• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins 8 Games In...What should WAS Do?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but you digress...your thoughts on Cousins?

Worth the market value but has underachieved this season so far but not to the extent Rodgers did for the first 5 games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth the market value but has underachieved this season so far but not to the extent Rodgers did for the first 5 games.

Interesting...I think he's played well so far, but not worth his tag market value.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for a few games Jackson has not done much this season & only has 1 TD. Reed missed a few games & the offense still did well. The constant through all of this has been Cousins and very good pass protection. They should do fine even w/o Garcon and Jackson (but will likely keep one). Doctson will still likely contribute next season & they can find another WR in the draft (both Reed and Crowder were mid round picks).

Again - he performs well - his weakness is his tendency to make mistakes. If the team feels he can overcome this he is well worth the big contract. If they don't extend him what is the alternative? I don't think that they want to go through another 2-3 year period working in another QB. I think that this is pretty much a done deal.

If I were a skins fan I wouldn't want to pony up 4 or 5 years and 80-100M for Kirk. That kind of money is what you pay when you feel you have a contender or are close. I don't think the Skins are close to contending. So instead, they should try to pay less on a shorter deal for a 2nd tier QB and use the extra money addressing other holes with younger talent. Kirk is looking for what is most likely his last big contract, he isn't going to settle for a short term deal or one that put all the risk on him and none on the team. Colt should be able to lead the team next year and have an eye on 2018. That gives two years to draft a QB.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...I think he's played well so far, but not worth his tag market value.

He was #1 in QBR in the second half of last season. They paid him as a top 10 QB but he's #14 right now. His int's are too high and TD's are a little low. He's in front of Russell Wilson (injured) and Cam Newton (where he should be in reality) but behind Gabbert and Dalton. He's underperforming IMO.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya.

I still think they have enough around Cousins (28) for a 5 yr run...I agree you don't bring back both Garcon and Jax, maybe neither depending on the cost...if they want a WR1, go after Alshon Jeffery, or complement guy that has WR1 skills...like a Terrell Pryor.

If he commands a lot more than Osweiler money, the market will be pretty thin...maybe the Jets.

If you can swing both of those players, then by all means that's a great plan. That's going to cost a lot of money, you would be looking at $150M for two players over the next 5 years.
I think Scott is smarter than that. He will want to keep trying to hit on the draft instead of spending money like Danny for one or two big FA's. If Danny won't Danny things up, they have a GM that can build a team. But this team isn't in need of just a QB, and Kirk is going to want a top 5 QB contract.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know someone else has already been chided for sayign this, but the Skins won't tag him again. They can't afford to, IMO.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a skins fan I wouldn't want to pony up 4 or 5 years and 80-100M for Kirk. That kind of money is what you pay when you feel you have a contender or are close. I don't think the Skins are close to contending. So instead, they should try to pay less on a shorter deal for a 2nd tier QB and use the extra money addressing other holes with younger talent. Kirk is looking for what is most likely his last big contract, he isn't going to settle for a short term deal or one that put all the risk on him and none on the team. Colt should be able to lead the team next year and have an eye on 2018. That gives two years to draft a QB.

Well for starters you will never be a Skins fan - far from it so your jaded opinion doesn't mean much in this case. Of course you think that they that they are nowhere close to contending. You already stated that their O line is terrible which is totally inaccurate. I think that they are geared more towards competing next season rather than this one & I believe that they will be fine moving forward.

Colt McCoy? LOL. Again - your jaded Texas mind at work. Draft a QB? Great - wait another 3-4 years to see what happens - whatever. Thanks for your opinion but no thanks.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say what they should do. He's a very good QB so I think they may re-sign him. Guess the season's final few weeks tell the tale.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say what they should do. He's a very good QB so I think they may re-sign him. Guess the season's final few weeks tell the tale.

He's a top ten QB but has an avg defense and average team surrounding him and an average head coach. The guy can only do soo much. I think they'll make the wild card as the last team in. If they can beat Philly and the G-men and the bad teams left on their schedule they will do just that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters you will never be a Skins fan - far from it so your jaded opinion doesn't mean much in this case. Of course you think that they that they are nowhere close to contending. You already stated that their O line is terrible which is totally inaccurate. I think that they are geared more towards competing next season rather than this one & I believe that they will be fine moving forward.

Colt McCoy? LOL. Again - your jaded Texas mind at work. Draft a QB? Great - wait another 3-4 years to see what happens - whatever. Thanks for your opinion but no thanks.

1) if you only want to read opinions that are in line with your own, then run your ass back to the Skins board.
2) If you think you need to develop a QB for 3-4 years then you aren't looking around at todays NFL.
3) You aren't any closer to contending for a SB than you are contending for the NFCEast.

Same shit, different poster.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a top ten QB but has an avg defense and average team surrounding him and an average head coach. The guy can only do soo much. I think they'll make the wild card as the last team in. If they can beat Philly and the G-men and the bad teams left on their schedule they will do just that.

Vikings
Pack
@Dallas
@Arizona
@ Eagles
Panthers
@Bears
Giants

Eagles, Giants, Bears and Zona as the bad teams? You think 8 wins and a tie get them into the WC?

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever they do with Cousins contract it couldn't be any worse than what Dallas has done with Tony Romo's contract. Whether he’s cut or traded, the cap charge will be the same next year — $19.6 million, to sit on the bench or play for someone else.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever they do with Cousins contract it couldn't be any worse than what Dallas has done with Tony Romo's contract. Whether he’s cut or traded, the cap charge will be the same next year — $19.6 million, to sit on the bench or play for someone else.

The bold isn't true, but whatever lies you need to tell yourself to get through being back in the cellar...go right ahead.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, you want to know what Cowboy fans WANT and not what they think they should do? We want you to give Cousins a 6 year contract for about $130M. That is what we want.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe tie goes to the runner.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can swing both of those players, then by all means that's a great plan. That's going to cost a lot of money, you would be looking at $150M for two players over the next 5 years.
I think Scott is smarter than that. He will want to keep trying to hit on the draft instead of spending money like Danny for one or two big FA's. If Danny won't Danny things up, they have a GM that can build a team. But this team isn't in need of just a QB, and Kirk is going to want a top 5 QB contract.

Top 5! That would seal it for me...bye bye Kirk.

But, I think he will be more reasonable because the FA market for QB is not going to be that strong...really WAS and NYJ are the only teams that are far enough along to invest big money in a QB...I think we'll see Cutler and Cousins on the market....very doubtful Cousins gets top 5 money.

Every team needs something for certain...for starters they need a run stuffing DT/ILB, and maybe an insurance OT now. Jax and Gracon...I don't forsee them spending big on either of their FA WRs, that's 19mil coming off the books...Jeffery will, but Pryor won't cost a ton, becoming a very effective WR.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was #1 in QBR in the second half of last season. They paid him as a top 10 QB but he's #14 right now. His int's are too high and TD's are a little low. He's in front of Russell Wilson (injured) and Cam Newton (where he should be in reality) but behind Gabbert and Dalton. He's underperforming IMO.

Relative to his tag figure...I agree. At the same time...he is laying the foundation for a 80 mil long term deal...not a 100 mil, but we'll have to see how he finishes it out.