• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KG, Paul Pierce traded to NETS

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. They are a threat. I think the Bulls/Heat wil be the top 2 seeds but I think Brooklyn will be 3. Last year with a crappy team, they owned Indy all year long

Bro, really bk? Regular season matchups don't mean shit. The Knicks beat the Heat 3 out of 4 times last season (albeit that last one was w/out Wade or Lebron), you think they take out the Heat in the playoffs last season?

We can argue all we want about what the Nets will do next season, but I'm staying firm in my stance. If this was 3 years ago I would've said this team was stacked. But KG has little left in his tank, and Pierce will look like a shell of himself. I keep hearing how we say this every season about them. Guess what? Father time caught up to them last season.

It's also hard to play them less minutes as well considering the lack of depth coming from the bench, even with Blatche coming back. You'd also have to figure that another team will likely offer him a decent contract instead of coming back for a smaller deal with the Nets - it all depends on what the player wants, money or ring?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston fans, this may be sacrilege, but you should honestly want your team to be as bad as possible next year. Got some STUDS in that draft next year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I got excited about this trade and the Nets immediately becoming contenders out East, then I remembered they have Jason Kidd as their HC.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, really bk? Regular season matchups don't mean shit. The Knicks beat the Heat 3 out of 4 times last season (albeit that last one was w/out Wade or Lebron), you think they take out the Heat in the playoffs last season?

We can argue all we want about what the Nets will do next season, but I'm staying firm in my stance. If this was 3 years ago I would've said this team was stacked. But KG has little left in his tank, and Pierce will look like a shell of himself. I keep hearing how we say this every season about them. Guess what? Father time caught up to them last season.

It's also hard to play them less minutes as well considering the lack of depth coming from the bench, even with Blatche coming back. You'd also have to figure that another team will likely offer him a decent contract instead of coming back for a smaller deal with the Nets - it all depends on what the player wants, money or ring?

Nets matched up well with Indy because Hibbert didn't have a big advantage over Lopez and Lopez would be able to draw him out of the paint.

I agree that KG has little left in his tank and so does Pierce but these guys are not going to be top options on this team. Reality is that at best they'll be 3rd/4th options or 4th/5th options. The top 2 options are D-Will and Lopez, then I guess there will be debate on who the 3rd option is between Joe and Paul.

Right now they probably have the best starting lineup in the east and maybe basketball.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets matched up well with Indy because Hibbert didn't have a big advantage over Lopez and Lopez would be able to draw him out of the paint.

I agree that KG has little left in his tank and so does Pierce but these guys are not going to be top options on this team. Reality is that at best they'll be 3rd/4th options or 4th/5th options. The top 2 options are D-Will and Lopez, then I guess there will be debate on who the 3rd option is between Joe and Paul.

Right now they probably have the best starting lineup in the east and maybe basketball.

Remember the Lakers said the same thing last season. Just saying, alot of factors to consider with old players. Also, D-Will is the only all-around in their prime All-star on that team. Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez are good offensively, suck on defense though.

Alot of egos to manage as well now. Albeit Jason Kidd was a great player himself, it's a different situation when you're a coach and you have to manage the chemistry of the team. We'll just have to wait and see.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston fans, this may be sacrilege, but you should honestly want your team to be as bad as possible next year. Got some STUDS in that draft next year.

Agreed. As bad as Boston will be, the Nets trade saved them for the future. Having loaded picks in next season's draft is what will put them back into being a decent team. Everyone's tanking next year for Wiggins.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its going to depend on the system and if players (Joe Johnson) will make sacrifices for the system. There is a real concern that this team ends up being like the 2012 Lakers, but KG and Pierce have done this "superteam" thing before, and they do have leaders like Kidd and KG in the locker room instead of D'antoni and Dwight.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. As bad as Boston will be, the Nets trade saved them for the future. Having loaded picks in next season's draft is what will put them back into being a decent team. Everyone's tanking next year for Wiggins.

who is Boston's coach? Who are they going to get? Tanking doesn't always work, but it would be a good idea for Boston to start loading up on 1st round draft picks as there seems to be more talent in next years draft than what there was this year.

But again, Boston needs a good coach, they just lost a heck of a coach in Rivers. So it really is a true gamble for the Celtics. First you need to land a homerun head coach, THEN you gotta pray you get the right lottery pick. Otherwise it was all for nothing.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this...

the writing is on the wall for what they are doing. Wiggins sweepstakes begins.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this...

the writing is on the wall for what they are doing. Wiggins sweepstakes begins.

such a massive gamble, you are playing with fire with one of the most historic franchises in the NBA and you have been consistently at the top for last 10 years or so. It wasn't that long ago really that Boston was a very very bad team.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I got excited about this trade and the Nets immediately becoming contenders out East, then I remembered they have Jason Kidd as their HC.

I'm not sure that is necessarily a bad thing. Obviously there will be some growing pains, but I think Kidd has a high enough basketball iq to be fairly effective as a head coach.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
such a massive gamble, you are playing with fire with one of the most historic franchises in the NBA and you have been consistently at the top for last 10 years or so. It wasn't that long ago really that Boston was a very very bad team.

There backs are against the wall... What else are they going to do?

Cap space, putting themselves in next years draft where there are a couple franchise guise. Celts did what they had to. Boston is a destination for big name Free Agents

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro those picks wont be top picks. They will be late 1st round.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the Celts even sniff the playoffs....

2nd round...:laugh3:

Haha KG, Pierce and Rondo could win the 1st round. I was talking about if they stayed together, not now without KG and Pierce.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that is necessarily a bad thing. Obviously there will be some growing pains, but I think Kidd has a high enough basketball iq to be fairly effective as a head coach.

I like Kidd and all, but I find it hard to see the transition immediately from player and go to head coach of an NBA team right away with no build up. Yes his IQ is probably one of the best, but can he coach that and relate to his players...One thing that might be extremely hard for Kidd, is this being his first year out and yet still being around basketball daily, his urge to not play. I remember when I got done playing, 2 years later I got into coaching and the desire to get back and play was almost unbearable, I wanted so badly to put on a jersey. Kidd will probably experience this and it will probably be 100x worse.

Should be interesting, they certainly got the roster to do something big.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha KG, Pierce and Rondo could win the 1st round. I was talking about if they stayed together, not now without KG and Pierce.

gotcha. This will be looked at as a great move a couple years down the road.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Rondo and Green aren't bad enough to get Wiggins. I'd love Wiggins, but it wont happen.

Hey, ya never know. Look at the odds Portland and Seattle had the Oden/Durant draft. It could happen.

Even so, Jabari Parker may be every bit as good as Wiggins.

And many people thought had Marcus Smart came out this year he would have been the #1 pick. THats just next year. I would be crossing my fingers for one of those 3.. Especially Parker or Wiggins.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kidd and all, but I find it hard to see the transition immediately from player and go to head coach of an NBA team right away with no build up. Yes his IQ is probably one of the best, but can he coach that and relate to his players...One thing that might be extremely hard for Kidd, is this being his first year out and yet still being around basketball daily, his urge to not play. I remember when I got done playing, 2 years later I got into coaching and the desire to get back and play was almost unbearable, I wanted so badly to put on a jersey. Kidd will probably experience this and it will probably be 100x worse.

Should be interesting, they certainly got the roster to do something big.

Like I said there are obviously going to be some grown pains. Can't really speak on his desire to play, but if he does want to he could always pull a Bill Russell and be a player/coach, assuming he is in a position to help the team win at all.

If you have to step into a first year head coaching position, this type of team is absolutely perfect for the job. The hardest part with the on paper talent level on this team will be managing egos. I don't necessarily think he'll have to do entirely too much in-game coaching aside from managing rotations with as many quality veterans he has on the squad.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about them contenders last yr. Now they have Pierce and KG, both aging veterans but can still play.

Anyone who thought the Nets were legit contenders last year was out of their mind.

This deal is nothing more than an extension of the Joe Johnson deal. The Nets are giving future assets for aging players with big contracts. They are now well into the luxury tax and still do not have enough horses to come out of the East.

Mikhail Prokorov is starting to look like the Daniel Snyder of the NBA. Slow down. Desperation play here.