• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Rebuild Rankings

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had any sense of history, you would know that there won't be much of a gap between Lebron leaving/retiring and the next star coming to LA. The Lakers have rarely been built from the draft. The previous lottery pick before Randle was Bynum. Even when they were built from the draft, they were via trades with other teams' draft picks (Magic, Worthy, Kobe).

If Lebron leaves in 2024 to join Bronny (if Bronny is in the 2024 draft and not acquired by the Lakers), Lebron's player option for 2024 is right around the draft date (not yet set in late June). He will likely need a trade to get to whichever team to keep his salary level, which would bring back significant value in return for a $50M contract.
Again, who will that star be? I'll wait. The fact that you can't come up with an answer is a sign you're living in fantasy and not reality.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers add Jordan Clarkson: "Yay, they can sign anyone!"

Grizzlies add Jordan Clarkson: "No one better than him wants to play in Memphis."

If it's a massive double standard one way, it's a massive double standard the other way as well.

It's the same tired double standard that's been in effect on this board since 2014. When really, we only have one player of evidence to this (Who else, LeBron)...

New material for God's sake, please.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, who will that star be? I'll wait. The fact that you can't come up with an answer is a sign you're living in fantasy and not reality.

You're expecting an answer locked in years in advance? Depends on who emerges on the roster before then. Plenty of guys scheduled to be free agents in 2025 (when Lebron is a free agent ,as well as AD): George, Kawhi, Ingram, Murray, Cunningham, Green, Mobley, Barnes, Suggs, Giddey, etc.
All that doesn't matter if Lebron is traded in 2024 to play with Bronny, as that salary is replaced with pieces/picks from wherever he ends up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers add Jordan Clarkson: "Yay, they can sign anyone!"

Grizzlies add Jordan Clarkson: "No one better than him wants to play in Memphis."

If it's a massive double standard one way, it's a massive double standard the other way as well.

It's the same tired double standard that's been in effect on this board since 2014. When really, we only have one player of evidence to this (Who else, LeBron)...

New material for God's sake, please.

You're the only one mentioning Clarkson lol.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you think people can see 4 seasons from now but you are some soothsayer knowitall about basketball just shows us how big your ego really is. You don't even rank in the top 10 on this board in basketball knowledge but you act like you are some ESPN pundit. Get over yourself.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you think people can see 4 seasons from now but you are some soothsayer knowitall about basketball just shows us how big your ego really is. You don't even rank in the top 10 on this board in basketball knowledge but you act like you are some ESPN pundit. Get over yourself.
:violin:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're expecting an answer locked in years in advance? Depends on who emerges on the roster before then. Plenty of guys scheduled to be free agents in 2025 (when Lebron is a free agent ,as well as AD): George, Kawhi, Ingram, Murray, Cunningham, Green, Mobley, Barnes, Suggs, Giddey, etc.
All that doesn't matter if Lebron is traded in 2024 to play with Bronny, as that salary is replaced with pieces/picks from wherever he ends up.
Yeah good luck with a LeBron trade. 38 years old he's never been traded. He's always dictated his own destination. He won't change that now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good luck with a LeBron trade. 38 years old he's never been traded. He's always dictated his own destination. He won't change that now.

You might want to check your facts. Nobody is saying he won't dictate his destination.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, if you’re convinced the Lakers are going to land a max free agent within the next three offseasons, then why don’t you tell me who it’s going to be…

Ja Morant? Also under contract through 2027. Donovan Mitchell? Will be close to 30 by that point and at that age will be nothing more than a bandaid addition anyway.

There is no plausible player that makes sense at the moment. The whole “destination city” concept is overstated one because players of that caliber generally didn’t change teams (unless by trade) prior to LeBron’s 2010 shenanigans.
Generally dont change teams and very rarely become available.

Even for a "destination" city like the Lakers- its about a once in a 20 year thing where the need, cap space, availability, and FA desire all line up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had any sense of history, you would know that there won't be much of a gap between Lebron leaving/retiring and the next star coming to LA. The Lakers have rarely been built from the draft. The previous lottery pick before Randle was Bynum. Even when they were built from the draft, they were via trades with other teams' draft picks (Magic, Worthy, Kobe).

If Lebron leaves in 2024 to join Bronny (if Bronny is in the 2024 draft and not acquired by the Lakers), Lebron's player option for 2024 is right around the draft date (not yet set in late June). He will likely need a trade to get to whichever team to keep his salary level, which would bring back significant value in return for a $50M contract.
if you had any sense of history you would see that there have been 2 big free agent signings by the Lakers in the past 30-40 years.....LeBron and Shaq.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you can keep Giddey out of your mouth.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

The overall IQ of this site goes up considerably every time you log off.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you had any sense of history you would see that there have been 2 big free agent signings by the Lakers in the past 30-40 years.....LeBron and Shaq.

And if you had any sense of history, you'd see that most of the time they are re-signing their own big free agents.

You don't have to sign another big FA if you already have your own to sign.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I see you have chosen to be mocked.

Not the choice I would have made...but you do your thing.
You're not really even saying anything, dude. Yes, Pelinka did his due diligence adding Dlo and Vando. But, Ainge made it all possible by moving three guys for a single pick.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you had any sense of history, you'd see that most of the time they are re-signing their own big free agents.

You don't have to sign another big FA if you already have your own to sign.
:wtf:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check that: Ainge traded a total of four players and two seconds for the Lakers' 2027 first.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not really even saying anything, dude. Yes, Pelinka did his due diligence adding Dlo and Vando. But, Ainge made it all possible by moving three guys for a single pick.

Again with the stupid.

Don't tag me again until you grow up or at least have more than 1 brain cell to work with.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with the stupid.

Don't tag me again until you grow up or at least have more than 1 brain cell to work with.
If you think you know more then prove it. Let's hear your side of the story, assuming you have one (unlikely)...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think you know more then prove it. Let's hear your side of the story, assuming you have one (unlikely)...

Nah, you have already shown that you're too stupid to have an actual discussion with.

So, what I'm going to do instead, is continue to clown you.