• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Pull Out Of Talks For Davis

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not enough to sign two max guys, you need $65-70M. Isn't possible even at $118 cap
Well you're going to need to decide which guys you want to keep but there's no need to make that decision now and certainly no need to get rid of ALL of them now . You can keep 1-2 of the young guys via bird and still get 2 max guys . You just can't do it in one year . Even if you eat up 105M of your 120 million cap you can bird Ingram and stretch the cap to 140-145M if you're willing to pay the tax. That would leave you about 15M to fill out the roster with Kuzma, Wagner and Hart still under rookie deals and a mid level exception left to use . If Ingram demands max money you ship him but you don't need to do it now

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think they are pushing to get AD now? They want to win now, maybe not this year but definitely next year. They aren't waiting till Lebron's 3rd or 4th year in L.A. lolzzz
They're not winning now no matter what they do so if they want to blow up the future to maybe make a WC finals I'd say that's pretty shortsighted

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're going to need to decide which guys you want to keep but there's no need to make that decision now and certainly no need to get rid of ALL of them now . You can keep 1-2 of the young guys via bird and still get 2 max guys . You just can't do it in one year . Even if you eat up 105M of your 120 million cap you can bird Ingram and stretch the cap to 140-145M if you're willing to pay the tax. That would leave you about 15M to fill out the roster with Kuzma, Wagner and Hart still under rookie deals and a mid level exception left to use . If Ingram demands max money you ship him but you don't need to do it now

You can't stretch the cap with a newly acquired FA like your plan was to get one this summer, then the next summer. You won't be able to do that in 2020, that's not how it works. You could stretch the cap with a player already on the roster like Ingram, Ball or a FA signed under the cap in 2019.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't stretch the cap with a newly acquired FA like your plan was to get one this summer, then the next summer. You won't be able to do that in 2020, that's not how it works. You could stretch the cap with a player already on the roster like Ingram, Ball or a FA signed under the cap in 2019.
You'd be stretching it with Ingram not with the FA. You'd just have to wait to resign Ingram til after you maxed AD. If Ingram gets maxed somewhere else you let him walk . Better to let him walk than trade all of the young guys for a guy you can get anyway .

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean its just simple arithmetic that he is consciously deciding to ignore.

If it was possible, I would be the first to tell him, but its just not realistic.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's no point next year really . If you think you can sign AD after 2020 then you sit tight . The only teams who may trade for him are teams looking to win now on a rental but no one is foolish enough to give up the farm for a rental . People keep bringing up PG but he's an anomaly . Most guys traded in their last year before FA leave
What I said was - if the Lakers don't get him now, then I think he is gone for good and you can count him gone. I seriously doubt that the Lakers can get him this summer. Considering that the Pelicans have already accused the Lakers via LeBron of player tampering - I seriously doubt that they are going to trade anything to the Lakers other then a dog turd. I think they got pissed that LeBron told Davis to demand a trade and quite frankly I don't blame them.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said was - if the Lakers don't get him now, then I think he is gone for good and you can count him gone. I seriously doubt that the Lakers can get him this summer. Considering that the Pelicans have already accused the Lakers via LeBron of player tampering - I seriously doubt that they are going to trade anything to the Lakers other then a dog turd. I think they got pissed that LeBron told Davis to demand a trade and quite frankly I don't blame them.
Sure I don't expect him via trade but no one can stop him from coming to LA if it's really what he wants

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I don't expect him via trade but no one can stop him from coming to LA if it's really what he wants
I think he would be a great player to acquire in 2020 - by that time, LeBron will most likely be almost done in Los Angeles and Magic could be promising him the keys to the franchise. In all likelihood, I think the LeBron experiment blows up by then. I have a hard time seeing LeBron continuing his quest of wanting coaches fired, players traded and Magic Johnson kissing his ass.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be a great player to acquire in 2020 - by that time, LeBron will most likely be almost done in Los Angeles and Magic could be promising him the keys to the franchise. In all likelihood, I think the LeBron experiment blows up by then. I have a hard time seeing LeBron continuing his quest of wanting coaches fired, players traded and Magic Johnson kissing his ass.
The reality is LBJ has no real leverage right now . He's signed for 4 years . Anything magic does for him is a favor not a concession

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is LBJ has no real leverage right now . He's signed for 4 years . Anything magic does for him is a favor not a concession
I heard today that in Miami he took days off to pout and to force the issues he was wanting

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PELICANS called up Boston and wanted some guarantees if they wait till this summer for a trade but the only guarantee Boston gave them is that no player will be untouchable

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PELICANS called up Boston and wanted some guarantees if they wait till this summer for a trade but the only guarantee Boston gave them is that no player will be untouchable
Boston isn't trading Tatum unless AD is extended first and they're not giving up all those picks without that either . Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bumbling idiot

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston isn't trading Tatum unless AD is extended first and they're not giving up all those picks without that either . Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bumbling idiot
If you're Boston, I dont think Irving is an option either because he has a player option and can walk away and frankly I think he will get better offers. So What Boston is not telling New Orleans is that Boston must have Tatum, Irving and Davis for the trade to happen and The Pelicans needs and wants a player like Irving coming back. I just dont see The Pelicans getting better offers then what the Lakers have offered. None are in the Irving level or even close but they can be flipped

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're Boston, I dont think Irving is an option either because he has a player option and can walk away and frankly I think he will get better offers. So What Boston is not telling New Orleans is that Boston must have Tatum, Irving and Davis for the trade to happen and The Pelicans needs and wants a player like Irving coming back. I just dont see The Pelicans getting better offers then what the Lakers have offered. None are in the Irving level or even close but they can be flipped
The clips have a lot of picks to offer now but no assets otherwise . Knicks are interesting it the pels already turned down Porzingis so what the hell else could they want ? Sounds like NO is really hoping and praying here ( on Ainge to be an idiot ) but nothing in his track record suggests he's going to do so. If anything he's the guy who takes advantage of people not the other way around

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clips have a lot of picks to offer now but no assets otherwise . Knicks are interesting it the pels already turned down Porzingis so what the hell else could they want ? Sounds like NO is really hoping and praying here ( on Ainge to be an idiot ) but nothing in his track record suggests he's going to do so. If anything he's the guy who takes advantage of people not the other way around
Well, I know according to RealGm that Boston assured the Pelicans that no one would be off limits, but of course other teams are going to try to push the Lakers out of the bidding by telling them to wait - That doesn't mean the shitty ass Spurs or the Pissy Celtics have the Pelicans best interest in heart

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I know according to RealGm that Boston assured the Pelicans that no one would be off limits, but of course other teams are going to try to push the Lakers out of the bidding by telling them to wait - That doesn't mean the shitty ass Spurs or the Pissy Celtics have the Pelicans best interest in heart
Well the Cs probably would trade Tatum and picks for AD if they can extend him but if you're AD and there's no Tatum , no Kyrie and no picks how is Boston much different from NO? It's not . So you're not going to extend. AD holds all the cards here IF he's willing to be patient .

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any offer involving Tatum is better than has been offered so far.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving can’t get better offers than what Boston is allowed to offer. And he’s stepped his game up to be absolutely worth it