• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Pull Out Of Talks For Davis

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I know according to RealGm that Boston assured the Pelicans that no one would be off limits, but of course other teams are going to try to push the Lakers out of the bidding by telling them to wait - That doesn't mean the shitty ass Spurs or the Pissy Celtics have the Pelicans best interest in heart

Tatum could be on the table.

But if you want him the picks available could be different. Etc

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum could be on the table.

But if you want him the picks available could be different. Etc

Tatum, Jalen Brown and two 1st from Memphis and Sacremento and possibly the Clippers first.

The Lakers on the other hand have a tremendous amount of internal healing to do. LeBron's comments and demands to ownership to give up anyone and everyone to get Davis pissed off his 'team mates', if you want to be so brave as to call them that. Several have said that they want nothing more to do with an old man in his waning days. This is the kind of thing that takes a massive efort to overcome.

As far as the lakers trade offers go.........If the Pelicans trade Davis to the Lakers, their first round picks go from the mid to late teens to the mid to late twenties and possibly in the 30s. Those picks are totally useless if you're trying to rebuild a team. That and the pelicans are going to fire the GM so they ain't leettin' him do anything.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum, Jalen Brown and two 1st from Memphis and Sacremento and possibly the Clippers first.

The Lakers on the other hand have a tremendous amount of internal healing to do. LeBron's comments and demands to ownership to give up anyone and everyone to get Davis pissed off his 'team mates', if you want to be so brave as to call them that. Several have said that they want nothing more to do with an old man in his waning days. This is the kind of thing that takes a massive efort to overcome.

As far as the lakers trade offers go.........If the Pelicans trade Davis to the Lakers, their first round picks go from the mid to late teens to the mid to late twenties and possibly in the 30s. Those picks are totally useless if you're trying to rebuild a team. That and the pelicans are going to fire the GM so they ain't leettin' him do anything.

That is way more than any other team can offer. And it's really not even close. It'll be interesting to see if they can agree to a deal before the draft so that NO can make that pick at the Sacto slot.

Otherwise it may not be on the table.

I'm kinda hoping it's Bol Bol lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is way more than any other team can offer. And it's really not even close. It'll be interesting to see if they can agree to a deal before the draft so that NO can make that pick at the Sacto slot.

Otherwise it may not be on the table.

I'm kinda hoping it's Bol Bol lol

Davis is reportedly now focused on the 2020 free agency, since the trade demands aren't going his way. Celtics will have to do a lot of convincing...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is reportedly now focused on the 2020 free agency, since the trade demands aren't going his way. Celtics will have to do a lot of convincing...

Well NO supposedly turned down

Ball
Ingram
Kuz
Hart
Zubac
2 firsts

for

Brow.

I'm not sure if the Celtics will top that come July for someone who won't commit long term.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the C's give up both Tatum and Brown in any potential trade with the Pel's. It'll either be:
  • Tatum and a surrounding package that is relatively less
  • Brown and a surrounding package that is relatively more

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very similar story to what went down with Garnett.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well NO supposedly turned down

Ball
Ingram
Kuz
Hart
Zubac
2 firsts

for

Brow.

I'm not sure if the Celtics will top that come July for someone who won't commit long term.
i'd rather have Tatum, the Sacto pick and Rozier than the Lakers offer

i think thats a very reasonable offer by the Celtics as well.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will be. It’s Thursday night and Danny is now in control.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving can’t get better offers than what Boston is allowed to offer. And he’s stepped his game up to be absolutely worth it
If you are Boston, I think you need him to stay, if. You decide to trade, then he will opt out and be a free agent and it wouldn't surprise me if he does that any way and that would hurt Bostons ability to deal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are Boston, I think you need him to stay, if. You decide to trade, then he will opt out and be a free agent and it wouldn't surprise me if he does that any way and that would hurt Bostons ability to deal
it will be interesting

at the end of the day it will be Davis' decision.

I am sure Paul will try and get him to leave- but what if the Lakers spend their cap room this summer? Then LA is not an option. Where does he go?

are hte Lakers really going to punt on using their cap room another off season?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one can offer Irving a better deal.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really.

Davis would have to leave an unprecedented amount of money on the table to get traded to Boston and then walk to another team in free agency.

$50M more in guaranteed money does a lot of convincing all by itself.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Davis would have to leave an unprecedented amount of money on the table to get traded to Boston and then walk to another team in free agency.

No. Boston can’t offer him the Super max. So it wouldn’t be unprecedented money.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKER
it will be interesting

at the end of the day it will be Davis' decision.

I am sure Paul will try and get him to leave- but what if the Lakers spend their cap room this summer? Then LA is not an option. Where does he go?

are hte Lakers really going to punt on using their cap room another off season?
With the Davis trade Lakers still had 30 million to spare and still do

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKER

With the Davis trade Lakers still had 30 million to spare and still do
common sense brah

if they dont trade for him- and try and sign him- then the contracts that are going out- like Ball, ingram, kuzma, etc. wont be going out

there is no way in hell they can sign a a max free agent htis offseason and still have cap room to sign davis the following year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Boston can’t offer him the Super max. So it wouldn’t be unprecedented money.
they cant offer him the huge super max but they can still offer him the Bird rights max which would be quite a bit more than anyone else if they traded for him

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can offer Irving a better deal.
The Lakers can offer him 5 years guarantee, the $$$$ as allowed by the CBA and another run to the finals. That's not bad, but I dont think Irving is interested in reconnecting with LeBron. I think he was cleaning up some unfinished business

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers can offer him 5 years guarantee, the $$$$ as allowed by the CBA and another run to the finals. That's not bad, but I dont think Irving is interested in reconnecting with LeBron. I think he was cleaning up some unfinished business
Lakers cant offer him 5 years