• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons @ Bears

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As disjointed as it is, in there somewhere is a fairly valid point. Many of the games have that same feel, and much of that is due to the lulls the offense habitually goes through, after hot starts, and much of THAT is as he stated....the offense does great until the defense adjusts and we just seem super slow to adjust to their adjustment, often not even at all.

Yeah and after an 0-4 start they are 7-5 since.

There's so much of this team that is complete shit. At the same time there's just enough talent to beat teams worse than they are and hang around with some teams that are better. They're closer personnel wise than they are far away.

Imagine if the coaching staff was a complete pile of shit that gets in the way of winning games. This team realistically could have contended for the division this year.

So while there are some wins that don't feel great....there's some evidence to show the future, given the fuckwads in power don't shit the bed, could be good.
And I'll also agree, that the Bears are in a precarious spot coming into the draft. Mind you, it's a great problem to have, but it is still a tricky spot. Fields played good today, but there are still a lot of question marks.

I would be willing to bet that if you asked the other 31 GMs in the league they would jump at the chance to be Ryan Poles right now. You have some really solid cornerstone pieces to your franchise. Provided you sign JJ...you have Moore, Kmet, a solid backfield no matter what you do this offseason, probably 3/5 of your Oline in good position, a rising defense with Sweat, Billings, Dexter, Edmunds, Edwards, Sanborn, Brisker, Gordon, Stephenson. You're looking at adding a pass rusher and probably replacing EJax. You have the QB decision to make but you're in good position to add an offensive weapon. And...the upcoming draft is one of the best overall draft classes we've seen in a while. It's deep at multiple spots.

Precarious my ass. This is a chance for Poles to make himself a Chicago hero for a decade. Or shit the bed and put his name next to Pace and Emery of course but even if he swings and misses once or twice he's got so many weapons at his disposal some swings just have to hit even by luck.

Tons of questions with Fields. You can add weapons and roll the dice with him or trade him for picks, which will likely be decent picks, and plug a play an immediate starter with arm talent. How often is an NFL GM in this position? It's rare. Most the time resetting the QB position knocks a franchise backwards a year or three. But with an ascending defense and weapons on offense that doesn't have to be the case here.
Obviously he is personally not high on Fields. He's entitled to that. Fields hasn't cemented anything OTHER than confusion, really.

He's had some really good moments this season and some sick throws, including a few today. Consistency is an issue. Fumbles are an issue. I do think there was a spot where he turned the corner in terms of progressions and understanding where the ball needs to go this season. But even today he also had RPO moments where he definitely made the wrong decision. Getsy does him no favors but RPO is mostly on the QB.

I am in a spot where I understand if Poles keeps him and I understand if Poles moves on. It's easy to see both sides of it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine, getting Moore AND the Panthers #1 pick in the coming draft plus their 2nd rounder in the '25 draft to boot!!! Poles literally stole that trade.
I can't wait for Poles to trade away #1 for a few more #1 picks!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for Poles to trade away #1 for a few more #1 picks!
It's why I'm now 100% for trading that 1st pick. And if things go perfectly, I'd even be cool for trading down twice on that pick.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and after an 0-4 start they are 7-5 since.

There's so much of this team that is complete shit. At the same time there's just enough talent to beat teams worse than they are and hang around with some teams that are better. They're closer personnel wise than they are far away.

Imagine if the coaching staff was a complete pile of shit that gets in the way of winning games. This team realistically could have contended for the division this year.

So while there are some wins that don't feel great....there's some evidence to show the future, given the fuckwads in power don't shit the bed, could be good.

I would be willing to bet that if you asked the other 31 GMs in the league they would jump at the chance to be Ryan Poles right now. You have some really solid cornerstone pieces to your franchise. Provided you sign JJ...you have Moore, Kmet, a solid backfield no matter what you do this offseason, probably 3/5 of your Oline in good position, a rising defense with Sweat, Billings, Dexter, Edmunds, Edwards, Sanborn, Brisker, Gordon, Stephenson. You're looking at adding a pass rusher and probably replacing EJax. You have the QB decision to make but you're in good position to add an offensive weapon. And...the upcoming draft is one of the best overall draft classes we've seen in a while. It's deep at multiple spots.

Precarious my ass. This is a chance for Poles to make himself a Chicago hero for a decade. Or shit the bed and put his name next to Pace and Emery of course but even if he swings and misses once or twice he's got so many weapons at his disposal some swings just have to hit even by luck.

Tons of questions with Fields. You can add weapons and roll the dice with him or trade him for picks, which will likely be decent picks, and plug a play an immediate starter with arm talent. How often is an NFL GM in this position? It's rare. Most the time resetting the QB position knocks a franchise backwards a year or three. But with an ascending defense and weapons on offense that doesn't have to be the case here.

He's had some really good moments this season and some sick throws, including a few today. Consistency is an issue. Fumbles are an issue. I do think there was a spot where he turned the corner in terms of progressions and understanding where the ball needs to go this season. But even today he also had RPO moments where he definitely made the wrong decision. Getsy does him no favors but RPO is mostly on the QB.

I am in a spot where I understand if Poles keeps him and I understand if Poles moves on. It's easy to see both sides of it.
Even when you agree, you kinda come off as an ass that disagrees. lol

"precarious my ass....but also tons of questions with Fields, and Poles either becomes the GOAT or he ends up a hobo in a refrigerator box living under the overpass.. :laugh:

I mean, I said it was a good problem to have?:noidea:

This page is fun:laugh:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it has been an up-n-down year for us Bear diehards. And obviously much more down than up. But today is the most fun we've had all season - it's our belated Christmas present!! Not only a definitive beatdown against the Falcons, but blessed for the 2nd year in a row with the #1 pick in the draft, only this time it's not due to our shitty play!!! Woohoo!!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the idea of the rumor that has been floating around of trading down with the Raiders for Crosby and picks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the idea of the rumor that has been floating around of trading down with the Raiders for Crosby and picks.
I would LOVE that, absolutely 100% love for this to happen. But I find it all but impossible to believe that the Raiders would give up the one guy who can easily be described as the heart and soul of that team. He's not only their best player on either side of the ball, but he's under contract thru '26, altho there seems to be some type of option that could see him depart after next season, not sure about that.

Last edited:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would LOVE that, absolutely 100% love for this to happen. But I find it all but impossible to believe that the Raiders would give up the one guy who can easily be described as the heart and soul of that team. He's not only their best player on either side of the ball, but he's under contract thru '26, altho there seems to be some type of option that could see him depart after next season, not sure about that.
The Raiders are in Vegas now. Quarterbacks sell tickets, not defensive ends. You never know…but probably not happening.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are in Vegas now. Quarterbacks sell tickets, not defensive ends. You never know…but probably not happening.
And I'm in Vegas, too. I can assure you the fans #1 player is Crosby. I get your point about QBs selling tickets and obviously if a great QB were to land in Raiderville, that would drive ticket sales more than any other position. All I'm saying is the fan base would have a collective meltdown if Crosby was included in a trade, even for the #1 pick. But as I also said emphatically, I would LOVE for this to happen. This guy is 110% pedal to the metal on every single play, and his attitude matches his play. He would almost immediately become the Bears fans' favorite defensive player.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when you agree, you kinda come off as an ass that disagrees. lol

"precarious my ass....but also tons of questions with Fields, and Poles either becomes the GOAT or he ends up a hobo in a refrigerator box living under the overpass.. :laugh:

I mean, I said it was a good problem to have?:noidea:

I mean....do you think there's a GM or assistant GM in the league that doesn't somewhat envy the position Poles is in right now?

A GM's ammunition is salary cap, draft picks, and trade collateral and Poles has enough to wipe a small country off the map right now.

And my point really is that winning yesterday in no way damages or makes the offseason plan murky in any kind of way.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....do you think there's a GM or assistant GM in the league that doesn't somewhat envy the position Poles is in right now?

A GM's ammunition is salary cap, draft picks, and trade collateral and Poles has enough to wipe a small country off the map right now.

And my point really is that winning yesterday in no way damages or makes the offseason plan murky in any kind of way.

Eh…I don’t anticipate our cap space being that great with Sweat and (hopefully) Jaylon’s contracts on the books. Those two will be big chunks to maintain status quo of what we’ve put out there in the second half of the season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they might stick with Getsy as OC with the way they been playing lately.

Unfortunate because Greg Roman would be such an upgrade. He could really develop an offense to maximize Fields talents.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Johnson does not sign, franchise tag for CB is almost 19 million. QB is going to be 36 million, tagging Johnson then tagging Fields is out. The Giants made a choice to give Jones 40 million for 4 years being as much as a question mark as fields. That would probably happen before a tag, and if Fields agent turns it down, then it would be a trade.His fifth year option is going to be 21 or so.

No doubt it has been an up-n-down year for us Bear diehards. And obviously much more down than up. But today is the most fun we've had all season - it's our belated Christmas present!! Not only a definitive beatdown against the Falcons, but blessed for the 2nd year in a row with the #1 pick in the draft, only this time it's not due to our shitty play!!! Woohoo!!!!
I think the reason the diehards can get behind it is because the games are decided by the defense again. We sadly lost that ever since the Jay Cutler deal. So if Fields can be the dont screw up quarterback like Grossman was, then fine. This might have been the best game of Fields career, but was it that because Atlanta needs a QB and Fields might want to go play for his home team? All bets are off if they beat the Fudge next week and do what Detroit did last year and eliminate the fudge from the playoffs.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh…I don’t anticipate our cap space being that great with Sweat and (hopefully) Jaylon’s contracts on the books. Those two will be big chunks to maintain status quo of what we’ve put out there in the second half of the season.

They are carrying very little dead cap into 2024. And there's space. There's even more if you dump EJax and Whitehair. They will start the new year with over 50 mil. Cutting those two nets you another 20.

If Fields stays he's at 6 million. Any extension or anything wouldn't hit 24's cap.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are carrying very little dead cap into 2024. And there's space. There's even more if you dump EJax and Whitehair. They will start the new year with over 50 mil. Cutting those two nets you another 20.

If Fields stays he's at 6 million. Any extension or anything wouldn't hit 24's cap.

Ejax and Whitehair is 30 mill…Wow. I guess you’re right. No reason we can’t pay Jaylon and make 2-3 more impactful signings. I hope a center is one of them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, after yesterday's 159 yard performance, DJ goes into the final week 7th in receiving yardage with 1,300 right on the schnozz.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, after yesterday's 159 yard performance, DJ goes into the final week 7th in receiving yardage with 1,300 right on the schnozz.
Considering the stinkers he has had, it is really impressive. 25 yards game 1, 18 against the Cardinals, and a bunch of 40 and 50 yard games, yeah, 9 games out of this year he averaged under 50 yards, it was 3 really big games. But then again, you can get to a thousand with 60 per game now. Guess if he was not throwing hands to the skies the 4 games with Bagent, he would be at 1500.
Makes the Harrison draft call a whole lot tougher, because we know what we are going to hear, they are not getting Harrison the ball enough when DJ is getting into his contract year 2025.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they might stick with Getsy as OC with the way they been playing lately.

Unfortunate because Greg Roman would be such an upgrade. He could really develop an offense to maximize Fields talents.

Changing offensive systems multiple times on a young QB is just so stupid though. Do I think there is better than Getsy? Oh by a long shot...but the ripple effects of changing plays/signals etc etc could be detrimental on not only Fields but also the rest of the offense.

We keep making this mistake. That would be, what, the fourth different offense for Fields in his career going back to Ohio State? It's how you kill a quarterback. Greg Roman would have to be an absolute dynamo. Maybe he is...but the Bears keep doing this to their young QB's, so he would have to be. Little room for error.

I would much rather start over at QB, HC and both OC/DC...A Full clean sweep-if moving on from Getsy is the choice.

I think at this point we're running it back with all of them...Getsy included...They've earned it TBH. It would be an absolute certainty if we didn't have the top pick...That's really the only thing. If Poles really thinks Williams/Maye or whatever QB is the next Superstar then that HAS to happen. Truth is, though, nobody knows as draft picks are a crapshoot. So Poles will probably trade the pick and see where the recent upward trajectory is leading the Bears.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather start over at QB, HC and both OC/DC...A Full clean sweep-if moving on from Getsy is the choice.

I think at this point we're running it back with all of them...Getsy included...They've earned it TBH.
In kind of a strange way this makes sense. I can see the whole batch returning or if not canning them all. My personal wish tho is sure let everyone return.....except Getsy. Yes, the offense could possibly benefit from the lack of having to start over with a new OC, but the lack of consistency he's shown in his two years running the O is good enough for me to replace his ass. But again, I see your point and that just might be how Poles & Co proceed.