• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Pull Out Of Talks For Davis

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't if the W's max out Klay unless they traded for AD. Draymond and Iggy would be off the books so possible. I think he goes somewhere way before 2021 and signs long-term
I'd like to see some way they could swing it and I wouldn't put it past them but I realize the chances are slim. Davis would certainly fit right in with their style of play but I guess he'd fit in with a lot of teams

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans was playing Magic Johnson - they had zero intentions of doing a trade which is thee smartest move - but the offers this summer from the Lakers or any team will not be nearly as much. They will be offered less in quantity, but will most likely get offered one player that is better then what the Lakers have to offer - and they will most likely get one or two first round draft picks - but no team is going to be willing to give them 4 first round draft picks and 4 second rounds. That would be stupid
That's laughable. So this summer, Magic says "ok, you made me wait, take less". The Pels say "Fuck you, Boston it is". Magics responds..."take it all"...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans was playing Magic Johnson - they had zero intentions of doing a trade which is thee smartest move - but the offers this summer from the Lakers or any team will not be nearly as much. They will be offered less in quantity, but will most likely get offered one player that is better then what the Lakers have to offer - and they will most likely get one or two first round draft picks - but no team is going to be willing to give them 4 first round draft picks and 4 second rounds. That would be stupid
Anyone that trades and elite player for a 1 year rental deserves what they get . I PRAY the Celtics are dumb enough to trade Tatum and picks for 1 year of AD. Please God let that happen .

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's laughable. So this summer, Magic says "ok, you made me wait, take less". The Pels say "Fuck you, Boston it is". Magics responds..."take it all"...
The only reason to make this trade now if you're LA is to use LBJ and AD to entice another elite guy this off-season . If it pushes into the summer you don't need to make the trade if you're LA. Just go sign another max guy, jerp your young core and sign AD next year. At that point you're basically daring a team to trade away big assets for what could be a rental . Sure it'd be nice to get AD but they don't need him . Any 2 nax guys with LBJ and the young core will be able to compete for a title

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason to make this trade now if you're LA is to use LBJ and AD to entice another elite guy this off-season . If it pushes into the summer you don't need to make the trade if you're LA. Just go sign another max guy, jerp your young core and sign AD next year. At that point you're basically daring a team to trade away big assets for what could be a rental . Sure it'd be nice to get AD but they don't need him . Any 2 nax guys with LBJ and the young core will be able to compete for a title
What two Max guys? No one wants to play with LBJ. George and Leonard were sure things to the Lakers...or so the Lakers thought

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is a wonderful player and he'd be magic with Lebron but some of the offers I've seen for him seem more than fair. Better the Pelicans accept 1 of them than lose Davis for nothing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What two Max guys? No one wants to play with LBJ. George and Leonard were sure things to the Lakers...or so the Lakers thought
Well no one wanted to play in cleveland that's for sure . But LA aint Cleveland . Leonard hasn't been a FA yet so we will see

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leonard still could be. His actual decision that he can control is this summer. Same situation as AD, teams don't want to trade big with the Lakers.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is a wonderful player and he'd be magic with Lebron but some of the offers I've seen for him seem more than fair. Better the Pelicans accept 1 of them than lose Davis for nothing.
No need to worry... absolutely no chance the Pelicans lose Davis for nothing.

Davis will be traded this offseason for a package that is at least commensurate with what the Lakers have offered.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Boston offers Tatum and a decent surrounding package this summer, it's Boston anyway. By then, maybe AD and his agent are much more firm in not re-signing with Boston, or maybe they acquiesce. Who knows?

By the way, you do realize Magic isn't the GM, right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please explain to me how that works

how you add 2 max guys and have the young core ANd LeBron.

dude, the math just does not work.

esp. because ingram and Kuzma are going to be up for extensions at some point in the next year 2 years

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

esp. because ingram and Kuzma are going to be up for extensions at some point in the next year 2 years

It doesn't. Much of the young core has to be traded for one of the 2 max (or close) guys.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boston offers Tatum and a decent surrounding package this summer, it's Boston anyway. By then, maybe AD and his agent are much more firm in not re-signing with Boston, or maybe they acquiesce. Who knows?

If I was Boston- and had my Kyrie commitment- i take the gamble.

I take the gamble that Davis is not leaving Kyrie and a good young core, and millions upon millions of dollars to go play with a 35 year old LeBron.

but we shall see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't get me wrong, I really want the green to get AD, but realistically they are not a player until Thursday night. Lakers will pull this out

If you had asked me on Monday, I would have said that I think there's a good chance this gets done before the deadline. Now, I don't think it's going to happen.

Unless the Pels are just grandstanding so they can make it look like they didn't just give in to the Lakers, they are negotiating in a way that indicates they aren't really negotiating.

At this point, I think the Lakers could offer Lebron, Kuzma and picks and the Pels would ask for more.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO, yeah right, I'm sure Magic isn't 100% calling the shots...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers overplayed their hand with PG. They seem to have learned their lesson.

We don't know what Kawhi is going to do yet. He didn't choose to go to Toronto. He was traded there because there was no way Pop was trading him to the Lakers.

I have yet to see any quote from any player saying that they don't want to play with Lebron.

It may or may not be true. But we don't know because no one has said it. At least not that I've heard.

In fact, Kyrie just said recently that he wouldn't mind reuniting with Lebron.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had asked me on Monday, I would have said that I think there's a good chance this gets done before the deadline. Now, I don't think it's going to happen.

Unless the Pels are just grandstanding so they can make it look like they didn't just give in to the Lakers, they are negotiating in a way that indicates they aren't really negotiating.

At this point, I think the Lakers could offer Lebron, Kuzma and picks and the Pels would ask for more.
You make it seem like the Pel's are just being pig-headed.

The Pel's are doing exactly what they should do: demanding a whole heck of a lot because they have the leverage (they have low risk as Davis likely has just as much value if not more this summer) and the Lakers know they have to get a deal done now because their position weakens considerably in the offseason.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're the Lakers and you just pay the luxury tax? It's the same way Philly is going to be able to have Embiid , Butler , Harris and still extend Sinmons. Cap only matters to poor teams

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the Lakers and you just pay the luxury tax? It's the same way Philly is going to be able to have Embiid , Butler , Harris and still extend Sinmons. Cap only matters to poor teams
you just cant go over the cap to sign free agents. you already have to have them on your team and own their Bird rights.