• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How far from RFK Stadium

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing. I knew some of you lived here at one time but life requires a lot of us to move. It is interesting to hear the stories. People in Baltimore still hate John Elway.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up in Ocean City, MD (ages 1-4) as a youngster then moved to Alexandria, VA (ages 5-7) for several years, Centerville (ages 8-10) for a few more then settling in Fredericksburg, VA (ages 11-18). Father was a motorcycle DC cop when living in MD. By the time we lived in Centerville (1977) everyone in the family were die Hards and you really had no choice but to be a Redskin fan. We all hated the Cowboys and still do. Have since migrated to the PNW after serving in the USAF and 32 years later still loving it. My first RFK game and only game my Dad took me to was the 1982 season and we were playing Dallas. We had endzone seats and I could see the back of the jerseys when Dallas came out on offense. Drew Pearson, Tony Hill, Butch Johnson, Tony Dorsett, Robert Newhouse, Billy Joe Dupree and Danny White to name a few. I was so excited as a kid to be at this game. We lost that day but got our revenge in the NFC Championship game vs those same Cowboys we kicked the chit out of. I will always be a lifelong Redskin fan no matter what.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up in Ocean City, MD (ages 1-4) as a youngster then moved to Alexandria, VA (ages 5-7) for several years, Centerville (ages 8-10) for a few more then settling in Fredericksburg, VA (ages 11-18). Father was a motorcycle DC cop when living in MD. By the time we lived in Centerville (1977) everyone in the family were die Hards and you really had no choice but to be a Redskin fan. We all hated the Cowboys and still do. Have since migrated to the PNW after serving in the USAF and 32 years later still loving it. My first RFK game and only game my Dad took me to was the 1982 season and we were playing Dallas. We had endzone seats and I could see the back of the jerseys when Dallas came out on offense. Drew Pearson, Tony Hill, Butch Johnson, Tony Dorsett, Robert Newhouse, Billy Joe Dupree and Danny White to name a few. I was so excited as a kid to be at this game. We lost that day but got our revenge in the NFC Championship game vs those same Cowboys we kicked the chit out of. I will always be a lifelong Redskin fan no matter what.
I remember that game. I was living in Ft. Washington at the time. I was seven and 82 was the first year I ever watched the Skins. They were undefeated at the time. I had literally never seen the Skins lose a game. I remember asking my mom around the 3rd quarter if I could pray for the Skins and did she think that would help. Lol

I watched Montana beat the Bengals in the SB the year before and then my dad got me to watch the Tampa game with him that year. The one where it poured down raining and Riggins went sliding into the bench after being drug out of bounds. That was the first Skins game I ever watched. I've seen EVERY SINGLE game since.

I think the first Skins game I ever went to was the 85 home opener against the Oilers. Scratch that. I was at RFK in the 85 preseason game against the Pats when Babe led that big comeback.

That was my first game. I remember because my dad made us leave early and we had to hear the comeback on the radio on the way home. Pissed! Lol

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok cali , i have seen a couple of likes so tell us how you became a fan

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins fandom inherited from my Pops and Grandpops. Grew up in Btown (Bethesda), so about 30-40 min from RFK.

Moved to Cali after graduating from The University of MD and lived in LA for about 10 years, then spent some years in South Fl…only to return to the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo area) for another 10 years.

Currently I’m back in South Fl and STILL a Skins fan. I’ve repped the Skins from Coast to Coast and it’s a given that when I wear my Skins gear, someone ALWAYS comments and a ‘fan’ discussion ensues. Often it was a Cowboys and Indians discussion, lol.

I too, have purchased zero Commanders gear, hate the name, as most older fans do. Redskins merchandise is still pretty easily purchased online when I have an urge.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins fandom inherited from my Pops and Grandpops. Grew up in Btown (Bethesda), so about 30-40 min from RFK.

Moved to Cali after graduating from The University of MD and lived in LA for about 10 years, then spent some years in South Fl…only to return to the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo area) for another 10 years.

Currently I’m back in South Fl and STILL a Skins fan. I’ve repped the Skins from Coast to Coast and it’s a given that when I wear my Skins gear, someone ALWAYS comments and a ‘fan’ discussion ensues. Often it was a Cowboys and Indians discussion, lol.

I too, have purchased zero Commanders gear, hate the name, as most older fans do. Redskins merchandise is still pretty easily purchased online when I have an urge.
outstanding cali !!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice! Hoping to be in central FL in a year and a half ... rooting for the Jaguars and Redskins. LOL

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where in central Florida ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leesburg most likely. My parents retired there years ago. Buy a trailer or manufactured home, pay cash and same for an aluminum boat. I love Orange Lake just south of Gainesville but real estate options are limited. Harris Chain of Lakes will be fine.