• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant knows his legacy is shot, and in a way I feel for him

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many posters need to explain to you why you are wrong? Your figures represent the bottom third of each roster, as has been explained to you. Those guys come and go which results in your "average career" gotcha moment stat. But for the majority of NBA players they can not be simply replaced with no drop off, that's idiotic.

Maybe you should brush up on what a majority is vs an average. There isn't that may "stars" in the NBA for one.

Sure they can. In fact the NCAA has outperformed the NBA in the last 14/24 years as far as viewership, and nobody knows who is playing on those teams for the most part.

The argument that the stars drive the revenue is a lie. The most recent playoffs without Lebron did better than the one with him. People prefer competition. The stars gaining power and being overpaid and sitting out, has actually caused the NBA to do worse and the trend is pretty obvious if you go all the way back to the Jordan bulls era.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should brush up on what a majority is vs an average. There isn't that may "stars" in the NBA for one.

Sure they can. In fact the NCAA has outperformed the NBA in the last 14/24 years as far as viewership, and nobody knows who is playing on those teams for the most part.

The argument that the stars drive the revenue is a lie. The most recent playoffs without Lebron did better than the one with him. People prefer competition. The stars gaining power and being overpaid and sitting out, has actually caused the NBA to do worse and the trend is pretty obvious if you go all the way back to the Jordan bulls era.

So what are you saying?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want to use a lock-out season playing off schedule as your proof, lol? The previous finals with Lebron were considerably higher than the past 4 finals.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where are your stats on viewership? That’s hard for me to believe because the NBA has international appeal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are your stats on viewership? That’s hard for me to believe because the NBA has international appeal.

Yeah, that isn’t right.

Totally different audience.

I watch UVA games because it is my alma-mater. I tune in to watch some games for players projected to be high lotto picks and I watch the tournament because it is fun.

But the as far as which is the better product?

Not comparable. Talent and ability on an NBA court is way higher.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that isn’t right.

Totally different audience.

I watch UVA games because it is my alma-mater. I tune in to watch some games for players projected to be high lotto picks and I watch the tournament because it is fun.

But the as far as which is the better product?

Not comparable. Talent and ability on an NBA court is way higher.

Yeah, the NCAA tournament might do better numbers than the NBA regular season and maybe some early round playoffs because it's similar to the Super Bowl in that even people who don't follow sports will watch because of the brackets.

Even then, I'd think that viewership may drop some as some folks lose interest when their brackets get busted.

But overall, I doubt it's very close.

I pretty much watch USC, certain rivalry games like Duke/UNC and the tournament. I don't even go out of my way to watch projected lotto picks because I figure I'll get to see them in the tournament.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the worst shitposts you've ever made and that's with a lot of competition. Wow.
No one is saying that he isn’t top 20 all-time. Those were words you conveniently shoved into my mouth. That said…

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a tweet from a soon-to-be 34-year-old man: :L

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see him wind up in either Memphis or Portland. Even though I’m a Nuggets fan and those are Otto of our biggest rivals, I’d like to see how he handles a small market.
Stupid autocorrect. This should have read that Memphis and Portland are “two” of our biggest rivals.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at his legacy is shot.

In 2017 the Cavs were loaded with Bron, Irving, Love and co. But, KD was an absolute assassin in the Finals. Stats do not tell the whole story but damn......he averaged 35.2ppg, 8.2rpg, and 5.4pg while shooting 55.6% and 47.4%. Those are MJ type numbers, minus MJ was not the outside shooter KD is. The Warriors do not win without KD. Bottom line.

Maybe you need more though? In 2019? The Warriors win the title after KD got hurt? No, they did not. Had KD not got injured they would have.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at his legacy is shot.

In 2017 the Cavs were loaded with Bron, Irving, Love and co. But, KD was an absolute assassin in the Finals. Stats do not tell the whole story but damn......he averaged 35.2ppg, 8.2rpg, and 5.4pg while shooting 55.6% and 47.4%. Those are MJ type numbers, minus MJ was not the outside shooter KD is. The Warriors do not win without KD. Bottom line.

Maybe you need more though? In 2019? The Warriors win the title after KD got hurt? No, they did not. Had KD not got injured they would have.
I agree, his legacy is not shot but it’s not like he was ever going to be in the GOAT convo anyway. He still played ridiculous. I think more of the issue is him running to ALREADY the best team in the league. The Cavs most likely win that Finals w/o KD but it would likely still be very competitive, with KD there was a very slim chance anyone was beating them. 2018 Houston had more of a chance than the 2017 CLE team and they blew it. W’s still earned it and KD was the best player on the team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad legacy to be the best player and Finals MVP twice on one of the 4 best teams ever assembled in NBA history

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Requesting a trade out of Brooklyn with 4 years left on his contract and possible additional fallout is going to mar his legacy somewhat among the more rational minded. I otherwise agree with this.

The people who say Durant always takes the path of least resistance do not give acknowledgement to him trying to gut it out in the 2019 finals. Many of these same people would be crucifying him, calling him any synonym for soft they could think up if he had done the prudent thing and sat that series out.

But a lot of fans in the epoch of social media seem to prize the veneer of the league being a soap opera costarring them above all else.

KD’s rings are​

Trash 210 75%
Treasure 71 25%

Cmon man.

Harden requested a trade out of Brooklyn.

Then Kyrie demanded 1.

It was in the best interest of both KD and the Nets to part ways once Kyrie was sent packing.

And KD DEFINITELY wanted to stay in Brooklyn with Kyrie.

That has 0 impact on his legacy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

Then Kyrie demanded 1.

It was in the best interest of both KD and the Nets to part ways once Kyrie was sent packing.

The only move that “impacted” his legacy by most is the move to GS. Yes KD recruited Kyrie to BKN but that’s the issues players run into recruiting each other, it doesn’t always workout.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only move that “impacted” his legacy by most is the move to GS. Yes KD recruited Kyrie to BKN but that’s the issues players run into recruiting each other, it doesn’t always workout.

I actually thought it was the other way around.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

Then Kyrie demanded 1.

That post was written last summer long before Kyrie asked out.

Could have said it at the time of the thread that Durant is a top 20 player ever (maybe top 15). That said, if he wants to lose the label as they guy that ran to the best team - He's gotta win one w/ titleless Phoenix.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, his legacy is not shot but it’s not like he was ever going to be in the GOAT convo anyway. He still played ridiculous. I think more of the issue is him running to ALREADY the best team in the league. The Cavs most likely win that Finals w/o KD but it would likely still be very competitive, with KD there was a very slim chance anyone was beating them. 2018 Houston had more of a chance than the 2017 CLE team and they blew it. W’s still earned it and KD was the best player on the team.
Golden State always beats the Cavs in the finals provided that Draymond doesn't pick another player's junk.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant is probably the greatest second option to play in the nba. He’s great at catch and shoot and can score like a first option when needed. I think he’s always going to need another aggressive alpha scorer to contend. I also think he knows that.