• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant broke the NBA

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 67 win Warriors were the worst post-MJ champion? You really want to make that argument?
I might be a little too hard on them because I'm used to seeing Western Conference teams actually play a real contender or two in the West and I'm not used to the obvious best player on the court in the Finals being on the losing team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be a little too hard on them because I'm used to seeing Western Conference teams actually play a real contender or two in the West and I'm not used to the obvious best player on the court in the Finals being on the losing team.
Just saying...

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a joke or what? The last 3 Finals have been between the LeBrons and the Warriors, do you know many times Durant played in those? The Nba has been broken well before Durant joined the Warriors

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a joke or what? The last 3 Finals have been between the LeBrons and the Warriors, do you know many times Durant played in those? The Nba has been broken well before Durant joined the Warriors
So basically, it is a battle of a single great PLAYER vs a great TEAM. I think that is a great study. You have perfect examples of the two camps of how the game is played.

I like the dichotomy.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, it is a battle of a single great PLAYER vs a great TEAM. I think that is a great study. You have perfect examples of the two camps of how the game is played.

I like the dichotomy.
It pretty much is a battle of a great team player vs a great team, but that wasnt my point. My point is that Kevin Durant didnt "Break" the Nba, when before he joined the Warriors it had been the same thing the past few years.

He pretty much just kept it where it was at.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pretty much is a battle of a great team player vs a great team, but that wasnt my point. My point is that Kevin Durant didnt "Break" the Nba, when before he joined the Warriors it had been the same thing the past few years.

He pretty much just kept it where it was at.
But what I am saying is that it isn't broken.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the dichotomy.
The first two years was a great study. A back and forth of 2 different team building styles.

Last year was not that. Last year was 'we have 2 of the 4 best players in the league, they play well together, and they are going to run the show' and what makes them better than other champions that did that in the past is that they also had the talent they accumulated previously.

The NBA will likely go back to normal here in 1-3 years but Durant really did create a monster.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two years was a great study. A back and forth of 2 different team building styles.

Last year was not that. Last year was 'we have 2 of the 4 best players in the league, they play well together, and they are going to run the show' and what makes them better than other champions that did that in the past is that they also had the talent they accumulated previously.

The NBA will likely go back to normal here in 1-3 years but Durant really did create a monster.

So did Jordan. And it was a great time to be a NBA fan.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it? I only remember watching the Bulls.

Everyone either watched to root for the Bulls, or to root against them, or to see the GOAT in his glory, or all 3. It was a great time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone either watched to root for the Bulls, or to root against them, or to see the GOAT in his glory, or all 3. It was a great time.
FWIW, I remember legitimately thinking the Suns would beat them. The Warriors just feel more like a better Suns team and not that Bulls team. The media put a lot of money into MJ so everyone knew he was the GOAT. Lebron is our generations MJ and we're watching him lose more often than not and watching him jump from team to team. The optics are totally different, imo.

I like watching great teams and great players. The NBA playoffs are usually pretty fantastic. Maybe the Spurs step up and do something interesting this year but all I can say is that since you're actually a Warriors fan then you're going to be hearing about the unbalance in the NBA all of next year so strap in because all of the other teams NBA fans need something to talk about.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really are over this, we just aren't going to let people call it something it's not
Literally every one of your posts on this says you aren't.

So, only OKC fans are "entitled" to say and believe what they want about it. Good to know.

I'm not a Thunder fan, nor am I from OKC or the state of Oklahoma, yet I purchased a "Koward" t-shirt mocking KD for $16 on ebay. So, what's my excuse?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I remember legitimately thinking the Suns would beat them. The Warriors just feel more like a better Suns team and not that Bulls team. The media put a lot of money into MJ so everyone knew he was the GOAT. Lebron is our generations MJ and we're watching him lose more often than not and watching him jump from team to team. The optics are totally different, imo.

I like watching great teams and great players. The NBA playoffs are usually pretty fantastic. Maybe the Spurs step up and do something interesting this year but all I can say is that since you're actually a Warriors fan then you're going to be hearing about the unbalance in the NBA all of next year so strap in because all of the other teams NBA fans need something to talk about.

I'm well aware the Ws are a level above (for the next 2 years only so be patient). I'm just pointing out that the NBA has usually had some team or two dominating the others, it's always pretty unbalanced. Doesn't make it less compelling (to me, everyone can be whatever kind of fan they want). I would feel that way even if I wasn't a Ws fan, I'd be excited to see one of the best teams ever do their thing. I was no Laker fan but loved Showtime, I wasn't a Bulls fan but the 90s Bulls were must see TV, etc. The Ws play the game like we all say we want: fast paced, unselfish, lots of passing, no ISO ball, very good defense. This is great product.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Thunder fan, nor am I from OKC or the state of Oklahoma, yet I purchased a "Koward" t-shirt mocking KD for $16 on ebay. So, what's my excuse?

You're a disturbed idiot who wishes serious injury on a player because he doesn't want to play for your team.

That's your excuse.

Last edited:

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're an idiot