• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving=Westbrook

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he's attempted 36 shots since his last assist

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is early, but sometimes the MIAMI formula of putting together a BIG 3 isn't always going to work.

I still think it will work, and Cleveland will find themselves in the Mix late in May/June.

But, there are so many diffrences....

Wade and Bosh were very competent defenders. Bosh is still not bad today.
They could rely on their defensive skills to help carry them until they figured out the offensive style and pecking order.

Spoelstra was young. But, he had been with the organization as an understudy for many years. He even had a playoff series under his belt.
The Cavs coach is brand new to the Cavs, the NBA, and his players.

Lebron is older and arguably less hungry now that he has had some success.
That is tough to quantify, but it typicall happens

I still think they win 50+ games and are a factor.
But, it will be a lot different than Miami's immediate eastern domination.

Agree 100% with everything in this post. I would also add that Wade and Bosh were veteran players and understood what they would be sacrificing in order to get rings. Wade had even more experience with it having already won a championship sharing the spotlight with Shaq.

I'd also add that Spoelstra had the backing of Pat Riley which went along way towards helping him establish some credibility with the players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he's attempted 36 shots since his last assist

Yeah, on Dan Patrick today they said he hasn't had an assist in the last 7 quarters. I wonder what the NBA record is (if such records are even kept) for consecutive quarters without an assist by a starting PG?

Dan Patrick also called him a points guard.:lol:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who's looking better WITHOUT Kevin Love? :whistle:

Ricky Rubio :nod:

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, on Dan Patrick today they said he hasn't had an assist in the last 7 quarters. I wonder what the NBA record is (if such records are even kept) for consecutive quarters without an assist by a starting PG?

Dan Patrick also called him a points guard.:lol:
Lebron is the only one on that team that consistently tries to get others involved. The whole team only had 6 assists last night and 4 of those were from Lebron which half of came late in the game. They play to much me-me basketball.

Meanwhile Utah had 26 assists and won.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blatt doesn't know what the hell he's doing either. Clueless about his rotations. Waiters was already a bitch so I can imagine the pouting he did when he got benched

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the only one on that team that consistently tries to get others involved. The whole team only had 6 assists last night and 4 of those were from Lebron which half of came late in the game. They play to much me-me basketball.

Meanwhile Utah had 26 assists and won.

Yep and that's often the problem with these young guys. They're trying to "get theirs" and establish their "brand" and it often gets in the way of the team concept.

As much as I'm not a fan of Lebron, I kind of feel for him in this situation. He's got to be feeling a bit like a middle school teacher right now dealing with these kids.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it starts

Kyrie & LeBron had an exchange following the Portland game about kyrie being a ball hog

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it starts

Kyrie & LeBron had an exchange following the Portland game about kyrie being a ball hog

It didn't do any good with the little knucklehead because the next game in Utah he had 0 assists.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron: "You just can't explain [the low assist totals]. There's no way you're going to win a basketball game like that, just having six assists. ... We just can't win like that and we got to figure out a way to help each other and not make it so tough."

^^
Pretty much what I was saying last night during the game. They weren't helping each other.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45 minutes and no assists from your point guard? I gotta agree with James here. You cannot win that way.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They asked Kyrie about the lack of assists, and he said he didn't see a problem with it.

Let's keep something in mind here......Kyrie didn't ASK for them to go out and get Lebron or anybody else. He was the MAN on that team.....and he probably still thinks he is. He's showing the world that he is NOT willing to defer or sacrifice "his game" for anybody.

He was jacking shots, without a single pass, with Lebron and Love both wide open while he played 1 on 3.

This team is going to have to have a come to Jesus meeting, and soon. Or someone's going to get traded. Lebron has that much clout, Kyrie will see his ass on the trading block if this continues.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They asked Kyrie about the lack of assists, and he said he didn't see a problem with it.

Let's keep something in mind here......Kyrie didn't ASK for them to go out and get Lebron or anybody else. He was the MAN on that team.....and he probably still thinks he is. He's showing the world that he is NOT willing to defer or sacrifice "his game" for anybody.

He was jacking shots, without a single pass, with Lebron and Love both wide open while he played 1 on 3.

This team is going to have to have a come to Jesus meeting, and soon. Or someone's going to get traded. Lebron has that much clout, Kyrie will see his ass on the trading block if this continues.

Kyrie to Phoenix please! We need more PG depth :lol:

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie hasn't played a full season of ball since high school. So he will probably be hurt soon and Lebron will take over the PG duties and the Cavs will be better off.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is the problem. Who cares if Irving didn't ask the team to bring in James; that'snnone of his business. he was "the Man" as you put it on an awful team. Big deal! If he wants to win, which is what every professional athlete is paid to do, he needs to adjust his game to fit in with the current strengths of the team.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still. 0 assist to 23 shots? From your PG? That's awful

Oh wait LeBron makes everyone better I thought. Bosh looks better without him thats for sure. Bandwagon Heat fans that bashed Bosh should all admitt they were wrong. Hayward>James. Just saying.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the problem. Who cares if Irving didn't ask the team to bring in James; that'snnone of his business. he was "the Man" as you put it on an awful team. Big deal! If he wants to win, which is what every professional athlete is paid to do, he needs to adjust his game to fit in with the current strengths of the team.

Getting him to realize that may be the biggest issue facing the Cavs......well, him and Waiters. Both could end up getting shipped out of town.

The fact ANY professional player would tell reporters he doesn't see a problem with his TEAM only having 6 assists is really, REALLY bad