• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant knows his legacy is shot, and in a way I feel for him

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joking or not, this is from KD himself:

I hated the guy when he bandwagoned to a 73-win team, and this dude has always been kind of “fake humble” if you will. But unless you’ve been in those shoes, it’s tough to 100% judge the pressure he’s faced, the “LeBron did this, so you must do that” kind of pressure…

From the moment LeBron became the league’s villain after The Decision in 2010, KD instantly became the good guy of the NBA. The golden child. All eyes were on him.

Six years later with OKC and with one mere finals appearance under his belt, not to mention the rise of that 73-win powerhouse, the pressure was on him more than ever before. And even though his heart may have wanted him to return to OKC, he up and caved and took the easy way out.

The Warriors winning their second title without him was the final nail in the coffin for his legacy as far as most are concerned, at least for those living outside the Bay Area. While I do feel for him to an extent, he ultimately needs to hold himself accountable for the drama he has invoked upon himself the last decade.

I would like to see him wind up in either Memphis or Portland. Even though I’m a Nuggets fan and those are Otto of our biggest rivals, I’d like to see how he handles a small market.

We could, in theory, be seeing another Ben Simmons situation unfolding where this drags into the new year. That said and when the dust settles, I ultimately see him ending up in Phoenix in a sign-and-trade for DeAndre Ayton, Mika’s Bridges, and parts.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go: Durant to the Nuggets
Unable to upload it. MPJ/Bones is the only realistic scenario I could see, and obviously I would/have to support it if it happened.

Just not sure Calvin Booth is the type of GM that would sell off the young talent that he helped drafted for a 34-year-old drama queen...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unable to upload it. MPJ/Bones is the only realistic scenario I could see, and obviously I would/have to support it if it happened.
Just not sure Calvin Booth is the type of GM that would sell off the young talent that he helped drafted for a 34-year-old drama queen...
Weird, you should just click and see the trade.
It is Gordon and Porter straight up for Durant. :pound:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hated the guy when he bandwagoned to a 73-win team, and this dude has always been kind of “fake humble” if you will. But unless you’ve been in those shoes, it’s tough to 100% judge the pressure he’s faced, the “LeBron did this, so you must do that” kind of pressure…

From the moment LeBron became the league’s villain after The Decision in 2010, KD instantly became the good guy of the NBA. The golden child. All eyes were on him.

Six years later with OKC and with one mere finals appearance under his belt, not to mention the rise of that 73-win powerhouse, the pressure was on him more than ever before. And even though his heart may have wanted him to return to OKC, he up and caved and took the easy way out.

The Warriors winning their second title without him was the final nail in the coffin for his legacy as far as most are concerned, at least for those living outside the Bay Area. While I do feel for him to an extent, he ultimately needs to hold himself accountable for the drama he has invoked upon himself the last decade.

I would like to see him wind up in either Memphis or Portland. Even though I’m a Nuggets fan and those are Otto of our biggest rivals, I’d like to see how he handles a small market.

We could, in theory, be seeing another Ben Simmons situation unfolding where this drags into the new year. That said and when the dust settles, I ultimately see him ending up in Phoenix in a sign-and-trade for DeAndre Ayton, Mika’s Bridges, and parts.
Dubs haven’t won 2 since he left.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs haven’t won 2 since he left.
that's not what he's saying. he's saying that the warriors have won their 2nd championship without the help of kevin durant.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is one of the worst shitposts you've ever made and that's with a lot of competition. Wow.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way overblown. KD is an all time great and he was one of the leading members of an all time great team, perhaps the greatest team ever. His legacy is fine except to the haters and to the talking heads who rely on outlandish takes to stay relevant.

It's hard to win a title. Everyone knows that. Some great players didn't win a title. Some only once. KD has two. If he doesn't win another title as a 34 year old or older, it doesn't take anything away from him at all.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way overblown. KD is an all time great and he was one of the leading members of an all time great team, perhaps the greatest team ever. His legacy is fine except to the haters and to the talking heads who rely on outlandish takes to stay relevant.

It's hard to win a title. Everyone knows that. Some great players didn't win a title. Some only once. KD has two. If he doesn't win another title as a 34 year old or older, it doesn't take anything away from him at all.
Dude was the 2 time FMVP on one of the 5 all time best teams in history. Legacy is shot LMAO

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Requesting a trade out of Brooklyn with 4 years left on his contract and possible additional fallout is going to mar his legacy somewhat among the more rational minded. I otherwise agree with this.

The people who say Durant always takes the path of least resistance do not give acknowledgement to him trying to gut it out in the 2019 finals. Many of these same people would be crucifying him, calling him any synonym for soft they could think up if he had done the prudent thing and sat that series out.

But a lot of fans in the epoch of social media seem to prize the veneer of the league being a soap opera costarring them above all else.

KD’s rings are​

Trash 210 75%
Treasure 71 25%

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Requesting a trade out of Brooklyn with 4 years left on his contract and possible additional fallout is going to mar his legacy somewhat among the more rational minded. I otherwise agree with this.

The people who say Durant always takes the path of least resistance do not give acknowledgement to him trying to gut it out in the 2019 finals. Many of these same people would be crucifying him, calling him any synonym for soft they could think up if he had done the prudent thing and sat that series out.

But a lot of fans in the epoch of social media seem to prize the veneer of the league being a soap opera costarring them above all else.

KD’s rings are​

Trash 210 75%
Treasure 71 25%
And it seems to me he won't actually leave Brooklyn, I think they will keep him. Could be wrong of course.

But anyone who thinks KD's 'legacy' will be anything less than top 20 all time player is being ridiculous.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it seems to me he won't actually leave Brooklyn, I think they will keep him. Could be wrong of course.

But anyone who thinks KD's 'legacy' will be anything less than top 20 all time player is being ridiculous.
I mean he still is trying to force his way out from reports. Whether he is successful or not he will still get the same backlash but I do agree, he is top 20 player all-time whether he is a crybaby, soft or whatever people want to call him. He is one of the best shot creators of all-time, one of the sweetest strokes and an indefensible jumpshot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he still is trying to force his way out from reports. Whether he is successful or not he will still get the same backlash but I do agree, he is top 20 player all-time whether he is a crybaby, soft or whatever people want to call him. He is one of the best shot creators of all-time, one of the sweetest strokes and an indefensible jumpshot.
And a two time FMVP on arguably the greatest team of all time

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be both a top 20 all time player and a constant seeker of the most comfortable bandwagon. Those are not mutually exclusive things.

I do not believe his antics will ever out pace his on court achievements.

I think Durant trying to force his way out before his extension has even kicked in will have long term ramifications for future players, and it almost gaurantees a future lockout.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be both a top 20 all time player and a constant seeker of the most comfortable bandwagon. Those are not mutually exclusive things.

I do not believe his antics will ever out pace his on court achievements.

I think Durant trying to force his way out before his extension has even kicked in will have long term ramifications for future players, and it almost gaurantees a future lockout.

Oh trust me the lockout that is coming has nothing to do with Durant. He can thank Harden and Irving for that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh trust me the lockout that is coming has nothing to do with Durant. He can thank Harden and Irving for that.

Yeah, those two are really hurting the power of the players' association.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those two are really hurting the power of the players' association.
Are you proposing that the Players Association is the side that uses lockouts as part of the negation process?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you proposing that the Players Association is the side that uses lockouts as part of the negation process?

I took it as he is suggesting that Harden and Kyrie are weakening the NBAPAs position in the next CBA to the point that a lockout may be imminent. The owners are going to want protections to prevent players doing what Harden and Kyrie have done to force their way out.

What will be interesting is that the NBAPA will likely push back with things like perfectly healthy players like John Wall not being allowed to play because the team is tanking.

Should make for some interesting negotiations as it seems fairly hypocritical for the owners to bitch about Harden and Kyrie while not doing anything about the Rockets and Wall.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion.................NBA Superstars need more and more talent around them as they age, to maintain any semblance of their former selves. Durant hasn't quite reached that point noticeably, yet. In a couple of years, he won't be able to play 36-44 minutes every game nor will he have the gas to run the court for any extended period of time. Even the greats like LeBron can't fool time. If a team trades its young studs to get a Durant,, who is left to give him those needed minutes on the bench?? And make up for the points lost while he's on the bench?