• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Pierce doesn't know how to shut up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First on the Brooklyn Nets

“It was just the guys’ attitudes there. It wasn’t like we were surrounded by a bunch of young guys. They were vets who didn’t want to play and didn’t want to practice. I was looking around saying, ‘What’s this?’ Kevin (Garnett) and I had to pick them up every day in practice.

“If me and Kevin weren’t there, that team would have folded up. That team would have packed it in. We kept them going each and every day.”

“Before I got there, I looked at Deron as an MVP candidate,” Pierce said. “But I felt once we got there, that’s not what he wanted to be. He just didn’t want that.

“I think a lot of the pressure got to him sometimes. This was his first time in the national spotlight. The media in Utah is not the same as the media in New York, so that can wear on some people. I think it really affected him.”

Pierce said Joe Johnson mostly just wanted to be left alone; he wasn’t a leader either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now about Ray Allen

Pierce still engages in group texts with former Celtics teammates (and coach) Doc Rivers, Garnett, Kendrick Perkins and Big Baby Davis, but hasn’t talked to Ray Allen since he bolted from Boston to Miami in the summer of 2012.

Though much has been made of it, Pierce said, people don’t understand he wasn’t all that close to Allen to begin with.

“It was a weird relationship,” Pierce conceded. “We were all good friends on the court, but Ray always did his own thing. That’s just the way Ray was. Even when we were playing together, we’d be having a team dinner and Ray wouldn’t show up. We’d go to his charity events but Ray wouldn’t show up to somebody else’s.

“I called him on it. I said, ‘Man, Ray, we support all your stuff but when we ask you, you don’t come to ours.’ I remember when Rondo re-signed with Boston, we had a little dinner at a restaurant and Ray didn’t show up.

“I know Ray probably didn’t like Rondo that much, but it wasn’t a fact of not liking somebody. You don’t have to like everybody you play with — it’s a matter of showing support.

“Rondo probably didn’t like Ray either, but he came to Ray’s functions to show, ‘Hey, we’re together in this.’

“It’s not a bad thing with Ray. We had a great relationship on the court. But even the year we won it, after a game we’d say, ‘Let’s go have something to eat and have a night with the older guys.’ We’d get there and it would be me, Kevin and Sam (Cassell), but no Ray. In a lot of ways, me, Sam and Kevin were our Big Three.

“It just got to the point where it was, ‘That’s Ray.’ No hard feelings. Everyone made such a big deal of us not talking after we left, but there really wasn’t much there.”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also questioned the motor of teammates John Wall & Bradley Beal

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything he's saying as being untrue.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a HOF player (he is, dont argue) at the end of his career...its what they do.

i also dont see much wrong with what he said.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a HOF player (he is, dont argue) at the end of his career...its what they do.

i also dont see much wrong with what he said.

I agree with everything you said but is it really necessary? Also considering Cassel more apart of Boston big 3 than Ray is flat out disrespectful..... Also not best to question the 2 best players on your current team desire to be great.

Just my opinion

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invite a former Celtics player on your team and it's like injecting cancer cells into your blood.

Not smart.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said but is it really necessary? Also considering Cassel more apart of Boston big 3 than Ray is flat out disrespectful..... Also not best to question the 2 best players on your current team desire to be great.

Just my opinion

You're too sensitive. Nothing wrong with what Pierce said. His current teammates would do well to listen. If they can't take a little criticism from a future HOF'er, they ought not be in the NBA.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion
what?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invite a former Celtics player on your team and it's like injecting cancer cells into your blood.

Not smart.
you're going to come here for a game with me, and i will force feed you chowder and make you watch john bagley highlights.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're going to come here for a game with me, and i will force feed you chowder and make you watch john bagley highlights.

I'll sure as hell take the chowder.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion

You understand why he said Cassel was more apart of the big 3 right? Seems like Ray Ray was the disrespectful one.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly you ale to many things to heart first Draymond about Blake and the clips now this.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also

"I always say I wish I was in my prime matching up against LeBron,'' said Pierce, grinning. "Let's see how many championships he would have won then.''

Lol pierce

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion

How is it disrespectful?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got carried to a title by Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett and now he thinks he can speak from a pedestal. What's so significant about Paul Pierce? Other than his dramatic wheelchair exit in the Finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it disrespectful?

See outlaw post. Also how dumb can he be? I know if I notice someone not showing up at my events, I would stop showing up at their events. Case close no need to bitch about it like he is doing

Pierce just seems upset that Ray didn't want to hangout with them often. Ray reminds me of myself. I go to events every now and then but you won't see me at every event and every time you want to hang out don't expect me to be a yes man.

To answer your original question, its disrespectful because by saying that you're saying he was not important to your title & your success as a group which is bullshit. They wouldn't have made one finals without Ray.

Fuck Paul Pierce

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See outlaw post. Also how dumb can he be? I know if I notice someone not showing up at my events, I would stop showing up at their events. Case close no need to bitch about it like he is doing

Pierce just seems upset that Ray didn't want to hangout with them often. Ray reminds me of myself. I go to events every now and then but you won't see me at every event and every time you want to hang out don't expect me to be a yes man.

To answer your original question, its disrespectful because by saying that you're saying he was not important to your title & your success as a group which is bullshit. They wouldn't have made one finals without Ray.

Fuck Paul Pierce

Damn, your panties are twisted. How the hell do you get that Pierce was saying that Ray wasn't as important to the Celtics title? All he said was that Ray didn't hang out with them and didn't go to their events even though they went to his.

And no, saying that Cassell seemed like more a part of the big 3 wasn't it. He was saying it because Cassell hung out with them more.