina to take it as "hating."

That said, I did think about what you're saying, and to some extent agree. It might not be in a player's best interest to discuss anything with the media, lest their sound bites be chopped up and used out of context like they've done here.

The flip side of that is that we'd be left with the typical canned, cliché bullshit that we hear so much from athletes. "I like how he goes about his business," "gotta give 110% day in and day out," "at the end of the day..." yada, yada, yada.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never spoken to WiggyRuss.

Not even in the old world?

* Fannation*

In a honesty, I don't remember you talking to many in the NBA threads often, outside of me, Sugar and MMA.

So, it's possible.

Ps. Glad to see you in Basketball-land more often.

@Dolemite censored , @Win TWINS!!! need to follow suit.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bron is the best all around player.

But, Curry is the best player, sans the qualifying statement.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly - I think it's a worthless reward any way.

Not when you consider the fact that guys get a healthy bonus when receiving personal accolades.

The Brow is a perfect example.

This is not chump change.

No player has as much riding on this season's All-NBA selections as Anthony Davis.

The New Orleans Pelicans power forward is in the fourth and final year of his rookie contract, and the end-of-season distinction represents his last opportunity to trigger the "Derrick RoseRule" - a provision in the collective bargaining agreement that kicks in if a player accomplishes one of the following while on his rookie deal:

• Wins MVP
  • Voted an All-Star starter twice
  • Voted to any of the three All-NBA teams twice
Davis has only been named an All-Star starter once, and with Steph Curry's second consecutive MVP award all but wrapped up with a bow, Davis needs a second All-NBA nod (he was named to the first team last year) to earn the bonus.

Under the "Rose Rule," a player coming off a rookie deal becomes eligible to make up to 30 percent of the league's salary cap (instead of 25 percent) on his next contract, which in Davis' case - given current cap projections - means a bump of approximately $24 million, for a grand total of $145 million over five years.

Davis, despite the huge financial stakes, is trying not to think too much about it.

"It's a contract. It's a contract. Twenty-four million dollars ... they give out that for (full) contracts," Davis - whose rookie deal will indeed pay him a shade under $24 million - toldESPN's Justin Verrier. "Can't control it. You just got to control what you can control, and that's what's on the floor.

"One hundred twenty-five million is still a lot of money ... a lot of damn money. But there's nothing you can do about it. Just go out there and play and see how it pans out."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So people on here and in the media discussing it is okay, but Lebron saying the exact same thing comes off as hating, even though his point is legit and we agree with it?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people on here are obsessed with him.

No shit. Honestly, when I first read your comment, I wasn't sure if you were talking about Lebron James or Wiggy, but you're right in either case.

Granted, I don't spend much time on these boards, but the stuff I've read from Wiggy, while it can come across as a little, well, overzealous and a bit biased, I wouldn't say he comes across as a complete homer.

These guys sure do love to jerk off to him, though.

I find these statements hilarious.

Lebron is one of, if not the, biggest stars in the NBA. Of course people are going to talk about him. But for some, if a poster says anything that is considered "anti-Lebron" they are "obsessed with him." Yet, others posting ad nauseum about how awesome he is...are somehow not obsessed with him.

Then, of course, we have the poster who openly admits to not being on the NBA boards much, but feels like they can tell those who are, all about what they "jerk off to."

Reactions: LAD

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find these statements hilarious.

Lebron is one of, if not the, biggest stars in the NBA. Of course people are going to talk about him. But for some, if a poster says anything that is considered "anti-Lebron" they are "obsessed with him." Yet, others posting ad nauseum about how awesome he is...are somehow not obsessed with him.

Then, of course, we have the poster who openly admits to not being on the NBA boards much, but feels like they can tell those who are, all about what they "jerk off to."

I would say that someone posting ad nauseam about Lebron in a positive or negative way would be obsessed.

As far as what you guys jerk off to, it's just an observation. If that's not the case, so be it, but from an outside perspective it certainly seems that way. Maybe it's one of those cases where you get so entrenched in something, you don't realize what it is until you step away and see it from another perspective.

Reactions: LAD