• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins 8 Games In...What should WAS Do?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I guess you have to draw the line with every player, if its going to be at the expense of the team...The Colts may take years to recover from the Luck deal.......It will be interesting to see, because at this rate, there just may be a team(s) that will go to the $100 mill with Cousins, that's just how desperate so many teams are for a QB.....

Colts GM has already come out in the media whining about how difficult it will be...no doubt it's tough, but PIT, NYG, NE, DEN all have won SBs with very expensive QBs.

Garcon and Jackson roll off after this year, but the problem is they already have some mega contracts on the books that are long term...Trent Williams, Norman, and Kerrigan all have major cap hits on the horizon so adding something in the 100 mil territory will be really tough in WAS.

Cousins market...scanning the league I'm kinda going the other way...aside from WAS and NYJ...I don't really see another team that is close enough to invest 100m into a QB...CLE, SF, CHI? SF and CLE especially should be looking towards the draft. DEN? They are close enough, but they already have one 100mil player...everybody else has an established QB, or they are going young at the position.

If his agent is smart...they come in with a number maybe little more than Osweiler's contract and I think he stays in WAS...I could see Cutler being released and moving on to the Jets.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts GM has already come out in the media whining about how difficult it will be...no doubt it's tough, but PIT, NYG, NE, DEN all have won SBs with very expensive QBs.

Garcon and Jackson roll off after this year, but the problem is they already have some mega contracts on the books that are long term...Trent Williams, Norman, and Kerrigan all have major cap hits on the horizon so adding something in the 100 mil territory will be really tough in WAS.

Cousins market...scanning the league I'm kinda going the other way...aside from WAS and NYJ...I don't really see another team that is close enough to invest 100m into a QB...CLE, SF, CHI? SF and CLE especially should be looking towards the draft. DEN? They are close enough, but they already have one 100mil player...everybody else has an established QB, or they are going young at the position.

If his agent is smart...they come in with a number maybe little more than Osweiler's contract and I think he stays in WAS...I could see Cutler being released and moving on to the Jets.

Yes, the Jets will be in the market for a Cousins, dare I say, even Romo type QB....They have a win now roster mostly, outside of the QB position

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Jets will be in the market for a Cousins, dare I say, even Romo type QB....They have a win now roster mostly, outside of the QB position

Forgot about Romo but that would have to be a trade. His contract is too toxic to be waived. The big name guys we can probably count on being out there are Cutler (and idk if he would really command a ton now) and Cousins. Most likely Kaep, but he's killed whatever market he had...small list, on both sides...players and teams so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The Jets probably could spend a 100m...they are shedding the brunt of Revis contract after this season so he can be released and Fitz is 1 yr deal basically.....they are clearly the strongest competition WAS has for Cousins.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relative to his tag figure...I agree. At the same time...he is laying the foundation for a 80 mil long term deal...not a 100 mil, but we'll have to see how he finishes it out.

If he has a second half like last season and they make the postseason again (must win one this time) that 100 mil is money in the bank. Must cut down on those int's though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Romo but that would have to be a trade. His contract is too toxic to be waived. The big name guys we can probably count on being out there are Cutler (and idk if he would really command a ton now) and Cousins. Most likely Kaep, but he's killed whatever market he had...small list, on both sides...players and teams so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The Jets probably could spend a 100m...they are shedding the brunt of Revis contract after this season so he can be released and Fitz is 1 yr deal basically.....they are clearly the strongest competition WAS has for Cousins.

Cut pre-June 1 is actually the best option for Dallas. Not sure how trade would treat us, haven't really considered that a remote option.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for keeping Cousins. It'd not like there's a prime Peyton Maning or Tom Brady waiting in the free agent bushes.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I guess you have to draw the line with every player, if its going to be at the expense of the team...The Colts may take years to recover from the Luck deal.......It will be interesting to see, because at this rate, there just may be a team(s) that will go to the $100 mill with Cousins, that's just how desperate so many teams are for a QB.....

Well the Colts problems in my thoughts aren't on what they are spending on Luck but what they are spending on other positions that aren't performing. Last year they had a pretty bad D even with the highest cap hit in the NFL on defense. I think their problem will be recovering from bad trades, drafts and FA decisions, not the money they are spending on the things going well for them.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Cousins... depends on what they can get him signed for.

You'd love to see a Kaep type deal (or Tannehill or Tyrod Taylor) but I believe all those deals they got the low guarantee through extending a cheap rookie contract on a guy not heading to FA.

I guess he's going to get something with more like 40-50 mil guaranteed (2-3 years locked in) if he keeps playing solidly. From what I hear (I don't try and judge rookies much at all) this draft class at the QB position is not great by any means as far as top prospects.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like that bitches?

They should give him more money that's what they should do. They are leading in the WC and in the hunt for the division. Just give Cousins the MVP award now baby. He dominated a good Vikings defense and he did it with a bunch of scrubs. No line, no RB's and a bunch of #2 and #3 WR's.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit the play the Pack on SNF next week. Look for Cousins to have 500+ yards and 5+ TD's. MVP MVP MVP

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay him. Redskins have a ton of other issues than QB and they can thank their dumbass LT for smoking weed. They have nothing at RB, HUGE holes on DL, HUGE holes at MLB, and some question marks on the OL. Their secondary is also weird. Norman is good but Hall is getting old and Cravens is young, etc.

Might as well pay Cousins. This isn't like his first good year either. Everyone knew after he came in for RGKnee that he was the answer.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krush posted a proposed (not by Skins management) contract that sounded reasonable in the Skins forum. I don't remember all the numbers, but 44 mill was the guaranteed money. I suspect Cousins and his agent would laugh at that though. Thanks to last year's suckers, the Houston Texans, who damn near signed Osweiller to that nonsensical contract sight unseen and Kirk's play which has been good in some areas.

I'm still in wait and see mode myself, but yesterday's 8 games became today's 7 games and I'm no closer to a decision. If I had to hazard a guess. I'd say this is Cousins last year in DC. While his play has been good for the most part after a shaky start this season. His red zone play has been close to shitty all year. And yes, there have been play calling issues that have compounded that, but how much has play calling compounded it. I'm of a belief that its more a KC issue than a play calling one.

Unless Cousins maintains his present play between the 20s, does something in the next 7 games to improve the Skins inadequacy in the red zone, and wins more games then he loses. I suspect Scotty Mac will say fuck no to franchising him for 23/24 mill next year and going over more than 48 mill for a couple years. Cuz can win in the NFL, maybe even lead a team to a SB title or be a main cog on a team that wins a SB title. The Redskins aren't that team though. Not this year and very likely not the next couple years either.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't. You insufferable ass.

Your depth though! And that defense that is better than Dallas'.

Eat a dick

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your depth though! And that defense that is better than Dallas'.

Eat a dick

You're attributing things to me that somebody else said. And while he's entitled to that opinion. I know I don't agree with it and I'm sure several Skins who frequent this forum aren't in agreement with it either.

If the concept of a group of people who would like to see the same thing happen, yet don't always agree how that will come about is too hard for you to grasp. I can break it down in more remedial terms. You know, like the stuff you received in school you short bus ridin, 24/7 helmet wearin mothafucker, you.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're attributing things to me that somebody else said. And while he's entitled to that opinion. I know I don't agree with it and I'm sure several Skins who frequent this forum aren't in agreement with it either.

If the concept of a group of people who would like to see the same thing happen, yet don't always agree how that will come about is too hard for you to grasp. I can break it down in more remedial terms. You know, like the stuff you received in school you short bus ridin, 24/7 helmet wearin mothafucker, you.

What he said. Claiming "all" Redskins fans think we have a Super Bowl team is just another in a long list of dumb ass things this clown has posted.

Back to Cousins ask yourself what the number would be in a bidding war for him if he hit the open market There are so many teams desperate for a QB that Brock Fucking Osweiler got paid and Cousins is certainly more accomplished than that guy. The number will be huge, it should be obvious by now that Cousins is a big reason the team went from a joke to respectable.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Cousins ask yourself what the number would be in a bidding war for him if he hit the open market There are so many teams desperate for a QB that Brock Fucking Osweiler got paid and Cousins is certainly more accomplished than that guy. The number will be huge, it should be obvious by now that Cousins is a big reason the team went from a joke to respectable.

This ^^^^^^ is true. Unfortunately the odds that this will end up as accurate are high. If the Skins put up little or no resistance and basically meet the price that Cousins and his agent set. And lets assume KC gives the Skins a small hometown discount. The possibility of acquiring and/or keeping other players who will also be necessary for the Skins to be legit contenders for a SB title. Will be significantly harder to achieve and in some cases simply not possible.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but as posted before many (I would argue nearly all) SB teams have a ton of money tied to their QB. As we know you get a good QB it makes up for a lot of marginal talent elsewhere. At this point I would put Kirk in that "good" catagory. Not a difference maker every week but certainly better than their other options. Ask the Rams how well it has worked out completing a roster with draft picks while trying to get by at QB.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You took something that I attributed to "skins fans" as a personal affront to you so why not own everything that other skins fans say?

Carry on with being a clueless dolt.