• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'23 Bears record & NFCN predictions

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a little early with this, but I'm not gonna be around for a couple of weeks starting this Sunday and sadly will miss the first two games of the season. So I figured I might as well jump the gun a bit and get the conversation going with predictions for our beloved Bears. And while at it, also toss in the predictions for the Norris as well.

Going into the preseason, I kinda had a floor of 5 and a ceiling of 10 wins. Lately I've been hovering around the 7-8 mark, and after watching/reading as much as possible, I'm going with 7 wins. I think the Bears are without question an improved team and I like a lot of what Poles has done to transform the roster as it presently stands, along with laying the foundation for a competitive group in the coming seasons. I just don't think this is the year yet. Hopefully, we'll be in the thick of things in most games and I expect our total point differential after 17 games to be relatively narrow. As for the Norris:

Lions 11-6
Vikings 9-8
Bears 7-10
Packers 7-10

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it... but I'm sort of sick of the Lions talk. Dan Campbell is fun and all. However, they're totally unproven, their QB is still the forever mediocre Jared Goff, and they're the damn Lions. Expectations comes before their downfall every time, it seems.

Okay...

*GULP*

I've been dancing around this and playing it safe for a while. But I'm done. This team has a lot of talent. Even if Fields stays healthy and is just SLIGHTLY improved as a passer. We can win 9-10 games.

I don't think much of our division. I have been a MASSIVE critic, but I think Fields can take more than just slight step. I think he can break out. Packers ride Love to an up/down season. Vikings don't get the bounce in EVERY single game and see regression in that area - fall back into mediocrity. Lions disappoint, mostly.

Bears 12-5
Lions 8-9
Vikings 8-9
Packers 7-10

Call me a homer, but this is the EXACT same feeling I had before 2018. This team is good when you look over the roster. The culture seems headed in the right direction. I think this will be a fun season.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it... but I'm sort of sick of the Lions talk. Dan Campbell is fun and all. However, they're totally unproven, their QB is still the forever mediocre Jared Goff, and they're the damn Lions. Expectations comes before their downfall every time, it seems.

Okay...

*GULP*

I've been dancing around this and playing it safe for a while. But I'm done. This team has a lot of talent. Even if Fields stays healthy and is just SLIGHTLY improved as a passer. We can win 9-10 games.

I don't think much of our division. I have been a MASSIVE critic, but I think Fields can take more than just slight step. I think he can break out. Packers ride Love to an up/down season. Vikings don't get the bounce in EVERY single game and see regression in that area - fall back into mediocrity. Lions disappoint, mostly.

Bears 12-5
Lions 8-9
Vikings 8-9
Packers 7-10

Call me a homer, but this is the EXACT same feeling I had before 2018. This team is good when you look over the roster. The culture seems headed in the right direction. I think this will be a fun season.
That’s the absolute best case scenario. I think our defense is beatable. I have doubts on the DLine, but I expect good play from the linebackers and secondary.

It all hinges on fields. I don’t know if he’s the passer we need, but hopefully I’m wrong.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provided they stay healthy the Bears have a good secondary and linebacker crew. They can cover and I think they generate a good amount of turnovers there. I also believe the run defense will be much improved. The question is can they generate consistent pressure. If they can the defense can be in the top half of the league. If they can’t they will struggle at times.

On offense there’s a lot to like. The backfield has depth. Their top 4 receivers are good. They have very capable tight ends. All the questions are on the line and if Fields can progress as a passer. I think he can. I think he will. And I think that makes this Bears team a 7-11 win team with the 7 being if they can’t stay healthy and the 11 being a best case scenario with some luck thrown in. A mostly softer schedule helps.

I agree with Rich on the Lions. There’s talent all over that roster but Goff is beatable. Very beatable. They gotta prove it.

The Packers will go as far as Love can develop and take them. I think he struggles enough that they miss the playoffs.

And Minnesota is looking towards a retooling after this season due to the cap and contracts they need to resign. Gotta believe it’s Cousins last season in purple. But the offense could still be really good, maybe just good enough for a quick playoff choke.

Vikings 12-5
Bears 10-7
Lions 8-9
Packers 6-11

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the absolute best case scenario. I think our defense is beatable. I have doubts on the DLine, but I expect good play from the linebackers and secondary.

It all hinges on fields. I don’t know if he’s the passer we need, but hopefully I’m wrong.
Our pass rush leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully Ngakoue gives them a boost for the 10ish sacks he's usually good for and then a young guy or two can step up. However, I love our LB's and DB's.

I just don't look at anyone in our division and think their roster is better. And not a single team has a QB to be afraid of. Does that include us? Of course. However, I think it's fair to say that our QB has the most upside this season.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm a little more tempered with my hopes for the Bears this season. I really don't see them winning more than 6 games. The oline and dline are their glaring weaknesses, and these will prove to be problematic as the season, and injuries, progress.

Lions 11-6
Minnesota 10-7
Packers 9-8
Bears 6-11

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sh*t...Even with a weak division and cupcake schedule I'd be blown away if we found double digit wins. 6-7 wins. Maybe 8 if the Packers completely sh*t the bed.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a little early with this, but I'm not gonna be around for a couple of weeks starting this Sunday and sadly will miss the first two games of the season. So I figured I might as well jump the gun a bit and get the conversation going with predictions for our beloved Bears. And while at it, also toss in the predictions for the Norris as well.

Going into the preseason, I kinda had a floor of 5 and a ceiling of 10 wins. Lately I've been hovering around the 7-8 mark, and after watching/reading as much as possible, I'm going with 7 wins. I think the Bears are without question an improved team and I like a lot of what Poles has done to transform the roster as it presently stands, along with laying the foundation for a competitive group in the coming seasons. I just don't think this is the year yet. Hopefully, we'll be in the thick of things in most games and I expect our total point differential after 17 games to be relatively narrow. As for the Norris:

Lions 11-6
Vikings 9-8
Bears 7-10
Packers 7-10
I'm just going to second your predictions. Pretty much identical to my own.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass rush leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully Ngakoue gives them a boost for the 10ish sacks he's usually good for and then a young guy or two can step up. However, I love our LB's and DB's.

I just don't look at anyone in our division and think their roster is better. And not a single team has a QB to be afraid of. Does that include us? Of course. However, I think it's fair to say that our QB has the most upside this season.

Goff and Cousins continually put up 4k yards passing. Consistent QB production can't be overlooked in determining how a sh*t division will probably end up.

As far as "a QB to be afraid of." Quarterbacks not getting over the hump has to be taken with a grain of salt during the Brady/Mahomes era. Every team's QB perception is f*cked because of those 2 guys.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to second your predictions. Pretty much identical to my own.

F*ck that Sh*t Pickle...You ride that homer 13-4 Vikings prediction into the goddamn sunset baby.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff and Cousins continually put up 4k yards passing. Consistent QB production can't be overlooked in determining how a sh*t division will probably end up.

As far as "a QB to be afraid of." Quarterbacks not getting over the hump has to be taken with a grain of salt during the Brady/Mahomes era. Every team's QB perception is f*cked because of those 2 guys.
Wouldn't trust Cousins as far as I could throw him. Even with all those weapons for the last few years, nothing doing in the playoffs. Meh. Last year was a bit of a fluke. No way was that team as good as their record.

Goff? Another, meh. What might hold Detroit up is their D.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't trust Cousins as far as I could throw him. Even with all those weapons for the last few years, nothing doing in the playoffs. Meh. Last year was a bit of a fluke. No way was that team as good as their record.

Goff? Another, meh. What might hold Detroit up is their D.

We're kinda spoiled in our viewpoint of Cousins because every time we saw him he was getting mauled by our (once formidable) pass rush. Since we no longer have that pass rush, he's going to feast on us. 600+ yards passing over our two games vs them is probably already in the books. You won't even realize it until you look at the box score...but it will be that way.

I guess we'll find out about Goff. Detroit is riding a Euphoria similar to us in 2019...Sexy pick...Has some good pieces...Could do damage. But it's Detroit so I guess we'll find out.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough year to predict.......it was pretty simple last season,but not so much this year.....

I can see 8 to 10 wins and us finishing better than GB.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have as much confidence as you guys.
Unless the defense improves, we are gonna have to outscore a lot offenses that ranked in the top half of the league in both yards and scoring.

The bright spot is we play against (I believe) 5 QB who have 4 or less career starts.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have seen this but it is making the social media rounds:

Teams to lose 12 straight games while surrendering 25+ points every game in NFL history:
  • Chicago Bears 2022,2023
End of list.

Ugh. :sigh: :L

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first two games, it looks like 4-5 wins is more likely. 6 would be amazing at this point. Just too much wrong with this team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions 11-6
Vikings 9-8
Bears 7-10
Packers 7-10
How sad to say the Bears record was the only one I predicted accurately.:L