• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How far from RFK Stadium

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize everyone on this site is not local, that is not a bad thing .... got to wondering tonight:

Did you become a fan because you were local or just became a fan of the team for another reason?

How many miles are you from the old RFK stadium?

No need to tell me where you live if you don't want to. I have no reason to know. I grew up less than 7 miles from RFK and less than 5 miles from Fed Ex Field. I am currently a little under 60 miiles from RFK so closer to 50 miles from Fed Ex Field. There is no comparisons in the stadiums ..... RFK was awesome. I was a very young Eagles fan until my father moved us to just outside DC when I was 7. Not sure if I was a Redskin fan in 63 but sort of remember not liking Norm Snead. In 64 we got Jurgensen (Philly guy) and Charley Taylor and Bobby Mitchell was already here. We weren't very good but we rooted our asses off.

Now I am an old man, never thought we'd go 30+ years as a bad team. I am really, really hoping Josh Harris can turn this around.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern shore of Maryland is where I was born but before the Ravens. My dad liked the Baltimore Colts but when Elway did what he did, my dad hated Elway and became a Redskins fan when Baltimore moved, so naturally, the Redskins became my team because I could remember the Raiders beating the Skins in 1983. I have moved around since then but I am still a Redskins fan.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize everyone on this site is not local, that is not a bad thing .... got to wondering tonight:

Did you become a fan because you were local or just became a fan of the team for another reason?

No need to tell me where you live if you don't want to. I have no reason to know. I grew up less than 7 miles from RFK and less than 5 miles from Fed Ex Field. I am currently a little under 60 miiles from RFK so closer to 50 miles from Fed Ex Field. There is no comparisons in the stadiums ..... RFK was awesome. I was a very young Eagles fan until my father moved us to just outside DC when I was 7. Not sure if I was a Redskin fan in 63 but sort of remember not liking Norm Snead. In 64 we got Jurgensen (Philly guy) and Charley Taylor and Bobby Mitchell was already here. We weren't very good but we rooted our asses off.

Now I am an old man, never thought we'd go 30+ years as a bad team. I am really, really hoping Josh Harris can turn this around.
i,m 60 and grew up loving the team with my dad and brother.i grew up in bassett,va.about 10miles from martinsville speedway and a 6 hour drive from rfk.

Gosknz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in NC. Used to go to a home game every year dating back to RFK. I was at the first Mon. night game at Fed Ex. Used go there every year until the product got so bad it wasn't worth the effort or money. Loved the RFK experience.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born at Ft. Belvoir hospital on route 1. My dad was military but was usually stationed at the Pentagon, so when we moved it was usually in the area.

I was born at Belvoir, moved to Ft. Washington, then Oxon Hill, then we left Oxon Hill for Carlisle, Pennsylvania. My dad worked at the Army War college up there. Spent two years there getting autographs as a youth at Dickinson college.

Spent a couple of years in Germany and came back to Springfield, then Belvoir again, then settled in Alexandria off the GW PKWY. Went to West Potomac HS. Left for Texas to go to college and stayed. (Kids, wife) you know how it goes.

Dad was born and raised in D.C. Life long Skins fan from the area.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was born and raised in fredericksburg va about 50 miles south of RFK . i was in the stadium the night darrel green ran down dorsett from behind

i became a redskins fan the first time i saw sonny jurgensen throw a football in 68 and saw him take off his helmet and saw he had red hair . since i had red hair he was my hero ever since . i fell hard for the redskins team wearing their gear all through my adult life until wokism struck the team and the team changed their name . since then its just been about trying to like this team again and fall in love with it . so far i havent

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was born and raised in fredericksburg va about 50 miles south of RFK . i was in the stadium the night darrel green ran down dorsett from behind

i became a redskins fan the first time i saw sonny jurgensen throw a football in 68 and saw him take off his helmet and saw he had red hair . since i had red hair he was my hero ever since . i fell hard for the redskins team wearing their gear all through my adult life until wokism struck the team and the team changed their name . since then its just been about trying to like this team again and fall in love with it . so far i havent
I have not bought any NON Redskin gear.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't mean to bury the lead. I moved around a lot, but the last place I lived in when I was home was 15 miles from RFK.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just three or four exits from you. I was inside the Beltway between PA Avenue and Central Avenue.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huntington station was my nearest metro. Pops is burried in Arlington. Probably be making my way up there next year to catch a game and pay respects. I'll let you know when I'm in town. First round on me @Sportster 72

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i recall the monday night that happened.skins really shit the bed in the second half.
i wont buy commanders gear nor will i attend a game as long as the team is named commanders and denies its heritage
have,nt bought anything commander related cause i despise the name.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born five miles from RFK where I lived until we all moved out to the suburbs for better schools when I was school aged. Grew up 15 miles away from RFK. I was there when Darrell Green broke up the pass at the goal line against the vikes. I felt the seats bounce the way they used to at RFK.

We didn't have any money to go to games, but I made rich friends, and sometimes they took me to games at RFK and later at Fed Ex. For as awesome as RFK was/is is as terrible the experiences I've had at Fed Ex.

Now I live in NY, don't and won't own any Commanders gear, and agree that this is an awfully important offseson for Josh Harris. Shoutout to a fellow ginger as well.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when we came up for skins games in the 80s,we stayed at my buddies college roomates house in landover.the bar we went too played hail to the redskins every night closing time

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in New York. I could never get excited about the Giants. This was back in the Y.A. Tittle years. I never got excited about the Jets, either. I was a Dodgers fan before they left for the west coast, and I rooted for the Mets while in high school. When I went to college in Massachusetts I became a Red Sox fan, a Bruins fan and a Patriots fan.

Now I live in Delaware. I still like the Bruins and the Red Sox. I abandoned the Pats when they signed the worthless Cam Newton. I was a  Redskins fan, but they signed Wentz so I put my loyalties back, but i don’t cheer or root anymore.

If the Skins do anything right, I might go with them again. Back in the old days, the Skins and the Packers were my NFC teams. Just liked them.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful state!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern shore of Maryland is where I was born but before the Ravens. My dad liked the Baltimore Colts but when Elway did what he did, my dad hated Elway and became a Redskins fan when Baltimore moved, so naturally, the Redskins became my team because I could remember the Raiders beating the Skins in 1983. I have moved around since then but I am still a Redskins fan.

By any chance, are you from the Easton / Oxford area?

I have friends there and in Chestertown and Trappe.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up in Montgomery County, MD and still live in MD. Was in Kindergarten during the '87 season for the broncos SB beatdown. 4th grade for the greatest season in '91 i've ever watched as a kid/adult. Dad took me and my brother to RFK for all home games in '91 and been a fan for life. Still haven't bought any commanders gear and nor will I for the foreseeable future. Still rock my skins gear around town and i get thumbs up pretty much everywhere I go.