• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant Signed A One Year Deal Only

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overpassing will be an issue for the Warriors this year, at least in the first 20 games for sure. Camp will be good to have the guys acclimated and to be honest I think Team USA will be really beneficial for KD, Klay and Draymond. You add Steph into the mix, and while he's a prolific scorer, he's supremely unselfish.

KD will want to fit in and show that he's not a ball stopper, so he's going to pass more. Draymond's natural role is a passer, so he'll keep doing that. Klay will want to show he's fine getting a few less touches and will pass more. Steph will want to show KD that he's not about being an Alpha and he's about winning, so he'll pass more.

Someone's going to have to take a shot. I can see plenty of scenario's that will play out like this:

Pick and Roll with Steph and Draymond. Dray gets the ball with a decent look but opts to pass to Klay in the corner for a better look. Klay passes up the look to pass to KD, and the defense collapses on him. Warriors end up getting a worse shot than both previous passes would have allowed.

This is going to happen because guys will have to figure it out. I think with the basketball IQ though on the court, the transition will happen fairly faster than people might anticipate.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah same situation -- good call!

:L

Lebron went to the Heat because D-Wade was already there and Bosh was willing to sign with them as well.

Lebron returned to Cleveland because Kyrie was already there, emerging as a top player and he knew he could force the trade for Love.

In both cases, he was joining a stacked team. Just like KD did.

So yes, it's the same situation.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You don't understand how basketball works. They were arguably the two best players in the NBA when they came together. They had Chris Bosh, who was one of the best 4s in the league and a great compliment plus other high quality role players. They won because they had the most talent, but their offense literally devolved into Wade and Bron taking turns at times because they both needed the ball and neither could shoot that well from distance.

If Wade complimented LeBron better, they would have won 4 titles.

You play junior high bball? Or further?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play junior high bball? Or further?

I played high school and coached high school for 10 years. I spent 7 years coaching at a private school basketball powerhouse in VA. Over that time, somewhere between 29 players I coached went on to play in college including 8 players who received scholarships to high major programs.

So yeah, I doubt you have a better basketball resume.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played high school and coached high school for 10 years. I spent 7 years coaching at a private school basketball powerhouse in VA. Over that time, somewhere between 29 players I coached went on to play in college including 8 players who received scholarships to high major programs.

I once told a guy to set a screen in a pick up game, he did, it worked and we scored a basket.

So we're pretty much on the same level.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron went to the Heat because D-Wade was already there and Bosh was willing to sign with them as well.

Lebron returned to Cleveland because Kyrie was already there, emerging as a top player and he knew he could force the trade for Love.

if you want to talk in generalizations sure- but the more you actually take time to look at the situations you can see just how completely different they are--- ESPECIALLY when LeBron came back to Cleveland. Its not even close. Just think of it this way- with how much credit LEBron just got from winning the title---- if KD and the Warriors win he wont get 1/10th of the credit and respect that LeBron got.

Situations are completely different under the surface.

Going to a team that has been to the last 2 NBA Finals- with a 2 time MVP, and 3 all nba players- all with vast playoff and championship experience

or

going to a team that had one of the worst records in the league for 4 years- to join two guys that are very talented- but have never played in even one playoff game.

its not even a comparison.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once told a guy to set a screen in a pick up game, he did, it worked and we scored a basket.

So we're pretty much on the same level.

You know basketball. That is abundantly clear.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Don't you know that you're not allowed to compare two things unless they are exactly, 100% the same.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to talk in generalizations sure- but the more you actually take time to look at the situations you can see just how completely different they are--- ESPECIALLY when LeBron came back to Cleveland. Its not even close. Just think of it this way- with how much credit LEBron just got from winning the title---- if KD and the Warriors win he wont get 1/10th of the credit and respect that LeBron got.

Going to a team that has been to the last 2 NBA Finals- with a 2 time MVP, and 3 all nba players- all with vast playoff and championship experience

or

going to a team that had one of the worst records in the league for 4 years- to join two guys that are very talented- but have never played in even one playoff game.

You're comparing what KD did to what Lebron did going BACK to Cleveland. Lebron did the exact same thing going to Miami, but it doesn't matter because it didn't happen with your team>

Lebron and KD did the exact same thing. They teamed up with other stars in pursuit of a championship.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're comparing what KD did to what Lebron did going BACK to Cleveland. Lebron did the exact same thing going to Miami, but it doesn't matter because it didn't happen with your team>

Lebron and KD did the exact same thing. They teamed up with other stars in pursuit of a championship.

I agree with this 100%.

I think Wiggy's response was to Trojan, who said what LeBron did in Cleveland was the same also.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's solid. I played high school in Illinois. Pretty tough competition. Could have played at a small college but played D1 golf instead - I was done running.

So why do you think it will be easier for 3 stars in the back court to blend and play as a team vs 2 stars like Wade and Bron in the backcourt? That's a lot of shots to split plus your talking about mostly jump shooters - not high % shots. Wade and Bron could shoot it but they could slash and go to the hole too. I think it will be tougher for GS. Not to mention we will see how
KD blends on defense.

Not to mention you throw in Nutsack kicker in the mix on GS so you even have less shots to
Go around. Durant is used to taking 20+ shots easy.

I played against the best high school team of all time. 1991 proviso east - Chicago public league undefeated state champs back to back years. 3 players on the high school team drafted in the 1st round of NBA. I watched the best basketball player of all time and the best team of all time. I also watched the best coach of all time. In the best state for bball hands down.

Bball is part of life when u live in Illinois

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's solid. I played high school in Illinois. Pretty tough competition. Could have played at a small college but played D1 golf instead - I was done running.

So why do you think it will be easier for 3 stars in the back court to blend and play as a team vs 2 stars like Wade and Bron in the backcourt? That's a lot of shots to split plus your talking about mostly jump shooters - not high % shots. Wade and Bron could shoot it but they could slash and go to the hole too. I think it will be tougher for GS. Not to mention we will see how
KD blends on defense.

Not to mention you throw in Nutsack kicker in the mix on GS so you even have less shots to
Go around. Durant is used to taking 20+ shots easy.

I played against the best high school team of all time. 1991 proviso east - Chicago public league undefeated state champs back to back years. 3 players on the high school team drafted in the 1st round of NBA. I watched the best basketball player of all time and the best team of all time. I also watched the best coach of all time. In the best state for bball hands down.

Bball is part of life when u live in Illinois

I have already explained myself as to why the 3 Warriors will fit better than LeBron and Wade did. It is simple. They don't need the ball. LeBron and Wade both do.

Assuming that jump shots are not high percentage looks is a classic mistake made by people from last eras. Even the best coaches from the 90s did not fully understand how to utilize the 3 point line as an offensive weapon.

If I shoot 40% from 3, that is equivalent to shooting 60% from 2. Good luck getting that from post ups and midrange. An open 3 for a shooter like Curry or Klay is every bit as good as a dunk, because they will hit about 2/3 for a true shooting % of 100.

Besides, the reason that GS struggled in the playoffs was because they had nobody who could create a shot for themselves when things broke down. Curry was hobbled and unable to separate. Klay is not that kind of player. Add in Durant, who can get whatever shot he wants whenever he wants it, and is inherently unselfish. You have the missing ingredient for GS to be truly special.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already explained myself as to why the 3 Warriors will fit better than LeBron and Wade did. It is simple. They don't need the ball. LeBron and Wade both do.

Assuming that jump shots are not high percentage looks is a classic mistake made by people from last eras. Even the best coaches from the 90s did not fully understand how to utilize the 3 point line as an offensive weapon.

If I shoot 40% from 3, that is equivalent to shooting 60% from 2. Good luck getting that from post ups and midrange. An open 3 for a shooter like Curry or Klay is every bit as good as a dunk, because they will hit about 2/3 for a true shooting % of 100.

Besides, the reason that GS struggled in the playoffs was because they had nobody who could create a shot for themselves when things broke down. Curry was hobbled and unable to separate. Klay is not that kind of player. Add in Durant, who can get whatever shot he wants whenever he wants it, and is inherently unselfish. You have the missing ingredient for GS to be truly special.

And your explanation doesn't make alot of sense. So Curry and KD don't need the ball but Wade and Bron did? If KD can get his own shot why didn't he do it up 3-1? He got his ass D'd up. What do you think Lebron will do on KD? D his ass up.

I've seen 1 team win a title in all of basketball that lived on jump shots. That was last year GS. You have to have balance in basketball. The pro game is definitely moving away from dominating in the post which is sad really, but if you live by the 3 and you die by the 3. Sure am open 3 might be a better % shot, but As defense gets tougher those longer shots become low % shots get tougher and tougher IMO.

I just don't see a jump shooting team being a consistent champion.

Defense wins championships. Balance and ball movement on offense wins championships.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmmm, you do know that he gets a bigger deal if he signs as a ten year vet next year, right?

That was always the plan, even if he stayed in OKC.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus didn't Westbrook say, "Our relationship will never be the same." lol. If he wants to play with Westbrook in the future he would have stayed in OKC. He either signs with GS again or moves on to a team he wants to go play for.

KD made that statement, not RW.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

Sorry, not buying any of this. It's joining a stacked team...period. You can try to spin it however you want. At the end of the day, it boils down to the same thing...going to a stacked team.

If you think KD is a coward, then you have to think the same about Lebron. Unless you don't mind being hypocritical.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

You make it sound like James didn't join a group of players who were viewed as a clear cut favorite to make the Finals the day he left.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, not buying any of this. It's joining a stacked team...period. You can try to spin it however you want. At the end of the day, it boils down to the same thing...going to a stacked team.

If you think KD is a coward, then you have to think the same about Lebron. Unless you don't mind being hypocritical.

Exactly.
Yes, Durant joined an already loaded, proven team, but James knew in advance that Love would join him and that looking at the other rosters in the East, that he'd be basically penciled into the Finals.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your explanation doesn't make alot of sense. So Curry and KD don't need the ball but Wade and Bron did? If KD can get his own shot why didn't he do it up 3-1? He got his ass D'd up. What do you think Lebron will do on KD? D his ass up.

I've seen 1 team win a title in all of basketball that lived on jump shots. That was last year GS. You have to have balance in basketball. The pro game is definitely moving away from dominating in the post which is sad really, but if you live by the 3 and you die by the 3. Sure am open 3 might be a better % shot, but As defense gets tougher those longer shots become low % shots get tougher and tougher IMO.

I just don't see a jump shooting team being a consistent champion.

Defense wins championships. Balance and ball movement on offense wins championships.

Good thing the Warriors have defense and ball movement. Also, they're not just a jump shooting team. They score quite a bit in the paint. KD should help with that, too.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but one was a little more stacked then the other...Lebron still had to beat the team he had lost to when jumping ship...he didn't jump ship to the spurs after losing to them lol