• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Life Of Kobe Bryant In Pictures

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been very quietly mourning the death of Kobe Bryant.

It was too painful to even post about for the first week.

The first week i ignored it like it didn't happen.

I had been avoiding the unavoidable. Everywhere i looked in the net it was Kobe this. Kobe that. Slowly I began to accept and watch.

I would see articles, read them, and ask myself, truly, is this even real? I couldn't believe this. This just cant be real. I went on his Wiki many times, just to see the posting of when his life ended. The date, the time, the circumstances. Many things ran through my mind. He will never make his HOF speech. We will never be able to say what he could of said. The stories he could have told. The things he could have made us think and laugh about. How? He was only 41. He had kids. How could one of my sports heroes die like this? Watching simulations of the crash. Watching tributes. Reading comments on youtube saying how they didnt even watch basketball, or know kobe, but feel something they cant explain. Those hurt. What is this?

Watching. Quietly. No emotion.

I didn't mention it to my fiance, from the initial shock.

For weeks I went on not mentioning a word about Kobe.

Just quietly watching the murals. Mural after mural. Tribute after tribute around the world. Still not accepting his death.

There has never been i player i followed or watched so closely like Kobe Bryant. There probably wont ever be another. 20 years going to staples looking for Kobe. Thinking about Kobe. What can Kobe do today? Come on Kobe you can do it. Ruptured Achilles you can do it. Year after year of criticism. Year after year of saying hes paid to much. Hes not good anymore. 2011 Harden is better than Kobe lol. Then his last game. He had the most prolific Ending to a career in history, of any sport, of any great athlete. Fuck score 60 in a pick up game, put in twenty years at the highest level of being a world class athlete, and score 60. God damn i want to knock down the ten foot jumper lol.

As a lifelong Laker fan, a diehard basketball fan, the only game i truly love to play and watch even if it isn't the Lakers, the news of Kobe Bryant's death has been devastating. Its hard to explain to someone what its like to feel this way for someone you didn't know. But me and Kobe grew up together. He in a very public spotlight, me in a very dark and dim one. I watched and cheered for Kobe for 20 years. Kobe wasn't just a basketball player. He inspired me. He gave me something to get excited about when there was nothing else. Who wouldn't have wanted to live the life of Kobe Bryant.

Its the dream.

th

ESPN Special Tribute issue. They no longer print on a regular basis, only under special circumstances. Get it at CVS. Buy it in person, not online lots of fakes.

Kobe-Bryant-through-the-years_1_1.jpg

The Draft.

Kobe was only 17 years old when he was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets out of Lower Merion High School, in a suburb of Philadelphia, in 1996 and quickly traded to the Lakers. He was the youngest player ever drafted by the NBA.

“Kobe was a minor when he came to us,” Vitti recalled. “If I wanted to give him an Advil I had to call his mother.”

basketball-nba-slam-dunk-contest-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-in-picture-id83887694

The Dunk Contest.

bil-kobe-4th.jpg

The Airballs and Questions.

kobe-bryant-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-poses-with-the-nba-championship-picture-id71167194

The First title In the showers. Bad ass jacket. Find me one lol.

ab565c93_original_crop_north.jpg

The Second title against he pound for pound greatest.

NINTCHDBPICT000557509652.jpg

The third title, and Keith van Horn lol

lakers-kobe-bryant-celebrates-his-gamewinning-shot-in-overtime-the-picture-id564028317

Kobe Bryant leads the barely making the playoffs Lakers against he Number one team in the league. Who won the most games, and scored the most points in league history, to a 3-1 series lead. Long live smush.

kobe-bryant-81-points-january-22-2006.jpg

81 points the second greatest scoring game in NBA history.

1*O-M7KNs__IQwEtLEdy67gw.jpeg

Kobe Bryant describes the victory as his "sweetest" against the Celtics in 2010 finals game 7.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maxresdefault.jpg

Kobe Bryant Passes Micheal Jordan to become the greatest scoring Shooting Guard in The History of the League.

kobe11-e1580086557192.jpg

Remember the Og

15lakers03-master675.jpg

Kobe Bryant Scores 60 to cap a remarkable 20 year career

The Memorial in Dubai.

h-t-instagram-sportscenter.jpg

There were many tributes, none really got to me like the one the Kings did. They included the what could have been, his daughter.

Going to miss going "oh shit, Kobes at the game"

Always with GIGI

23993564-7939413-Kobe_Bryant_s_grieving_wife_Vanessa_second_from_left_is_trying_h-a-2_1580242102865.jpg

Rest in peace Kobe Bean Bryant. You lived what you preach, never more evident than scoring 60 in your last game, you truly lived with a relentless drive for excellence. Proving to us all its not how old you are, it's how hard you work.

Bryant playing for the Los Angeles Lakers
in December 2015

Personal information
Born
August 23, 1978
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Died January 26, 2020 (aged 41)
Calabasas, California
Nationality American
Listed height 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)[a]
Listed weight 212 lb (96 kg)
Career information
High school
Lower Merion
(Ardmore, Pennsylvania)
NBA draft 1996 / Round: 1 / Pick: 13th overall
Selected by the Charlotte Hornets
Playing career 1996–2016
Position Shooting guard
Number 8, 24

Career history
Los Angeles Lakers

Career highlights and awards

kobe-bryant-tribute-lakers.jpeg

Vitti has had a tough time processing the stark reality that Kobe is really gone and he will never again be in contact with the player he helped transform from a boy to a man.

“His death is a tragedy almost beyond comprehension. And it’s exponential in nature: we didn’t just lose Kobe, we lost his daughter Gianna, and we lost other parents and children who were on that helicopter,” he said. “This has affected so many people, and it will ripple out for such a long time. It’s devastating.”

The off-court Kobe whom Vitti came to know and love was part of their last communication a few weeks ago.

“When Kobe dealt with kids he was the softest, most beautiful, warm hearted guy you could imagine,” he said. “So I wasn’t surprised when he sent me a video of Gigi shooting a patented Kobe Bryant step-back jumper. The text under it said “Anything in this look familiar?”

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHICAGO – NBA Commissioner Adam Silver announced today that the Kia NBA All-Star Game MVP Award has been permanently named for the late Kobe Bryant, an 18-time All-Star who won a record-tying four All-Star Game MVP awards.

The Kia NBA All-Star Game Kobe Bryant MVP Award will be presented on Sunday, Feb. 16 at the conclusion of the 2020 NBA All-Star Game in Chicago, where the league is celebrating the lives of Bryant, his daughter Gianna and seven other people who tragically passed away in a helicopter crash on Jan. 26.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread will be continuously updated

mamba out

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This tribute by Dr. Dre is pretty sweet. Love the shot at the end with Kobe and Gigi on top of Staples with nine stars (for all the victims) streaming across the sky

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This tribute by Dr. Dre is pretty sweet. Love the shot at the end with Kobe and Gigi on top of Staples with nine stars (for all the victims) streaming across the sky
thats pretty bad ass

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maxresdefault.jpg

Kobe Bryant Passes Micheal Jordan to become the greatest scoring Shooting Guard in The History of the League.

Remember the Og

15lakers03-master675.jpg

The Memorial in Dubai.

There were many tributes, none really got to me like the one the Kings did. They included the what could have been, his daughter.

Always with GIGI

23993564-7939413-Kobe_Bryant_s_grieving_wife_Vanessa_second_from_left_is_trying_h-a-2_1580242102865.jpg

Rest in peace Kobe Bean Bryant. You lived what you preach, never more evident than scoring 60 in your last game, you truly lived with a relentless drive for excellence. Proving to us all its not how old you are, it's how hard you work.

in December 2015

Personal information
Born
August 23, 1978
Calabasas, California
Nationality American
Career information
High school
Lower Merion
(Ardmore, Pennsylvania)
Playing career 1996–2016
Position Shooting guard
Number 8, 24

Career history
Los Angeles Lakers

Vitti has had a tough time processing the stark reality that Kobe is really gone and he will never again be in contact with the player he helped transform from a boy to a man.

“His death is a tragedy almost beyond comprehension. And it’s exponential in nature: we didn’t just lose Kobe, we lost his daughter Gianna, and we lost other parents and children who were on that helicopter,” he said. “This has affected so many people, and it will ripple out for such a long time. It’s devastating.”

The off-court Kobe whom Vitti came to know and love was part of their last communication a few weeks ago.

“When Kobe dealt with kids he was the softest, most beautiful, warm hearted guy you could imagine,” he said. “So I wasn’t surprised when he sent me a video of Gigi shooting a patented Kobe Bryant step-back jumper. The text under it said “Anything in this look familiar?”

i cant honor this man the way i should

i just want to honor his legacy

thats all i want

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for this thread. Nice tribute to Kobe for sure.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for this thread. Nice tribute to Kobe for sure.
maxresdefault.jpg

Remember the Og

15lakers03-master675.jpg

The Memorial in Dubai.

Always with GIGI

in December 2015

Personal information
Born
August 23, 1978
Calabasas, California
Nationality American
Career information
High school
Lower Merion
(Ardmore, Pennsylvania)
Playing career 1996–2016
Position Shooting guard
Number 8, 24

Career history
Los Angeles Lakers

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maxresdefault.jpg

Remember the Og

15lakers03-master675.jpg

The Memorial in Dubai.

Always with GIGI

in December 2015

Personal information
Born
August 23, 1978
Calabasas, California
Nationality American
Career information
High school
Lower Merion
(Ardmore, Pennsylvania)
Playing career 1996–2016
Position Shooting guard
Number 8, 24

Career history
Los Angeles Lakers

you know yhour black right