• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant Signed A One Year Deal Only

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, the Cavs are only stacked because LeBron is on the team. Remove him from the roster, and the Cavs probably would have missed the playoffs this year. What was their record without him, 3-14?

Because of their growth, the core minus LeBron is certainly good enough to be a playoff team without him, but nowhere close to contender status. This is NOT the same as what Durant did this year, or what LeBron did in 2010. That being said, if you have an issue with one and not the other, you are most definitely a hipocrite. Hate on both, or be okay with both.

THe problem is that anytime a truly elite player changes teams, the balance of the entire league gets shifted. Of course these guys are going to decide to move somewhere that provides a better chance to win if they do in fact decide to leave. Nobody cares when a guy like Chandler Parsons joins a talented roster, because he does not add more than a couple wins. If LeBron or Durant leave the impact is much greater, and people hate the change.

I agree with much of this. I agree with the statement that the team is stacked because Lebron is on it. However, the reason it's stacked because of Lebron, sin't just because he's a great player. Without Lebron, the moves that helped create the stacked team don't happen. Without Lebron, there is also no Kevin Love, no JR Smith, etc.

I fully understand the impact that a great player has on any roster. However, that doesn't change the fact that Lebron joined stacked rosters 2 different times and that Cavs fans are being hypocritical when they call KD a coward for doing the same thing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with much of this. I agree with the statement that the team is stacked because Lebron is on it. However, the reason it's stacked because of Lebron, sin't just because he's a great player. Without Lebron, the moves that helped create the stacked team don't happen. Without Lebron, there is also no Kevin Love, no JR Smith, etc.

I fully understand the impact that a great player has on any roster. However, that doesn't change the fact that Lebron joined stacked rosters 2 different times and that Cavs fans are being hypocritical when they call KD a coward for doing the same thing.

But, say LeBron changes course and joins the Bucks, Wizards, or Magic this season. Those teams would immediately vault to the top of the East and you would be saying the same thing. You add LeBron to any 30-35 win core in the East and they go to the Finals. He is that good.

Joining Kyrie and the assets required to get Love is not the same as joining Wade and Bosh. Wade and LeBron were arguably the two best players in the league when they joined forces. That is much more comparable to what KD did in GS. There is a big difference in joining a couple Allstars vs. joining a legit superstar. There are a very small number of players who can singlehandedly turn a franchise. Wade, Curry, LeBron and Durant are on that level. Irving and Love were not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me clarify. Wade was on that level in 2010. He isn't anymore.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, say LeBron changes course and joins the Bucks, Wizards, or Magic this season. Those teams would immediately vault to the top of the East and you would be saying the same thing. You add LeBron to any 30-35 win core in the East and they go to the Finals. He is that good.

Joining Kyrie and the assets required to get Love is not the same as joining Wade and Bosh. Wade and LeBron were arguably the two best players in the league when they joined forces. That is much more comparable to what KD did in GS. There is a big difference in joining a couple Allstars vs. joining a legit superstar. There are a very small number of players who can singlehandedly turn a franchise. Wade, Curry, LeBron and Durant are on that level. Irving and Love were not.

Now you're trying to split hairs. Lebron joined stacked teams twice. Whether or not 1 team was a little more stacked than the other doesn't matter. A stacked team is a stacked team.

Kyrie was emerging as one of the top players in the game and Love was already established as a top player in the league. It's not like Lebron jumped to the Lakers and a bunch of unproven players.

Bottom line...Lebron joined stacked teams twice, KD has done it once and Cavs fans that are calling KD a coward are hypocritical. They're just pissed because KD going to the Warriors likely ends the Cavs title streak at 1.

Would Cavs fans be calling KD a coward if the Cavs traded away Love and convinced KD to sign with them?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're trying to split hairs. Lebron joined stacked teams twice. Whether or not 1 team was a little more stacked than the other doesn't matter. A stacked team is a stacked team.

Kyrie was emerging as one of the top players in the game and Love was already established as a top player in the league. It's not like Lebron jumped to the Lakers and a bunch of unproven players.

Bottom line...Lebron joined stacked teams twice, KD has done it once and Cavs fans that are calling KD a coward are hypocritical. They're just pissed because KD going to the Warriors likely ends the Cavs title streak at 1.

Would Cavs fans be calling KD a coward if the Cavs traded away Love and convinced KD to sign with them?

I agree they are being hippocrical to a degree, but there is a reason why 1 Of LeBron's moves was universally despised and the other celebrated. It has to do with the talent level of teammates. Cleveland's roster had potential, I give you that, but in the exact same way that the Lakers roster has potential today. Their talent was far from being realized, but LeBron took them to another level and shortcutted the rebuild.

Joining a future HOF caliber player and former champion is much different than joining a 22 year old with promise who has never been to the playoffs. Love and Bosh were about the same as far as status. Bosh is the far superior player, but when Cleveland got Love, he was valued very similarly to where Bosh was when he signed in Miami. The difference comes down to Wade vs. Kyrie, and it is not particularly close based on what each man had accomplished prior to teaming with LeBron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they are being hippocrical to a degree, but there is a reason why 1 Of LeBron's moves was universally despised and the other celebrated. It has to do with the talent level of teammates.

I disagree. The move to Cleveland was celebrated because it was their hometown hero returning and it put the Cavs in a position to be able to end Cleveland's championship drought. It had nothing to do with a perceived difference in talent level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The move to Cleveland was celebrated because it was their hometown hero returning and it put the Cavs in a position to be able to end Cleveland's championship drought. It had nothing to do with a perceived difference in talent level.

I figured you might say that.

We will just have to agree to disagree then :suds:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he fails to win the chip and goes to the Lakers, he will be destroyed.
I don't like the idea of Durant coming to LA I think the Lakers needs two more years to develop