• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant Signed A One Year Deal Only

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James was in a different situation....Durant had a stacked team in OKC...Durant was 1 game away from making the finals before he choked....

Lebron had to leave, when he left the cavs they were getting older, and had been going backwards in the playoffs losing in an even lesser round from the year before....and lebron carried the heat in every statistical category....durant is just tagging along

No one is saying Lebron didn't have to leave to win titles. It was pretty clear when he left Cleveland that he wasn't going to win any titles staying there. His choices at that point were basically...leave, join a stacked team in Miami and have a great chance at winning titles...or stay in Cleveland and end up being like John Stockton or Karl Malone.

No one is even saying that he didn't have to leave the Heat to continue winning titles. It certainly looked like the run was probably over there as well (especially with what's going on with Bosh's health). Had he stayed, it's likely they would have made the finals because of how weak the East is. But the days of actually winning a title in Miami were likely over unless Riley had a minor miracle up his sleeve.

No one is even saying that he was wrong or is criticizing him for leaving. In both cases, he fulfilled his contracts both in the number of years he played and in how hard he played and tried to win for those teams.

What is being said is that he joined stacked teams and Cavs fans are being hypocritical when they criticize KD for doing the same thing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James was in a different situation....Durant had a stacked team in OKC...Durant was 1 game away from making the finals before he choked....

Lebron had to leave, when he left the cavs they were getting older, and had been going backwards in the playoffs losing in an even lesser round from the year before....and lebron carried the heat in every statistical category....durant is just tagging along

exactly. look at lebron's last 2 Finals performances. simply unbelievable- i mean- better than that- some of the best basketball any of us will ever watch from an individual player.

If KD lights it up in the playoffs and leads the Thunder to the title and does LeBron-like things- we will definitely give him the appropriate amount of credit he deserves.

right now the perception is that KD couldnt hack it on his own, choked away a 3-1 lead- and then went and joined his biggest rivals that just took it away from him so he can coast to a title. Only he can change that perception by how he plays- and really- he cant do shit about it till June...

.the next few months are going to pressure cooker unlike anything he ever endured in podunk OKC while doing Campbells soup commercials with his mom playing up the small town guy thing and being generally liked by everyone.

now? TOTALLY different ball game. LeBron is one of the most intelligent, stubborn, strong willed , highly scrutinized (probably the most highly scrutinized) players that has ever played- and it temporarily broke HIM...i cant imagine what its gonna do to the Durant the Soft.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
durant choked- as he always has...he had so much more help than lebron ever had his first time in cleveland its not even comparable. lol

This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Lebron joined a stacked team. Literally...nothing to do with it.

LeBron took 2 guys who had never made the playoffs- 2 young guys with reputations for being very talented but unfinisished products who had zero combined playoff experience- and questionable defense- and turned a team that was at the top of the lotto into NBA Champions.

This has nothing to do with how good Kyrie and Love are. Literally, nothing to do with it. Also, Lebron didn't join tha lotto Cavs...he joined a team that turned over 2/3 of it's roster and was adding himself and Kevin Love.

The fact that Cavs fans have to deflect to things that have nothing to do with the the topic just shows how desperate you all are.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it amazes me how much some fans(Cavs fans more than others) want to see KD barbecued over what he's doing but wanna give LeClown a pass for the same damn thing. talk about hypocritical...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Lebron joined a stacked team. Literally...nothing to do with it.

This has nothing to do with how good Kyrie and Love are. Literally, nothing to do with it. Also, Lebron didn't join tha lotto Cavs...he joined a team that turned over 2/3 of it's roster and was adding himself and Kevin Love.

The fact that Cavs fans have to deflect to things that have nothing to do with the the topic just shows how desperate you all are.
so what you are saying is there is no difference between KD going to a team that just got to 2 Finals and won one- and Lebron going to a team that had been in the lotto and sucked for 4 years? Really?

you are saying that playoff experience is irrelevant and only POTENTIAL talent matters?

i gotta say- i think thats totally wrong- i think its a HUGE deal that KD jumped on guy's jocks that had a ton of playoff and championship experience when compared to LeBron who was going in to LEAD rather than FOLLOW.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what you are saying is there is no difference between KD going to a team that just got to 2 Finals and won one- and Lebron going to a team that had been in the lotto and sucked for 4 years? Really?

you are saying that playoff experience is irrelevant and only POTENTIAL talent matters?

i gotta say- i think thats totally wrong- i think its a HUGE deal that KD jumped on guy's jocks that had a ton of playoff and championship experience when compared to LeBron who was going in to LEAD rather than FOLLOW.

What I am saying is that going to a stacked team is going to a stacked team. It doesn't matter how that team became stacked or how they performed the season before.

Lebron joined a stacked team twice. KD just joined a stacked team. The only difference is that Lebron joined with stacking the team being part of the deal. KD joined a team that was already stacked. Either way, they both joined stacked teams.

Playoff experience has nothing to do with how good the players he was joining are. Kyrie and Love were already top players in the league. The fact that they hadn't been to the playoffs doesn't change that.

You can keep trying to spin it...but it's not going to work. You just keep looking like a hypocrite.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is that going to a stacked team is going to a stacked team. It doesn't matter how that team became stacked or how they performed the season before.

Lebron joined a stacked team twice. KD just joined a stacked team. The only difference is that Lebron joined with stacking the team being part of the deal. KD joined a team that was already stacked. Either way, they both joined stacked teams.

Playoff experience has nothing to do with how good the players he was joining are. Kyrie and Love were already top players in the league. The fact that they hadn't been to the playoffs doesn't change that.

You can keep trying to spin it...but it's not going to work. You just keep looking like a hypocrite.

Yea but he picked the most stacked team possible

It would be equivalent to curry after losing that 3-1 lead to the cavs, then turning around and joining the cavs this year...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And? They both still joined stacked teams. Additionally, when consider that an in his prime Lebron joined the Heat with an in his prime D-Wade and an in his prime Chris Bosh, the Heat team Lebron joined was just as stacked as the Warriors team that KD just joined.

And before you say "the Heat weren't coming off back to back finals" it doesn't change how good the players were that he was joining.

He also joined a stacked team when he returned to Cleveland. Kyrie was/is just entering his prime and Kevin Love was only about a season or 2 into his.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be equivalent to curry after losing that 3-1 lead to the cavs, then turning around and joining the cavs this year...

I thought a big part of the Warriors success was their depth, that had to be dispersed to make room for Durant?

Therefore he's not joining the same TEAM that made the Finals the previous 2 seasons (and even if he was, so what)?

Next year, Curry is a FA.
If he decided to join the Cavs, you guys would be orgasmic, not ripping him.

#scaredshitless

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, the Cavs are only stacked because LeBron is on the team. Remove him from the roster, and the Cavs probably would have missed the playoffs this year. What was their record without him, 3-14?

Because of their growth, the core minus LeBron is certainly good enough to be a playoff team without him, but nowhere close to contender status. This is NOT the same as what Durant did this year, or what LeBron did in 2010. That being said, if you have an issue with one and not the other, you are most definitely a hipocrite. Hate on both, or be okay with both.

THe problem is that anytime a truly elite player changes teams, the balance of the entire league gets shifted. Of course these guys are going to decide to move somewhere that provides a better chance to win if they do in fact decide to leave. Nobody cares when a guy like Chandler Parsons joins a talented roster, because he does not add more than a couple wins. If LeBron or Durant leave the impact is much greater, and people hate the change.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To prove my point about LeBron's value, if he decided to change teams today and joined another East Conference team with no other roster subtractions, how many of those teams would not be good enough to win the East?

I bet you can't find more than 2 or 3.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought a big part of the Warriors success was their depth, that had to be dispersed to make room for Durant?

Therefore he's not joining the same TEAM that made the Finals the previous 2 seasons (and even if he was, so what)?

Next year, Curry is a FA.
If he decided to join the Cavs, you guys would be orgasmic, not ripping him.

#scaredshitless
fuck that--- i dont want curry- we have the guy who just whooped his ass in the finals signed up long term on a great deal.

i want to beat that guy again.....watching him throw his mouthguard into the stands and crying like a little girl was PRICELESS.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck that--- i dont want curry- we have the guy who just whooped his ass in the finals signed up long term on a great deal.

i want to beat that guy again.....watching him throw his mouthguard into the stands and crying like a little girl was PRICELESS.

If those exact same calls would have been made against James and the Cavs would have lost, you would be in hibernation still.

Did Curry foul out of any other games last season? Last 2 seasons?

And you have alot more to worry about now then just beating him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those exact same calls would have been made against James and the Cavs would have lost, you would be in hibernation still.

Hey how much longer do we all have to wait until you start speculating when LeBron will leave the Cavs again? :D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i wish we could create a CRY button for this post.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey how much longer do we all have to wait until you start speculating when LeBron will leave the Cavs again? :D
ohh...its like clockwork

riley will get a meeting and not sign the guy

lebron will go on vacation and delay signing and turnup will post passive aggressive shit about lebron leaving

like clockwork.....we all know the results of both too...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish we could create a CRY button for this post.

Not needed.
I NEVER said one word about the officiating.

My point was IMO he did have every right to be frustrated with some of those calls.

You disagree?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not needed.
I NEVER said one word about the officiating.

My point was IMO he did have every right to be frustrated with some of those calls.

You disagree?
your joking right? just because hes frusterated doesnt turn you into a crybaby

AT HOME- with Cleveland being by FAR the more aggressive team going to the hoop each team had 25 fouls that game....so please- sell crazy elsewhere- we are all stocked up here ;) if ANYONE should have had a gripe its the Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh...its like clockwork

riley will get a meeting and not sign the guy

lebron will go on vacation and delay signing and turnup will post passive aggressive shit about lebron leaving

like clockwork.....we all know the results of both too...

James isn't going anywhere this season, but why hasn't he signed?

Maybe something to do with J.R.??

If the Cavs don't win next year, then of course there will be speculation that he might leave, and it would be a distinct possibility.

He broke the curse.
He now is free to roam wherever and whenever he wants.

You disagree?

As far as the Heat, I'm not worried at all (assuming Bosh if off the books).

Anytime Riley has THAT much available cash, he reels in some fish.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your joking right? just because hes frusterated doesnt turn you into a crybaby

AT HOME- with Cleveland being by FAR the more aggressive team going to the hoop each team had 25 fouls that game....so please- sell crazy elsewhere- we are all stocked up here ;) if ANYONE should have had a gripe its the Cavs.

Curry knew he overreacted. I do agree with that.
He knew it, was laughing within 30 seconds though, and apologized to the person.

As far as teams fouls, in general, I don't recall. It wasn't a factor.

Some of the Curry ones though, we pretty bad and RARELY called against superstars, and especially superstars in foul trouble.

I'm not saying it cost the Warriors anything, because he wasn't playing very well.

I'm just saying I see why he was frustrated.

As far as crybaby, you better look back at James' resume after some losses...