• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Howard will thrive in Nagy's offense

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, Trubisky is actually very accurate when he knows where to go with the ball. It's his inability to make reads and get through his progressions that get him in trouble.

This is absolutely wrong. Exactly the opposite of what's happening with Trubisky right now. He knows how to read the defense, and go through his progression but his accuracy has been terrible. Not sure this is something that is correctable imo

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the opposite of what's happening with Trubisky right now. He knows how to read the defense, and go through his progression

Interesting. I've seen a lot of analysts, experts, etc. breakdown Trubisky and I have never heard a single one claim that this is not his biggest issue. It seems to be a consensus that he stares down his first read and if it isn't there? Straight to his check down. You can even see this by simply watching him play and reading his eyes. The Amos INT happened week 1 because of this. He telegraphed the pass to Robinson.

His accuracy is certainly far from perfect. However, if that was his only problem, it would be a relief. As accuracy derives from proper mechanics and can be coached up. If you can't see the field - the only hope is that it comes with experience and repetition. However, at a certain point... the game just isn't going to slow down for you. We aren't to that point yet with Mitch, IMO. It's not that far off, though.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky can't read a defense.

Nagy has been staying in his ear after playcalls and up to his allotted time to help him with this.

And I've barely seen him go through progressions....he's staring down is primary consistently.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Jordan, he had a helluva game last night against the Pack.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Jordan, he had a helluva game last night against the Pack.

It was annoying watching the Eagles run all over the Packers like we should have when they laid out all of their DB-heavy defensive packages....160 passing yards and 34 points. We really borked the f*ck out of that first game. Sigh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky can't read a defense.

Nagy has been staying in his ear after playcalls and up to his allotted time to help him with this.

And I've barely seen him go through progressions....he's staring down is primary consistently.

Yeah, generally it's look at the first read and if he's not open? Straight to check-down.

However... Trubisky did have a throw on the final drive that game where actually did a fantastic job of recognizing a coverage and went through his progression all the way to his 3rd read to make a big throw for a first down. There were a couple of very nice reads by Trubisky in that game. He's not there, but there's still reason not to give up.

I have serious doubt about Trubisky. However, we should keep in mind that not every QB progresses at the same rate. Some breakout first year... some fourth. I don't think a "eureka!" type of moment where it all clicks into place is totally out of the question.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, generally it's look at the first read and if he's not open? Straight to check-down.

However... Trubisky did have a throw on the final drive that game where actually did a fantastic job of recognizing a coverage and went through his progression all the way to his 3rd read to make a big throw for a first down. There were a couple of very nice reads by Trubisky in that game. He's not there, but there's still reason not to give up.

I have serious doubt about Trubisky. However, we should keep in mind that not every QB progresses at the same rate. Some breakout first year... some fourth. I don't think a "eureka!" type of moment where it all clicks into place is totally out of the question.

My hope is Trubisky is developing more along the lines of Alex Smith but has a higher ceiling.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is Trubisky is developing more along the lines of Alex Smith but has a higher ceiling.

Yeah, Alex Smith is exactly who I sort of compared him to the other day. I think he can be Alex Smith with a little stronger arm. I doubt he'll ever be "elite" but I think "Alex Smith with a stronger arm" could be very solid. You can win with that QB and this defense.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Alex Smith is exactly who I sort of compared him to the other day. I think he can be Alex Smith with a little stronger arm. I doubt he'll ever be "elite" but I think "Alex Smith with a stronger arm" could be very solid. You can win with that QB and this defense.

So you think we can win it all this year then...……………….?...…….cause Im not thinking that.

Right now Dallas is looking like the team to beat in the NFC...…..And even with our def I don't see us beating them...…...

Not even sure we can beat Philly,GB or NO once Brees comes back......We need better play calling from nagy,more use of Montgomery and MT being this qb we`ve been looking for.....

And Im not ready to give out hopes for MT yet,but id want more than an Alex Smith clone out of him...……We didn't trade up to get an alex smith......We traded up to get a top 10 qb in the league...…..

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't trade up to get an alex smith

The 49ers didn't draft Smith #1 overall to get an Alex Smith. But that's what they ended up with.

I expect much more of Mitch as well. I want a top QB that can take over a game when he needs to. I don't think Mitch is ever gonna be that guy though based on the sample size I have.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny watching @BsGenius hang on to every time he was right and try to use it to prove he’s a genius, while copy catting everything I was stating before him. Sounds like he got lucky and is now trying to repeat a smart poster in order to maintain his self declared dominance. How pathetic... We can all see the reality of the situation, right?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny watching @BsGenius hang on to every time he was right and try to use it to prove he’s a genius, while copy catting everything I was stating before him. Sounds like he got lucky and is now trying to repeat a smart poster in order to maintain his self declared dominance. How pathetic... We can all see the reality of the situation, right?

k

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think we can win it all this year then...……………….?...…….cause Im not thinking that.

Right now Dallas is looking like the team to beat in the NFC...…..And even with our def I don't see us beating them...…...

Not even sure we can beat Philly,GB or NO once Brees comes back......We need better play calling from nagy,more use of Montgomery and MT being this qb we`ve been looking for.....

And Im not ready to give out hopes for MT yet,but id want more than an Alex Smith clone out of him...……We didn't trade up to get an alex smith......We traded up to get a top 10 qb in the league...…..

Dallas is actually threatening to you? They just seem like a solid all around team, but far from a threat to raise the Lombardi. Are you actually impressed with beating the Giants (with Eli), Washington and Miami? Let's see them play a team who isn't a top 5 draft pick. I fail to see where they look better than us, at all.

I view Dallas the same as I have the past few years. Meh... Good team. Lose in the wild card or divisional round. Defense is good, but not special. Offense can run, but Dak's never really proven himself against top flight competition. The last three weeks have been a very "Dallas-ish" run - beating up on the little guys while the national media sucks them off over it.

Philly looks totally broken defensively. They're 2-2 and have glaring holes in a lot of areas. I see another 9-ish win season for them. I post on another board with a lot of Philly fans and they all think Wentz is walking a thin line. With a cry for Pederson to be fired. It's more unstable there than it is here.

I need to see more of Green Bay. Week 1's are too weird. Our offense had a day that will undoubtedly be our worst of the season. Rodgers played roughly equally as bad. The D looks better, but the offense isn't right and I'm beginning to buy into the narrative that Rodgers best days are behind him. Their run game suddenly does not exist and their O-line has a few injuries too.

Los Angeles is the same as I've always felt. They destroy poor to middling competition. Goff and the offense folds when pressure is applied by a solid defense. Their route to the SB was the only possibly one that could have gotten them there last year. A nothing special Dallas team at home and then a miracle from god vs New Orleans.

I don't see why we can't... The team should be better than it was last year. We just need the D to stay healthy and we have the best unit in the league. When you have that... you can stay in any game with any team in any building. The offense seemed to find a bit of a rhythm Monday night. They got off to a similarly rough start last year before having a real nice run Week 4 up through the Detroit game in Week 10.

There's no clear front runner in the NFC and everyone has issues they need to improve on. We are in that bunch. In September, that's all you can ask for. Let's pile up the wins and look up at the end of October. See where we are.

If we beat Minnesota tomorrow, which I believe we should (Hicks health playing a factor) we are staring 5-1 dead in the eyes with Oakland upcoming in London and then New Orleans led by Bridgewater at home after the bye. So long as we don't literally gift wrap the game for NO by allowing a SPT's and DEF TD to them like Seattle did. Along with two red zone trips resulting in 0 points. I think we'll take care of business without much sweat in those.

Counting us out is just as silly as saying we'll win it...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex Smith was probably a back-end top 10 guy his last couple of years in KC and the beginning of his stint in WSH. So, I'm not downgrading Mitch there. I think Alex Smith was (or still could be) a good NFL QB. Alex Smith with a stronger arm is certainly top ten. Just not elite.

And honestly... I don't give a shit what we wanted Mitch to be. We have him now and I want to win a SB.

If Denver can win one with the corpse of Peyton. If the Giants D can win two with Eli. If Baltimore can win one with Flacco and Dilfer. We can certainly win one with Alex Smith + arm strength.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is actually threatening to you? They just seem like a solid all around team, but far from a threat to raise the Lombardi. Are you actually impressed with beating the Giants (with Eli), Washington and Miami? Let's see them play a team who isn't a top 5 draft pick. I fail to see where they look better than us, at all.

Dallas plays whos on their schedule,same as we did last year...….And they are not just beating them,they are destroying them...……….If youre not impressed with Dallas beating Washington,then you cant be impressed with us beating them and Denver...…...
lets see us beat a winning team...……..Hope it happens today,but im only hoping.
And we will be getting our shot at dallas later this year,only time will tell...…...

I view Dallas the same as I have the past few years. Meh... Good team. Lose in the wild card or divisional round. Defense is good, but not special. Offense can run, but Dak's never really proven himself against top flight competition. The last three weeks have been a very "Dallas-ish" run - beating up on the little guys while the national media sucks them off over it.

Philly looks totally broken defensively. They're 2-2 and have glaring holes in a lot of areas. I see another 9-ish win season for them. I post on another board with a lot of Philly fans and they all think Wentz is walking a thin line. With a cry for Pederson to be fired. It's more unstable there than it is here.

Philly just beat a team we couldn't beat in GBs own house......Wentz puts up 35,Trubisky 3...…...I don't know a lot about their def,but right now they were without Jernigan and a couple more dbs and this includes Desean Jax…...….
And Wentz and Pedersen is fine,theyre not going anywhere......
And we will be getting our nshot at these guys too...…...Time will tell.

I need to see more of Green Bay. Week 1's are too weird. Our offense had a day that will undoubtedly be our worst of the season. Rodgers played roughly equally as bad. The D looks better, but the offense isn't right and I'm beginning to buy into the narrative that Rodgers best days are behind him. Their run game suddenly does not exist and their O-line has a few injuries too.

totally agree with this.........

Los Angeles is the same as I've always felt. They destroy poor to middling competition. Goff and the offense folds when pressure is applied by a solid defense. Their route to the SB was the only possibly one that could have gotten them there last year. A nothing special Dallas team at home and then a miracle from god vs New Orleans.

They have a healthy Gurley/kupp now...………..They have a lethal offense.........

I don't see why we can't... The team should be better than it was last year. We just need the D to stay healthy and we have the best unit in the league. When you have that... you can stay in any game with any team in any building. The offense seemed to find a bit of a rhythm Monday night. They got off to a similarly rough start last year before having a real nice run Week 4 up through the Detroit game in Week 10.

There's no clear front runner in the NFC and everyone has issues they need to improve on. We are in that bunch. In September, that's all you can ask for. Let's pile up the wins and look up at the end of October. See where we are.

If we beat Minnesota tomorrow, which I believe we should (Hicks health playing a factor) we are staring 5-1 dead in the eyes with Oakland upcoming in London and then New Orleans led by Bridgewater at home after the bye. So long as we don't literally gift wrap the game for NO by allowing a SPT's and DEF TD to them like Seattle did. Along with two red zone trips resulting in 0 points. I think we'll take care of business without much sweat in those.

Counting us out is just as silly as saying we'll win it...

I also believe we will beat Minnesota,NO and yes no doubt we beat Oak,but we need better offensive play...……..
And Im not counting us out,i said "as of right now"...…….Teams get hot/change during a course of the season...…..

But right NOW.....…………..No we cant.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith was probably a back-end top 10 guy his last couple of years in KC and the beginning of his stint in WSH. So, I'm not downgrading Mitch there. I think Alex Smith was (or still could be) a good NFL QB. Alex Smith with a stronger arm is certainly top ten. Just not elite.

And honestly... I don't give a shit what we wanted Mitch to be. We have him now and I want to win a SB.

If Denver can win one with the corpse of Peyton. If the Giants D can win two with Eli. If Baltimore can win one with Flacco and Dilfer. We can certainly win one with Alex Smith + arm strength.

trubisky is not even an Alex Smith yet............maybe his begining years,but not the latter...........
And i do realize we have Trubisky and not what we hoped for,but thats not what we were hoping for.......So far Im a little disappointed........
As far as eli winning two SBs,Trubiskys level of play will never get high enough to fill Elis shoes........Eli a twox SB MVP......Thats silly to think.
Baltimores def was better than out unit now for Dilfer to win the SB........
And I hope to win the SB every year...……even when we had Cutler,who I just despised probably more than anyone on this board...………......

and being honest her.………right now no...…...can we yes,if the conditions are right....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not one team in the NFL I'm afraid of. If our offense improves just a little and we stay healthy there is a SB in reach. Personally I think our offense will be top 10 by years end. I base this on having my head up my ass. but it's what I believe. Fk Dallas stop 1 guy stop them. There are a small handful of teams competing for the SB and we are one of them. Were just very very talented across the board. Our Oline is horrible but I expect them to steadily improve as the season goes. I also expect Long to be benched soon.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not one team in the NFL I'm afraid of. If our offense improves just a little and we stay healthy there is a SB in reach. Personally I think our offense will be top 10 by years end. I base this on having my head up my ass. but it's what I believe. Fk Dallas stop 1 guy stop them. There are a small handful of teams competing for the SB and we are one of them. Were just very very talented across the board. Our Oline is horrible but I expect them to steadily improve as the season goes. I also expect Long to be benched soon.

I like your thinking Joe...…….But Dallas has more than one player to stop...…..After Zeke theres Dak,Cooper and Gallup,they are gonna be hard to stop...….

We are gonna have our chance to show what we can really do when Dallas,KC,SD,,NO and Phiily come up on the schedule...…….
These teams are all playoff teams...……….Lets see what we can do with that.