• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 7 Wonders of Basketball

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this idea from a Cowherd segment. Who are your 7 wonders of basketball.

Guideline...they have to have different skillsets. So, for example, if you have MJ, you wouldn't have Kobe because he's MJ Lite.

Kareem - Brought true athleticism to the 5 spot and had the greatest shot in basketball history which has never been duplicated.

Magic - A 6'9" point guard? How is that fair?

Bird - Became the leagues best passer and shooter from the forward spot.

MJ - Arguably the GOAT and definitely the most relentless player ever.

Shaq - 7'0" over 300 lbs and could run the floor like a guard.

Steph - He takes shots that have gotten players benched and makes them....a lot of them.

A.I. - Smallest player to make his mark by attacking the monsters in the key. And it was back when those monsters were allowed to clobber you.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid list. I might try to find a way to put Dirk on this list. Until him, the big man who could shoot from the outside was a novelty. His one legged fadeaway is right up there with Kareem's sky hook in terms of an impossible shot to guard. He revolutionized the position to where it's almost a prerequisite for bigs to be able to shoot from the perimeter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make the list I think you have to answer the following questions yes:

1. Did the player have a unique skill set that changed the game?
2. Was that player the best at what he does best?

A couple givens:

MJ - the greatest SG ever. Did everything great. Future Ex: Kobe
Kareem - athletic big man that was great at both ends and he had the patented hook shot Future Ex: Maybe Hakeem
Magic - 6'9" point forward that could outrun everyone and throw dimes then he play and defend the block - Future Ex: Lebron
Steph - not only the greatest shooter ever but took range to another level - Prior Ex: Reggie or Ray but they didn't have the range
Shaq - athletic, massive center that could overpower you but nimble on his feet and had great hands Ex: None yet

Bird and A.I. are the only questionable players on the list imo but I think A.I. definitely belongs.

A.I. - we never saw a short guy be so dominant offensively and just score at will despite his size. Ex: None yet

Bird - Trojan pretty much said it. I'm just not positive he belongs, definitive makes more of a case than any player I can think of though other than Dirk who Sushi mentioned. I think Dirk was very unique

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid list. I might try to find a way to put Dirk on this list. Until him, the big man who could shoot from the outside was a novelty. His one legged fadeaway is right up there with Kareem's sky hook in terms of an impossible shot to guard. He revolutionized the position to where it's almost a prerequisite for bigs to be able to shoot from the perimeter.

Great point. Might have to do a revision on my list.

Although, isn't he really a taller Bird?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make the list I think you have to answer the following questions yes:

1. Did the player have a unique skill set that changed the game?
2. Was that player the best at what he does best?

A couple givens:

MJ - the greatest SG ever. Did everything great. Future Ex: Kobe
Kareem - athletic big man that was great at both ends and he had the patented hook shot Future Ex: Maybe Hakeem
Magic - 6'9" point forward that could outrun everyone and throw dimes then he play and defend the block - Future Ex: Lebron
Steph - not only the greatest shooter ever but took range to another level - Prior Ex: Reggie or Ray but they didn't have the range
Shaq - athletic, massive center that could overpower you but nimble on his feet and had great hands Ex: None yet

Bird and A.I. are the only questionable players on the list imo but I think A.I. definitely belongs.

A.I. - we never saw a short guy be so dominant offensively and just score at will despite his size. Ex: None yet

Bird - Trojan pretty much said it. I'm just not positive he belongs, definitive makes more of a case than any player I can think of though other than Dirk who Sushi mentioned. I think Dirk was very unique

Ja might be the closest to A.I.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq gets on the list because the guys he was overpowering were more impressive than the guys Wilt was playing, but man Wilt certainly changed the game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this idea from a Cowherd segment. Who are your 7 wonders of basketball.

Guideline...they have to have different skillsets. So, for example, if you have MJ, you wouldn't have Kobe because he's MJ Lite.

Kareem - Brought true athleticism to the 5 spot and had the greatest shot in basketball history which has never been duplicated.

Magic - A 6'9" point guard? How is that fair?

Bird - Became the leagues best passer and shooter from the forward spot.

MJ - Arguably the GOAT and definitely the most relentless player ever.

Shaq - 7'0" over 300 lbs and could run the floor like a guard.

Steph - He takes shots that have gotten players benched and makes them....a lot of them.

A.I. - Smallest player to make his mark by attacking the monsters in the key. And it was back when those monsters were allowed to clobber you.
I like this list

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok…

Just trying to be different

1: Wilt- 100 point game. Dominated like no other before or since.

2: Dr. J- MJ came before Kobe. Well, Dr. J came before MJ

3: LeBron- Magic 2.0. Bigger and better

4: Steph- can’t make this list without Steph. Nobody more skilled and he has changed the game as much as anyone

5: Pete Maravich- relatively disappointing NBA career, but he was an icon with his flashy play well before that style was a thing at higher levels.

6: Muggsy Bogues- listed at 5’3” 136 and probably not even that tall. Dude was a freak of nature to make it in a league of giants.

7: alright, I give up. I am reaching big time now. My real list looks more like the others, but worth a shot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok…

Just trying to be different

1: Wilt- 100 point game. Dominated like no other before or since.

2: Dr. J- MJ came before Kobe. Well, Dr. J came before MJ

3: LeBron- Magic 2.0. Bigger and better

4: Steph- can’t make this list without Steph. Nobody more skilled and he has changed the game as much as anyone

5: Pete Maravich- relatively disappointing NBA career, but he was an icon with his flashy play well before that style was a thing at higher levels.

6: Muggsy Bogues- listed at 5’3” 136 and probably not even that tall. Dude was a freak of nature to make it in a league of giants.

7: alright, I give up. I am reaching big time now. My real list looks more like the others, but worth a shot.
How about Big Shot Bob Horry. He just shows up when it’s time to win the game.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 7 non wonders of basketball might be interesting as well

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt has to be on that list IMO. Who was more dominant in their prime?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stockton needs to be on here. All time assists and steals leader by a WIDE margin while being an effective scorer when need be.

Career FG% 51.5. Pretty unheard of for a small PG. Also Career 3FG 38.4 %.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stockton needs to be on here. All time assists and steals leader by a WIDE margin while being an effective scorer when need be.

Career FG% 51.5. Pretty unheard of for a small PG. Also Career 3FG 38.4 %.
Stockton was good at what he did but he wasn't revolutionary, IMO. Also didn't hurt that he played with the 3rd leading scorer in NBA history. Stockton and Malone are both beneficiaries of each other, but he wasn't doing anything different. He was just doing it at a higher efficiency.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if we're just going with unique, I think Charles Barkley is definitely worth a mention. MVP, dominant scorer and rebounder at the PF position, measuring generously at 6'5". He could handle, he could shoot (a bit), he could post up and score on much bigger defenders. He out rebounded guys who were 7'0".