• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving=Westbrook

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu, I appreciate your sense of humor. Also nice to see that you put the Celtics avatar on. It confused the shit out of us when you had all of this Ohio teams, but weren't a Cavs fan.

Dude, I got banned, BEFORE MAKING MY FIRST POST, for having a Suns, Clippers and Knicks avatar when I joined.

:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Curry and Westbrook were 23- both guys had serious question marks about them brought up by the typical haters out there that just dont realize there is a big difference when you are 23 and finally starting to figure things out- and when you are 26-27 and in the very PRIME of your career.

At 23 no one would have guessed Curry would be a top 5 or even top 10 player- let alone an MVP....with respect certain idi..errghh..people thought that RW And Durant would NEVER fit and they should trade RW for 10 cents on the dollar for pieces that "fit" better--- sound familair? what a DISASTER it would have been for those guys teams for them to trade those guys.....At 23- Curry and RW were both probably around top 15-25 players--- but only broke into that top 10 and now eventually that top 5 once they hit their primes- sound familiar?

If the Cavs give up on Kyrie with his talent- they will end up kicking themselves 2-3 years from now when Kyrie takes that next natural step- which guys just do when they enter their primes years.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know he DIDN WIN pre-Bron.

We know the Cavs didn't win more than 34 games with him as the best player in a weak East.

So, I don't think I'm being harsh by saying he should be honored to be mentioned in the same breath as Iverson because Philly actually reached the Finals with Iverson and a bunch of shrubs.

Ps. Look at what Dame is doing in Portland.

That's exactly why I say Dame > Kyrie as well.

Scrubs in philly? Iguodala is a scrub?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wins by themselves, but LeBron is the rare talent that could make any roster a 50 win team overnight.

Kyrie is a nice player, but he does not impact the game in enough different ways to be more than that. it takes dynamic 2 way players to truly elevate a roster. Kyrie will never be that guy. He is a nice piece for the right situation, just playing alongside LeBron is not it.

What other players now make a team a 50 win team right away??

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs give up on Kyrie with his talent- they will end up kicking themselves 2-3 years from now when Kyrie takes that next natural step- which guys just do when they enter their primes years.

Maybe... maybe not. I remember back a few years when Curry was starting to step up, what pg did he meet in that first round that played him nearly to a standstill. Oh yeah, Ty Lawson the other obvious up and coming PG. How bad does Denver feel that they let him go just before he takes the next natural step as he's now entering his prime years?

It's tough to say... Irving could take that next step... Or he could max out like a young Lawson, Eric Gordon (remember him playing point and putting up 22 a game???), or maybe this is just his peak a-la Ricky Rubio.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe... maybe not. I remember back a few years when Curry was starting to step up, what pg did he meet in that first round that played him nearly to a standstill. Oh yeah, Ty Lawson the other obvious up and coming PG. How bad does Denver feel that they let him go just before he takes the next natural step as he's now entering his prime years?

It's tough to say... Irving could take that next step... Or he could max out like a young Lawson, Eric Gordon (remember him playing point and putting up 22 a game???), or maybe this is just his peak a-la Ricky Rubio.
i mean if your gonna compare Kyrie Irving to Ty Lawson i dont think were on NEARLY the same page here.......an undersized alcoholic that went like 25th in the draft compared to a #1 overall pick thats made 3 all stars team in his first 5 years.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrubs in philly? Iguodala is a scrub?

Iggy wasn't on that team that Iverson reached the finals with, neither was Barkley or Dr J or Wilt or Dolph Schayes.

Their top 3 minutes guys after AI were George Lynch, Aaron McKie, and Tyrone Hill. Followed by Ratliff and Snow..

Their 2nd leading scorer going into the playoffs was a 34 year old Dikembe Mutombo (before they traded for him, Theo Ratliff was their #2 scoring option). That should never be a #2 scoring option. In the playoffs Todd MacCulloch was #2 in points per minute after AI for them.

I think that was the only team ever to make an NBA finals with only 1 player who averaged double digit scoring over his career. It was crazy how they built that team... Put all Defense around AI and he gets the entire load on offense. And it nearly worked. One of the best times a player has carried a team on half the floor. It was funny how bad that offense was... These guys were scoring 8-12 points a game there, and the second they went elsewhere they were 3-4 point a game guys.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if your gonna compare Kyrie Irving to Ty Lawson i dont think were on NEARLY the same page here.......an undersized alcoholic that went like 25th in the draft compared to a #1 overall pick thats made 3 all stars team in his first 5 years.

A lot closer than your comparison of Curry (injury prone, 14 a game player with bad ankles) or Westbrook at 23 (coming off his 3rd straight playoff run)...

I guess Rose or Brandon Roy would be the closer comparison you are looking for with that 3 all-stars in 5 years?

All I am saying Lawson went into that post-season and played straight up against Steph Curry a few years ago and was something like 23-8 in that playoff series against him. You bring up the alcohol with Ty.. Yup, that's something that showed up after..

Just saying guys don't always go the way you think they will project to go, and making that assumption is wrong.

Not saying I think they should move him for peanuts, but hopefully he can turn things around a bit in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other players now make a team a 50 win team right away??

I honestly think Lebron is the only player can you can add to any roster and they'll automatically win 50 games.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Wiggy says the're deep, especially since they have the world beater in Kyrie Irving. #rolling

On pace for a 22 win season in the 15 games Lebron hasn't played. You can THINK they would be better than that if Lebron wasn't there, but that's what they are in reality when he isn't there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue my boy Steph but they won't believe until he leaves the warriors and goes to the hornets or bucks or something like that

Exactly and IMO, Steph needs a certain type of players around him to elevate a bad team to 50+ wins

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue my boy Steph but they won't believe until he leaves the warriors and goes to the hornets or bucks or something like that

Thankfully for you, that will never happen.

Curry is fantastic and is easily my favorite player to watch right now, but he does not impact the game in as many ways as James does. I don't think the 6ers win 40 with Curry, but they get 50 with LeBron.

Curry's coachability and willingness to play team ball make Curry the better player for a good team, but I just can't seeing him elevate a bad team the way that LeBron could.