• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant broke the NBA

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has to calm down if they don't want to. Go ahead and ignore the significance of how it went down all you want. It's a personal choice.

There is no significance to "how it went down."

An extremely unlikely set of consequences converged to allow it to happen. If even 1 thing changes slightly, it doesn't happen.

If you want to spend your time pissing and moaning over it, then I guess that's your "personal choice."

Laughing at you for it is my "personal choice" and the "personal choice" of a few others as well.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't really had much chance previously.

Just because it hasn't been "this unbalanced" doesn't change the fact that it has always been unbalanced. As I posted before, this Warriors team is an outlier. It took a perfect storm of circumstances for this to happen.

Folks just need to calm the hell down. The sky isn't falling, this will pass and the league will return to it's normal unbalanced but not "this unbalanced" seasons that we're all used to.

The West was pretty solid and balanced before KD left OKC

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no significance to "how it went down."

An extremely unlikely set of consequences converged to allow it to happen. If even 1 thing changes slightly, it doesn't happen.

If you want to spend your time pissing and moaning over it, then I guess that's your "personal choice."

Laughing at you for it is my "personal choice" and the "personal choice" of a few others as well.

It's everyone's personal choice how they want to view how it went down and what his title means, including his. A lot of people think it has the significance of an ultra stacked little league team. They are entitled to their opinion just like others are entitled to act like it's all fn roses and things are fantastic.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's everyone's personal choice how they want to view how it went down and what his title means, including his. A lot of people think it has the significance of an ultra stacked little league team. They are entitled to their opinion just like others are entitled to act like it's all fn roses and things are fantastic.
Your personal choice is wrong...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has to calm down if they don't want to. Go ahead and ignore the significance of how it went down all you want. It's a personal choice.
What is this significance?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses Malone says hi.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses Malone says hi.

That has been brought up before, then completely disproven. He went to a team thst had lost in the first round of the playoffs.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been brought up before, then completely disproven. He went to a team thst had lost in the first round of the playoffs.

WRONG!

He went to a team that had just lost in the NBA Finals.

The 1982 NBA Finals saw the Lakers beat the 76ers in six games.

The 76ers then added Malone and went on to lose just 1 game in the 1983 NBA Playoffs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors were going to win the title pretty easy without Durant last year. I don't think KD will get respect as a true champion until he proves he can lead his own team to a title.

But he did lead the team to a title. He was the Finals MVP.

What you meant to say is you'll never respect KD for leaving OKC until he comes back and helps OKC win.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get bullshit for being utterly, fucking wrong.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG!

The 76ers then added Malone and went on to lose just 1 game in the 1983 NBA Playoffs.

Gasp! But KD was the only one to ever do this. That's what I've been hearing from the peanut gallery. Fucking simps.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And OKC fans were not the ones to label him "cupcake" and "ring chaser".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And OKC fans were not the ones to label him "cupcake" and "ring chaser".

Ummmm.

Yes. Actually they did. The cupcake shirsts were created by OKC fans making fun of KD. The term was originally used in OKC by Kendrick Perkins to call out teammates when they were being soft. In this case, it was absolutely the fans.

I understand being mad, but at least you guys could post stuff that isn't 100% wrong.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG!

It was late and I misspoke but this has been disproven. Malone left a team thst finished 6th in the western conference and had lost in the first round of the playoffs. He then completely changed conferences. Yeah, thst sounds exactly like a guy joining a team that had won a title without him and he had down 3-1 in the conference finals. If this is the closest thing you guys can find as a comparison it shows even more how much of a bitch move it was.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West was pretty solid and balanced before KD left OKC

Not really. You had the Warriors and the Spurs. OKC was a bit of a threat, but they weren't getting past The Spurs or Warriors.

There was an appearance of more balance in the West because of the West being a much better conference. But it was still the Warriors and Spurs with everyone else chasing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

I think OKC fans may be even more butthurt than Cavs fans when Lebron left.

As for how it went down, it's not significant. It was an outlier, so there will be no real long term effects. End of the day, an unrestricted free agent left the team he had been playing for and went to a different team. Just as he was "entitled" to do and just as unrestricted FA's do every single off-season.

You OKC fans have been bitching and crying for over a year now. But I guess that's what you're "entitled" to do.

Just like the rest of us are "entitled" to laugh at you about it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh away, laugh away. It's not just in OKC though, you don't have to listen very hard to hear it being said all over. He did what he wanted to do all along and no one begrudges him that, he just couldn't be a man about it. That's ok, there aren't as many men as there used to be. We really are over this, we just aren't going to let people call it something it's not and act like what he did has happened before, much less happens all the time. That really sums it up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did what he wanted to do all along and no one begrudges him that,

OKC fans do.

We really are over this,

Literally every one of your posts on this says you aren't.

we just aren't going to let people call it something it's not

So, only OKC fans are "entitled" to say and believe what they want about it. Good to know.

act like what he did has happened before, much less happens all the time.

It happens every single off season. Top FA's leave.

The specific instance of a top 5 player joining a championship team hasn't happened before because the set of circumstances that allowed it to happen had never taken place before. It is also highly unlikely that those circumstances will ever happen again. It was just the bad luck of Thunder fans that it was KD that it happened with.