• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G65 33-20-11 Kings @ Blues 3/13/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late post, been a busy day but game time is at 430 so 15 minutes.

Blues are fighting for a PO spot, they are 8 points behind the Kings and Vegas for WC2. Kings are PD3 by way of points percentage but they could fall to WC2 as well based on what's going on in the division. The Blues are going on a 4 game homestand so this is an important stretch of games for them, I expect them to play hard. Bennington in net, he's a hot head, crash the net and get under his skin. Former Kings 1st round pick Schenn and Robert Thomas on their L1, Thomas is a great player and Schenn plays heavy hockey.

Talbot in net, most likely going with the same line combos as Monday which means Arty Retardy will be scratched. Interesting comments from Jill, when asked about that he said "coach's decision". I don't think a guy can get any more worse than he has played this season, but that sure sounds to me he didn't have a good practice. I'm going ro assume he's unhappy (as he should be) and it's translating everywhere from practice to game time. We are seeing the last days of this guy, I guarantee it.

It's going to be throwback night kind of, Kings wearing the chevron alternate and chrome domes, Blues wearing that ugly ass 1996 jersey when Gretzky was traded to St. Louis. Almost takes me back to "The Dark Years" but both teams have won Cups since those days obviously.

Prediction: Kings win 3-2. Kopitar, PLD and Spence.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blues are in PO mode already, looks like they are gonna hit everything

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings goalied a few times early, they gotta poke Binnington and get him heated

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennington looks sharp, Blues do not. Kings taking it to the net, need more of that. Hang around the crease ans Binnington will eventually lose his cool.

Fiala took a hit there, trademark Schenn. Hope he's OK. Looks like it but you never know.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes...50' no screen wrist shot. That one needs to be stopped.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster missing his man on that second goal, pucks skidding off their sticks, Binnington has been nothing short of solid. Hoping they don't get goalied here tonight.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta rattle Binnington if they want to get in this game

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Saad was still in the league. Lights out, great tip in. Parayko took over that rush and made all that happen.

Not a good way to start the road trip.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or dont and just wait for the nail, i dont think they even touched him all game.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stong goal by cantplay, stood tall

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He struggled all night handling that puck, curious if that hand/wrist/arm/finger injury is still hampering him. He lost it ao.many times, flubbed passes, just seemed off.

Good thing he's big and strong and was able to get position in front and hammer that home.

I think PLD had a strong game, Laferriere too but way too many passengers tonight otherwise. Need a better effort next game up, they throw some stinkers like this around and they'll find themselves out of the PO picture real fast.

Blues played a very strong game sans the first period, the Kings needed to cash in on some of those chances they got in the first and this would have been a different game.

Their team shooting percentage has been below average for several months now, I know they say the odds will flip but I'm starting to believe they just don't look for quality shots vs quantity shots. Lot of pucks go straight into goalie logos or low percentage shots from the outside or points.

Need to be selective but also not look for the perfect play every time, everything needs to be funneled to the middle however and taken into high danger areas. Besides PLD and Kempe, I didn't see other guys going into the hard areas. Look at Hayes, he went right to the middle, high slot and forced Talbot to make a really good glove save.

A guy as big as Buster should be getting mail there he should be there so often for example.