• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Rebuild Rankings

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? No all-stars this year.

The Magic roster as a whole is farther along with more young talent. Banchero is the real deal, adding to Wagner, Anthony, Suggs, Bol, etc. Someday, Isaac might even play lol.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) OKC - They'll run the league soon as Sam Presti is best in the business at stockpiling picks and making the most of them. SGA is a superstar.

2) Pacers - Tyrese Haliburton is as good as it gets for his age at making guys around him better. Would like a more modernized FO, though. Add Dillon Brooks and they'll beat the Nuggets in the 2024 finals.

3) Jazz - So far so good in the Ainge regime. The 2027 Lakers pick ought to be a good one as LeBron will be 43 and likely long gone from the team anyway. Still worth questioning if Ainge regrets making the Lakers better in the short term.

4) Orlando - He didn't have much competition for ROY, but would like to see more efficiency out of Banchero. Still a lot of raw talent on this team to work around.

5) Detroit - Unless they get Wemby their rebuild has been an utter waste of time.
I must admit I’m confused by your tactics, so I’m going to keep acting tough, until I figure it out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part has nothing to do with the Pacers or Nuggets.

After 20 years it should be clear as daylight that LeBron is the attraction wherever he goes. Without him, there's no AD in LA. AD all but admitted this himself when he said he'd "follow that mf'er to ten more finals."

Not one word of this does anything to answer the post you quoted.

As for AD, you have no idea if he'd have come to the Lakers w/out Lebron. Him saying he'd follow him to 10 more finals doesn't mean he wouldn't have come to the Lakers if Lebron wasn't there.

What, unsurprisingly, went over your head is the fact that LA is a destination city and the Lakers are a destination franchise. Denver, the Nuggets, Indianapolis and the Pacers are not.

That gives the Lakers rebuild options that most other teams don't have.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-OKC

2-Orlando

3-Utah

4-Det

5-Indy

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one word of this does anything to answer the post you quoted.

As for AD, you have no idea if he'd have come to the Lakers w/out Lebron. Him saying he'd follow him to 10 more finals doesn't mean he wouldn't have come to the Lakers if Lebron wasn't there.

What, unsurprisingly, went over your head is the fact that LA is a destination city and the Lakers are a destination franchise. Denver, the Nuggets, Indianapolis and the Pacers are not.

That gives the Lakers rebuild options that most other teams don't have.
Alright, if you’re convinced the Lakers are going to land a max free agent within the next three offseasons, then why don’t you tell me who it’s going to be…

Ja Morant? Also under contract through 2027. Donovan Mitchell? Will be close to 30 by that point and at that age will be nothing more than a bandaid addition anyway.

There is no plausible player that makes sense at the moment. The whole “destination city” concept is overstated one because players of that caliber generally didn’t change teams (unless by trade) prior to LeBron’s 2010 shenanigans.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Magic roster as a whole is farther along with more young talent. Banchero is the real deal, adding to Wagner, Anthony, Suggs, Bol, etc. Someday, Isaac might even play lol.
The same Bol the Nuggets gave away for a month and a half of Bryn Forbes? Most those guys you mentioned make Jerry Stackhouse look like an efficient shooter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, if you’re convinced the Lakers are going to land a max free agent within the next three offseasons, then why don’t you tell me who it’s going to be…

Ja Morant? Also under contract through 2027. Donovan Mitchell? Will be close to 30 by that point and at that age will be nothing more than a bandaid addition anyway.

There is no plausible player that makes sense at the moment. The whole “destination city” concept is overstated one because players of that caliber generally didn’t change teams (unless by trade) prior to LeBron’s 2010 shenanigans.

I didn't say they would land a max free agent in the next 3 years. I said that LA is a destination city and the Lakers are a destination franchise, so your claim about 2027 was based on your ridiculous biases and didn't take into account the cap space they'll have or where they are located.

Here's a small piece of advice...learn some objectivity and how to see past your biases. Just because you don't like a player or team, doesn't mean that you can't acknowledge how good that player or team is. For example, as a Lakers fan...I hate the Celtics, but I can still acknowledge that they're a very good team and the favorite to come out of the East.

Heck, @Mecca probably hates the Lakers more than anyone else on here and can acknowledge that they're a good team.

Learn to do that and you'll get clowned a lot less on here.

As for which max level FA they might get...I have no idea. I haven't even looked at who is going to be available. My only concerns are with the current roster and the only FA's I'm concerned about are the ones currently on the roster, as I think that this coming off season the Lakers priority should be bringing back as many of them as they possibly can.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they would land a max free agent in the next 3 years. I said that LA is a destination city and the Lakers are a destination franchise, so your claim about 2027 was based on your ridiculous biases and didn't take into account the cap space they'll have or where they are located.

Here's a small piece of advice...learn some objectivity and how to see past your biases. Just because you don't like a player or team, doesn't mean that you can't acknowledge how good that player or team is. For example, as a Lakers fan...I hate the Celtics, but I can still acknowledge that they're a very good team and the favorite to come out of the East.

Heck, @Mecca probably hates the Lakers more than anyone else on here and can acknowledge that they're a good team.

Learn to do that and you'll get clowned a lot less on here.

As for which max level FA they might get...I have no idea. I haven't even looked at who is going to be available. My only concerns are with the current roster and the only FA's I'm concerned about are the ones currently on the roster, as I think that this coming off season the Lakers priority should be bringing back as many of them as they possibly can.
Dude. If you read the OP it clearly reads that Ainge made the Lakers better at the trade deadline. In other words, yes, they're a good team.

Them being a destination city is literally you're only argument for why the Lakers will still be good in 2027. That would require them actually landing someone of significance between now and 2026, which you clearly have no answer for.

DLo, Rui, Vanderbilt, and Reaves are fine and all, but they'll ultimately need something else in order to remain in contention once LeBron goes to play with his children.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. If you read the OP it clearly reads that Ainge made the Lakers better at the trade deadline.

See this sentence right here?

Read this sentence and tell me why you're going to get clowned for it.

Then I'll read the rest of your post.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same Bol the Nuggets gave away for a month and a half of Bryn Forbes? Most those guys you mentioned make Jerry Stackhouse look like an efficient shooter.

You latched on to the last guy on the list lol. We all know Bol was a big story early this year as he finally emerged with playing time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. If you read the OP it clearly reads that Ainge made the Lakers better at the trade deadline. In other words, yes, they're a good team.

Them being a destination city is literally you're only argument for why the Lakers will still be good in 2027. That would require them actually landing someone of significance between now and 2026, which you clearly have no answer for.

DLo, Rui, Vanderbilt, and Reaves are fine and all, but they'll ultimately need something else in order to remain in contention once LeBron goes to play with his children.

If you had any sense of history, you would know that there won't be much of a gap between Lebron leaving/retiring and the next star coming to LA. The Lakers have rarely been built from the draft. The previous lottery pick before Randle was Bynum. Even when they were built from the draft, they were via trades with other teams' draft picks (Magic, Worthy, Kobe).

If Lebron leaves in 2024 to join Bronny (if Bronny is in the 2024 draft and not acquired by the Lakers), Lebron's player option for 2024 is right around the draft date (not yet set in late June). He will likely need a trade to get to whichever team to keep his salary level, which would bring back significant value in return for a $50M contract.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this sentence right here?

Read this sentence and tell me why you're going to get clowned for it.

Then I'll read the rest of your post.
He did make them better by handing them three players for a single pick. Nothing false about it.